Mark Ronson to produce next album

Discussions of various topics about Paul not covered in the forums below.

Moderator: Mike

Re: Mark Ronson to produce next album

Postby efghijiloveyou » Thu Sep 06, 2012 7:43 pm

I've been anticipating this album for awile now. It's not released here until the eleventh, so I must wait a few more days. :cry:
efghijiloveyou
Bronze member
Bronze member

Postby EddieV » Fri Sep 07, 2012 7:26 am

As usual does Bob get great reviews! Is it a great album??
Now junior behave yourself
EddieV
Supporter
Supporter

Postby mhnso » Sat Sep 08, 2012 12:54 am

If it s great album or not is up to the listnener I guess. Being a great admirer and follower of Dylans work I must say I think it s a masterpiece and definitvely up there with some of his greatest work. It s not easylistening though, Dylans voice is rather shot these days even though he uses it to great effect. The music is wonderfully executed by Bob s touring band and there are some very good melodies. The lyrics are outstanding but mostly real dark. Lot s of people dies in these songs. Some songs are very long the titletrack Tempest 14 minutes 45 verses describing the Titanic disaster or maybe Dylans version of that. Tin angel nine minute - a true murderballad. My favorite tracks so far are the very Stones sounding Pay in Blood in which a real pissed of Dylan sings "I will pay in blood but not mine" The other favorite is the lovely elegy for John Lennon - Roll on John
The thing is that Dylan, 72 years old, still makes music that are relevant and challenging. That is the lesson for our Macca to learn. He works in a different field than Dylan but I really hope he could make a piece of work that creates true exitement and really can stand up among his best. Think he could if he want s to - not playing it safe but let his creative instincts and spontanity run the show
mhnso
Silver member
Silver member

Postby mr h atom » Sat Sep 08, 2012 10:12 am

...which reminds us, unfortunately, of paul often being labeled a 'lightweight'...

and, now, picking a post-teen, pop producer...

thanks for making me worried, M :wink:

actually, i think everything he's done after DR has been fairly relevant...maybe not earthshaking profound, but fully, artistically realized nonetheless...just my humble o' , though...
lift up your head...and remember what your life is !
mr h atom
Gold member :)
Gold member :)

Postby mhnso » Sun Sep 09, 2012 4:58 am

Well mr H compared to Dylans latest opus most things are lightweight. I agree that most of Pauls output since Flaming Pie has been both creative and true artistic statements and as I said Macca and Dylan works partly in different fields. Only hope that there will be a challenge for Macca to create something extraordinary - again.
mhnso
Silver member
Silver member

Previous

Return to MACCA - all discussions