clint eastwood

Discussions of various topics about Paul not covered in the forums below.

Moderator: Mike

Re: clint eastwood

Postby mr h atom » Mon Sep 03, 2012 9:24 pm

if you've ever seen tony b...he does project his voice quite often...though, clearly not in the same style or with as much ...ferocity as paul and other rockers...

life wouldn't have been the same w/o the little richards/paul mccartney style screamin' rockers, and i, for one, am glad to have seen it in its heyday...

but that shouldn't detract from the majesty of the same effect done differently, as with bennet and others.

if pauls voice cannot handle those types of songs, it is o.k. by me: he showed very clearly with the cool, smoky version of 'lady madonna' in the 'chaos' special that he can re-invent them to suit his matured and weathered voice

i, for one, think it's time he took a path where-in he finds ways to sing that protects that magical instrument that is his voice before he does serious permanent damage

as to whether or not some of us took off in a wrong direction...there is nothing about the original post that would indicate anything other than clints ability to 'perform' without looking silly before a crowd...certainly this is not the proper place for further digressions, but the responses were average for the way the original post was written

i'm not sure what was meant when by alluding to anyone getting flak from everyone: no one gave anyone flak over a single thing...

i'm thinkin' everybody needs a chillax pill...me included :wink:

get well, paul..your fan base is restive
lift up your head...and remember what your life is !
mr h atom
Gold member :)

Postby gjh » Mon Sep 03, 2012 10:53 pm

i remember getting alot of opposition on here regarding pauls voice which is completely fine
but to me its quite obvious in some songs and frankly kinda embarrasing
i think stu is just alluding to to the fact that for many many people..millions,pauls legacy is firmly intact
but the younger generations who never grew up with the guy and don't know him like we do might not understand this aging..gracefully i might add..rocker up there not quite nailing that note and what the hell is he trying to prove (:
i would welcome paul to stop touring
put his energy into the studio and create tone it down a bit
his voice is still well suited for great music KOTB showed us that
gjh

Postby mr h atom » Tue Sep 04, 2012 12:51 pm

:? ...okay, i can see that...

and, if that is what stu meant, sorry..i either read it wrong or...well...let's just say none of us, me included, always write perfect sentences and thoughts, right ?

so, mea culpa...thought he was referring to the politicalization...

otherwise nice thoughts, but, yeah...we've all been saying that since the beginning of the year, in one way or another, right ?
i can't say i agree with everything, though, that you bring up: i don't really think he needs to stop touring...just stop touring for now, until tyhe voice recovers...probably needs to refrain from belting out like crazy, as he has all up to this point...

given proper rest of the VC's...there is no reason he can't sing live...just not nearly as often...and not nearly as...youthfullish

who knows...maybe paul reads some of our silly thoughts and is fast working on a new song called 'clint eastwood' :wink:
mr h atom

Postby bearsy » Tue Sep 04, 2012 5:06 pm

clint was great!!!!!! get a sense of humor liberal wacko
bearsy

Postby bearsy » Tue Sep 04, 2012 5:09 pm

mccartney is amazing! live in the now
bearsy

Postby mr h atom » Wed Sep 05, 2012 12:42 am

:twisted:

bearsy...wasn't anyone around here acting like any sort of wacko...other than you....

obviously you never listened to yo mama when she said be polite...

since this all of your second post, let's hope you grow some maturity before the third

you wouldn't want to make anyone...angry
mr h atom

Postby mhnso » Thu Sep 06, 2012 8:26 am

Clint Eastwood is one of the alltime great movie directors and actors- I deeply admire the man. His movies especially from the early nineties and on has been both entertaining and serious. His "show" on the republican convent was just sad. That he was a republican(a moderate one) was well known and no problem for me. But I had problem watching one of my heroes make such a total fool of himself. Or was he actually pulling a leg with the whole situation. Who knows. What I do know is that some of his movies-Unforgiven, Milliondollar baby and many more will have a longer life than some of todays politician no matter if they are democrats or republicans.
mhnso
Silver member
Silver member

Postby Girl4Beats » Thu Sep 06, 2012 6:17 pm

I didn't watch what everyone else watched re: Clint Eastwood. But I agree with H, Macca NEEDS to rest the voice. He should continue touring as long as he wants and as long as the voice holds out. I see no reason why he shouldn't. When his fan base starts declining then maybe he will hang up his touring shoes and settle down to making albums.

Macca, just watch the pipes.
Girl4Beats
Bronze member
Bronze member

Postby efghijiloveyou » Thu Sep 06, 2012 7:34 pm

I don't mean to offend anyone, but I don't think Clint made a fool of himself at all. Liberals seem to think everyone else is a liberal and the truth is everyone is not. Of course the libs are going to think Clint looked stupid and that the man's just too old and doddering to have an opinion (as if being old is a crime) but to those on the other side, he validated what many people feel about Obama- he's an absentee president who doesn't speak for a whole lot of people.
efghijiloveyou
Bronze member
Bronze member

Postby mr h atom » Fri Sep 07, 2012 6:40 pm

this really isn't the 'general discussion' area...so i'll make this quick:

i am an (r) and just as many of us have wrinkled thier eyebrows or raised concerns...many within the romney camp instantly have distanced themselves from this...let's not out and out make any of this out to be just or only the greatly feared 'libs'

...no president speaks for all the people..most don't even come close...no president in recent memory has had any sort of real electoral mandate, even reagan didn't really have the numbers to claim that...though many do so...

almost 50% of the eligible voting populace does not do so and most elections have been alot nearer to 50-50 than have been by wide margins...the (d)s hold about 30% in their pockets, the (r)s about the same..and they fight over the rest who bother: lets' not act like either side are knights in shining armor

all the problems all our countries/economies have are equally the fault of both sides and we won't fix any of it if we keep on with this sort of nonsense

lastly, alot of members of my party are repeatedly gone on about how the (d)s are all about too much govt...too much trying to fix things..you simply cannot be an 'absentee' and have your fingers in everybodies pie..can't have it both ways i'm afraid

so...in the mean time..anyone got any ideas on the lyrics for the very non-political new mccartney song called 'clint eastwood'
mr h atom

PreviousNext

Return to MACCA - all discussions