clint eastwood

Discussions of various topics about Paul not covered in the forums below.

Moderator: Mike

clint eastwood

Postby stuart7 » Sat Sep 01, 2012 5:58 pm

Paul, we love you and admire your work ethic. And you are still going strong. But, as Clint Eastwood demonstrated the other night, time inevitably takes its toll on all of us. Please try to know when it's your time to relinquish the stage so you don't harm your legacy.
stuart7

Re: clint eastwood

Postby Girl4Beats » Sun Sep 02, 2012 10:14 am

PIFFLE!
Girl4Beats
Bronze member
Bronze member

Postby Mike » Sun Sep 02, 2012 11:19 am

It's is a sad state when a man such as Clint Eastwood has to wait til his is 82 before coming out of the closet.

People like him should not have to hide their believes and keep them hidden in fear of never being able to work in Hollywood.

All this sounds familiar, no, Dirty Harry isn't coming out of the closet for being gay, or not for his religious beliefs, but as a closet Republican.

Maybe this will break the cycle, maybe the myth that the entertainment industry is just a mass majority of liberals. I think it's a mass majority of phonies who pretend to be whatever it takes to keep them working in an industry generally controlled by liberal decision makers.

Three cheers for Clint.
Mike
Gold member :)

Postby efghijiloveyou » Sun Sep 02, 2012 2:51 pm

I agree with you sentiments, Mike, but weren't Clint's political leanings known since his days as the mayor of Carmel, California? I'm not sure. Stuart7, in what ways did Clint Eastwood harm his legacy?
efghijiloveyou
Bronze member
Bronze member

Postby stuart7 » Sun Sep 02, 2012 9:42 pm

Because he was at times incoherent...
stuart7

Postby mr h atom » Sun Sep 02, 2012 10:57 pm

haven't seen the vid on this, but i've heard from most that he did okay...

sadly, some of his (r) bretheren have been at fault for the (mis?)conception that he may not have done as good as some might've hoped: alot have been dismissive and even Mitts kinda distanced himself from it a bit...all while offhandedly praising him...

either way...you are quite right, EF : clint ran and won (and presided over) his mayorship (with what little power it actually had) as a (r), and presented predominately m.o.r. (r) type economic policies

also, the (r)'s, while not always having a massive amount of control in Ca., have always been pretty potent political force/voice there...

hollywood (just like the news media ) is not now, and really never has been, just a bunch of lefties: it is big business and makes billions and billions of $$ for many... the lines, in front of the camera and behind the camera, are about as evenly split as in any other large business environment: for every bill gates or warren buffet...you get a bill koch or donald trump...

...we (r)'s have a lot to learn about just accepting facts as facts and doing better with our policies than always painting our fellow citizens as some sort of dingbat who can't balance a budget, defend freedom or otherwise get things accomplished effectively

clint and many others have always worn their allegiance proudly on their sleeves...as a fellow (r), i could rattle off names like bruce willis, arnie, kid rock, frank sinatra...and they donate to campaigns just as often as their (d) counterparts...

no, the (r)'s, both directly in front and behind the camera and microphones have always been present and made themselves known

it is just as likely, though, that people like clint, bruce and frank have never gone overboard because they know thier peers are fellow citizens of integrity and faith who only seek answers to tough questions through a different path...not cretins who, seemingly, are ready to sell out civilization as we know it

as a life long registered (r), i cannot state more emphatically : the (r)'s are no less responsible than their (d) counterparts for all the mess' we find ourselves in, economically or otherwise
lift up your head...and remember what your life is !
mr h atom

Postby jgkojak » Mon Sep 03, 2012 3:09 am

Clint did not do OK. While I respect him as an artist, and I do not blame him for this appearance, it was a sad state of affairs.

One of the ways you judge a potential President is "can they wage and manage an effective campaign?" because managing our campaign team is a lot like managing the White House.

Romney has failed miserably managing his campaign - and Eastwood was yet another example.

Why we anyone would elect a venture capitalist to run the country when its the bankers/venture capitalists who got us into this mess in the first place is beyond me.
Everyone's talkin' 'bout the President
We all chip in for a bag of cement
jgkojak
Supporter
Supporter

Postby Mike » Mon Sep 03, 2012 8:06 am

And Obama is doing so well managing his campaign, guess then he really wants to call Romney a murderer, felon, tax cheat and so on. Yes, well managed. He can't run on his record so keep the smoke screen going as long as they can. Yes, good strategy, let's see how that's going to work.
Mike

Postby stuart7 » Mon Sep 03, 2012 12:22 pm

Wow, this is getting far afield from my original comment that I hope Paul never embarrasses himself because he stays on the big stage too long. I worry that his recent vocal problems are not temporary and am hopeful that he stops playing big arenas before he starts sounding really bad. There are so many other venues that could remain open to him...
stuart7

Postby gjh » Mon Sep 03, 2012 7:24 pm

stuart7 wrote:Wow, this is getting far afield from my original comment that I hope Paul never embarrasses himself because he stays on the big stage too long. I worry that his recent vocal problems are not temporary and am hopeful that he stops playing big arenas before he starts sounding really bad. There are so many other venues that could remain open to him...

i agree with you stu...you get flak from everyone here but like ol Niel Young says "there comes a time"
i hear references how Tony Bennet..in his 80's...is still out there doing his thing
well he has never belted out helter skelter..monkeberry moon..oh darling among many others
i'm sure the vocal chords have been affected...hes still awesome but yeah..i know what you mean
gjh

Next

Return to MACCA - all discussions