clint eastwood

Discussions of various topics about Paul not covered in the forums below.

Moderator: Mike

Re: clint eastwood

Postby mhnso » Sat Sep 08, 2012 12:40 am

Since I am a citizen of Sweden I can t claim to be either R or D. Guess for many republicans Sweden is a very leftist country. Politics in Europe and USA are very different by all means. Guess there is a great span of different opinions within the democrats and republicans as well. For an european the moral issues, religous issues and all that stuff that we read are a part of american politics seems a bit eh exotic. Never mind that Clint Easywods perfomance obviously wasn t a succes for Milt and his cohorts.
Don t agree with Mike that he came out of the closet I have been aware of Clint s politics a long time. There might be an overweight of socalled liberals in Hollywood but obvipisly there are a lot of rightwing people there as well. Back in the days we had John Wayne, Charlton Heston still goin strong, Bruce Wills and lot s of others. Actually - during the Mccarthyera a lot of people have to leave Hollywood because they were accused of being communists, Chaplin was one of them
Back to the topic - I felt sad because Clint perforce wasn t so sharp. Also felt sad that the chiefrepublicans seemed more embarassed than proud afterwards.

If Macca decided to openly support one of the political parties in Britains and made an awkward perfomance during a polititical rally I would be unhappy. Don t think art and politics should be mixed THAT way
mhnso
Silver member
Silver member

Postby Mike » Sat Sep 08, 2012 8:08 am

Guess I should have elaborated more regarding the closet comment, I was mostly referring to what Clint said there are more conservatives in Hollywood than you think but they have to stay in the closet to protect their lively hood.

As per lyrics, to the tune of Great Day:

If your wide awake, during the first debate, Go ahead and make my day
While your standing there, starring at that empty chair, Go ahead and make my day

And it won't be long, oh no It won't be long, it won't be long, no no It won't be long, won't be long, oh no It won't be long, it won't be long, ooh yeah
Ooh, ooh, yeah Go ahead, make my day

Don't tell me to F-myself, got Oscars sittin on my shelf, Go ahead and make my day

And it won't be long, oh no It won't be long, it won't be long, no no It won't be long, won't be long, oh no It won't be long, it won't be long, ooh yeah

When you're wide awake after the last debate, Go ahead and make my day
Replace who's be sitting there, in that old empty chair, Go ahead and make my day
Mike
Gold member :)

Postby mr h atom » Sat Sep 08, 2012 10:05 am

:-D

need to have rick rubin record clint singing that..it'd be a #1 hit...

do a artsy b/w video that'd be all over the place before you could say....
lift up your head...and remember what your life is !
mr h atom

Postby gjh » Mon Sep 10, 2012 4:55 pm

i guess i missed stus point or whatever
but man how things change
i'm my own worst enemy!!
i have been hard on paul about his voice
my wife and friends make comments and i guess i use that as an indicator for the general public
so i say he should stop touring and focus on the studio blah blah blah
right after i posted that i find out he's coming to Vancouver!!!! NOV 25th!!!
last time he was here was 1964...him and the lads did a twenty minute show then high tailed it to seatle the same day
there is a contradiction in here somewhere...as now i'm saying TOUR PAUL TOUR!!! hahah :oops:
maybe its been my bitterness of thinking i will never see him live...and now its happening...a dream come true
i'm working on front row seats..bouncers may have to prevent me from climbing the stage and hugging the guy!!
gjh

Postby mr h atom » Mon Sep 10, 2012 8:54 pm

nah, gj...we all understand...that voice is a precious, unique instrument and the man need to take good care of it...

even when some trumpet that he should stop touring...most of us readily assume that they mean as long as it appears it is in bad shape, so, for right now, we'll all assume that it is mended, so...

go and enjoy the fun...no matter what, it'll definately be one of the best times of your life

but if reading through most of these posts should teach anyone anything...it's never listen to just someone else, especially if thier ideas might be tainted by anything other than the sheer truth...only you can seek that out and judge for yourself...whether the current state of a persons singing voice or a politicians real stance and abilities: don't let even the gentle, friendly nattering nabobs of negativism be your guide; illuminate your own path
mr h atom

Postby chris » Tue Sep 11, 2012 5:34 pm

clint has never been shy in stating his political leanings.

now, about the chair(man). i think it took balls. i hear it was unscripted and off the top. but it was, odd, at times. and it appeared to, at times, confuse the audience.

and part of it made me sort of sad. he's been the tough guy for as long as i can remember. he was so old...i know, i know...we should all be so lucky to reach 82. but it was a bit of shock seeing his aged self up there.
I want to tell her that I love her a lot, but I got to get a belly full of wine.
chris
Supporter
Supporter

Postby gjh » Wed Sep 12, 2012 8:26 am

mr h atom wrote:nah, gj...we all understand...that voice is a precious, unique instrument and the man need to take good care of it...

even when some trumpet that he should stop touring...most of us readily assume that they mean as long as it appears it is in bad shape, so, for right now, we'll all assume that it is mended, so...

go and enjoy the fun...no matter what, it'll definately be one of the best times of your life

but if reading through most of these posts should teach anyone anything...it's never listen to just someone else, especially if thier ideas might be tainted by anything other than the sheer truth...only you can seek that out and judge for yourself...whether the current state of a persons singing voice or a politicians real stance and abilities: don't let even the gentle, friendly nattering nabobs of negativism be your guide; illuminate your own path

thankyou...i will enjoy
will let you know how it turned out
of tho course it will be fantastic!
(:
gjh

Postby james1985 » Wed Sep 12, 2012 5:57 pm

May sweet memories of friends from the past
Always comes to you, when you look for them
james1985
Supporter
Supporter

Postby Awesoman » Fri Sep 14, 2012 11:36 pm

jgkojak wrote:
Why we anyone would elect a venture capitalist to run the country when its the bankers/venture capitalists who got us into this mess in the first place is beyond me.

Because the current President is making Jimmy Carter look like the most accomplished President of all time. Romney may be about as charismatic as sand paper, but hopefully he'll have a better plan than "yes we can!".
Awesoman

Postby mr h atom » Sat Sep 15, 2012 4:04 am

wow...it's insipidly low, stupid, hateful and uninformed comments like that that remind me how much my party has led the way to dumbing down american politics

while you're feeling so satisfied with yourself there, awes...lets not forget that bush created the economic crisis and did absolutely nothing to try to fix it...and it is the fallout of which we are all still living through

the economy was not only ready to tank at the end of '08...but the very real threat of a serious depression was at hand...thanks to the current admin's even handed approach...that did not happen

it was bush who got us quagmired in two wars...one of which (iraq) was entirely unnecessary and built on lies...bush took his eyes off the prize in afghanistan and let the bad guy, the reason we went there in the first place, get away...8 years of war and no bin laden

in less than 4 , obama got the bad guy and has us, slowly, on our way out of all three of bushs' quagmires

as a (r)...i'm not at all proud of the stupidity and trouble we've caused...it behooves us to be smarter and quit blaming the other guy for our mistakes
mr h atom

PreviousNext

Return to MACCA - all discussions