Beatles Blog Carnival

This blog is an open discussion of The Beatles

Moderator: Mike

Beatles Blog Carnival

Postby jimsgotweb » Mon Nov 05, 2012 9:25 pm

The new edition of the Beatles Blog Carnival is online at:
http://beatlesblogcarnival.com

Read what others are saying about the Beatles memorabilia items they received by being one of the first 25 to subscribe.
http://beatlesblogcarnival.com/beatles-memorabilia-item/

See you there!
Jim
Visit my Beatles Blog Carnival at http://beatlesblogcarnival.com Be one of the first 25 to subscribe this month and receive an authentic Beatles memorabilia item.
jimsgotweb

Re: Beatles Blog Carnival

Postby mr h atom » Tue Nov 06, 2012 12:11 am

hey, jim.!!

..when's the last time you posted a review of a mccartney album here ..??... :-??

crickets chirp....

or...joined in a discussion on the merits of a mccartney tour..??... :roll:

um...set list...???.... :-?

more crickets.......

and...where's that list of your favorite macca albums...or, heck...beatle albums...??? :-W

yeah....yeah...i thought so..... L-)

sayanora, sucka
lift up your head...and remember what your life is !
mr h atom
Gold member :)

Postby jimsgotweb » Tue Nov 06, 2012 12:12 pm

Hey dude, chill!
If you would check the forum you'll see that I have participated in some of the discussions.
I've posted an article recently about a short story that I've written about the Beatles, don't remember seeing anything from you there.
I put a lot of work into reviewing websites and blogs for the Beatles Blog Carnival and get a lot of favorable reviews from readers.
I think that helps the Beatles community, so how do you contribute, sucka?
Visit my Beatles Blog Carnival at http://beatlesblogcarnival.com Be one of the first 25 to subscribe this month and receive an authentic Beatles memorabilia item.
jimsgotweb

Postby mr h atom » Tue Nov 06, 2012 2:05 pm

you're not seriously asking me if i've checked the forums around here, are you ??

sorry J, while you were busy putting in, what, your 5th....maybe 6th entry, down there in the 'short story' area...you might've noticed the bountiful entries i had...y'know...the ones you questioned if they even existed...that actually at least faked being a short story...

...as opposed to yours just being a glorified ad for people to, once again, come on over your your place...

still, you have a point, it is always good for fans to promote the beatles (as opposed to promoting themselves), after all...since they broke up, all those years ago, whose been looking out for their best interests, anyway, right

what i find rude is anybody who flops onto a site they really do not use (7 posts...really...7 ?!?)...just to ask people to come over to their site...

i'm sure your abode is a mighty fine one...all spiffy-like...have fun with that...i'll just chill out here, thanks
mr h atom

Postby lobbybobby » Tue Nov 06, 2012 2:19 pm

What h said :cheers
catch up...cats and kittens...don't get left behind...
lobbybobby
Supporter
Supporter

Postby jimsgotweb » Tue Nov 06, 2012 2:47 pm

OK, you're right, I'm new here, so excuse me if that's a crime, but I'm sure there was a time that you were also new here.

I'm having a hard time understanding why you are offended by my presence on the forum.
Yes, I 'flopped onto this site' as you say, and am promoting my site. A site that I'm not trying to make any money on, by the way, a site on which I promote other sites that are Beatles related, not a self promotion at all. If I was promoting myself I would mention my other blogs, which are, just kidding, I'm not promoting my other blogs.

If you're not interested in visiting my humble blog, that is fine, I will live, but try to have a little understanding of why I am here and what I'm trying to do.
Which is to promote Beatles and Beatles related websites and blogs.

I don't have a lot of extra time to spend on the forums, as much fun as this exchange with you has been, but I will try.
Jim
jimsgotweb

Postby mr h atom » Tue Nov 06, 2012 5:04 pm

i, too, often (carnival?) cruise around on that grand old flag ship 'the USS Sarcasm'...ah, i know it's decks swell...

so, i can dig where you're coming from J...but that had to be about as big a set of whiny excuses as i've heard from someone in quite all long time: don't you have any integrity, man ?

i, and many others in our welcoming crowd, would be glad to discuss many issues of great depth...right here...about the beatles, mccartney...heck, the world...

maybe you should set a spell...add to our communal knowledge...enlighten us with your superior intellect a little...

after we get to know you...maybe some would even like to come over to your house and play a bit

let's try making alot of your grand posts we're all supposed to be impressed with about something other than i me mine...'cause, until then, you're still just trollin' for peeps.

so, J...what'd you think about 'Kisses On The Bottom' ?
mr h atom

Postby jimsgotweb » Tue Nov 06, 2012 5:40 pm

Ok,truce?

I think Paul is doing what he wants to do and good for him. When the Beatles came out my parents thought they were a big joke and that their music was terrible.
I think it's ironic that on this album he's singing the kind of songs that my parents would love.
I think Paul's voice sounds great. I've heard people say that he should quit singing because his voice is loosing strength. I say, let him sing, we'll miss him when he's gone.
My favorite is "It's Only a Paper Moon."

What's your opinion of the album?
jimsgotweb

Postby mr h atom » Tue Nov 06, 2012 7:15 pm

loved KOTB !

i know what you mean about 'my parents kinda music'...but i was a weird kid...i loved all kinds of music: i used to religiously watch 'name that tune', 'the lawrence welk show', 'hee haw' and pbs classical stuff...not to mention 'midnight special' and 'soul train'

heck, i liked the talk shows for the talk and the music...

i was totally w/paul when he would talk, before the album, about how much he loved this sort of thing: heck, any beatle fan can see it in so many songs from way back then...'honey pie', 'your mother should know' come directly to mind as beatle songs as influenced by this stuff as any other genre

no need for a truce, J...just the odd join-in once in a while will keep the 'USS Sarcasm' in dock...maybe...
mr h atom

Postby bravefan » Wed Nov 07, 2012 8:58 am

I too have cruised that ship. Got to admit I love it. I remember my mom loved the Beatles and my dad hated them. Very interesting dynamic in a world so long ago. While he passed 40 years ago and mom in 09' I can't help but stop and wonder what they'd think of the direction music headed. I try to keep an open mind about music but always seem to head back to Macca.
Btw...H, I don't know if you've ever heard of a country artist named Steve Wariner. He's from my great Hoosier state and can pick it with the best of them. He now resides in Tn. Anyway check him out. One of the more talented country artists nobody seems to know about.
Thanks for letting my stroll down memory lane after getting off the greatest cruise ship in the world!
bravefan
Bronze member
Bronze member

Next

Return to The Beatles: General Discussions