Christmas On The Bottom? Macca records "The Christmas Song"

Discussions of various topics about Paul not covered in the forums below.

Moderator: Mike

Re: Christmas On The Bottom? Macca records "The Christmas S

Postby flextint » Sat Sep 29, 2012 12:09 am

How is it the world has never gotten a christmas album from this man?It would be brilliant!
flextint
Supporter
Supporter

Postby Girl4Beats » Sat Sep 29, 2012 4:56 pm

Flex,

When I was a member of the Fun Club, I wrote in and asked about an album of traditional Christmas songs and the reply I got was He doesn't do those kinds of things. But since he has gotten older, maybe he might try it. I can always hope.
Girl4Beats
Bronze member
Bronze member

Postby flextint » Sat Sep 29, 2012 9:52 pm

Would be great if he did.Even Ringo and Bob Dylan have Christmas albums.It would't hurt his career.Michael bubble sold millions with his Christmas album last year.Paul's album would be a classic .
flextint
Supporter
Supporter

Postby Girl4Beats » Sun Sep 30, 2012 11:06 am

flex,

I liked Michael Buble's Christmas album. He does a wonderful rendition of "Ave Maria". I am still looking for Josh Groban's Christmas album with "O Holy Night" on it.

Yes I think Paul should come out with an album of traditional Christmas music. I would buy it.
Girl4Beats
Bronze member
Bronze member

Postby flextint » Sun Sep 30, 2012 10:42 pm

Maybe someone should make thread asking if they would want and buy a Paul Mccartney Christmas album?Maybe some people would rather he didn't.And yes girl4beats,Bubble put out a nice chritmas album.I admit i bought it also. :wink:
flextint
Supporter
Supporter

Postby mr h atom » Mon Oct 01, 2012 1:18 am

there are alot of really good christmas albums by big name artists...some, however, are boring dreck...

some are so distinctive they are easily among my favorite records of all time...the buble record was really nice: i like that style of stuff, but, then again, i like a lot of different styles of music, too...but i still look to bruce cockburn, brian setzer and stings album from a year or two ago as bright examples of how to do this sort of thing right

my concern for an all paul attempt would be that, from the outside at least....he's never really shown a great deal of interest in that sort of thing...

however, he's now done at least 3 songs (wonderful christmas time, rudolph the red nosed reggae, and this new one) and done them mighty well, too...

and that does not include the stuff the beatles used to do, so we know he's not necessarily disinterested, either

i'm thinking that if he found a way to make it distinctively a 'paul mccarney' in the same way he brought something a bit different to the songs off 'choba', 'run devil run' and 'kisses...'...if he found a way to 'own' the songs, it might just work...

but i'd hate to see him just rattle off covers for the heck of it...

but who am i foolin'...i'd buy it in a second and play it no matter what !!

i'd just as soon it be from the heart and really, really good
lift up your head...and remember what your life is !
mr h atom
Gold member :)
Gold member :)

Postby Girl4Beats » Mon Oct 01, 2012 5:18 pm

H,

I find that when artist take a song and try to make it their own, for me, it loses something in the translation. With Traditional Christmas songs, I would rather the artist, no matter who they are, try to sing it the way it was written or meant to be sung. All these little flourishes and such don't appeal to me. Just sing the song the way it was written.

But I would also buy a Christmas album by Paul. NOTE: I bought KOTB, didn't I? HAHAHA!!
Girl4Beats
Bronze member
Bronze member

Previous

Return to MACCA - all discussions