Mark Ronson to produce next album

Discussions of various topics about Paul not covered in the forums below.

Moderator: Mike

Re: Mark Ronson to produce next album

Postby mr h atom » Fri Aug 24, 2012 12:20 am

if i'm not mistaken...and i'm fairly certain i'm not...kisses on the bottom got pretty much great to rave reviews from all over the music spectrum...

and while i understand the type/style of music might not be everyones cup o' tea...that does not make it an album worthy of derision

if we, as macca fans, can't understand that this sort of music, just like the songs on 'choba' and 'rdr', is as much a foundation of his writing and performing style as anything else, then we really don't really know mccartney...

any true mccartney fans can see the roots of many of his great classics, both as a beatle, and as a solo artist, in the songbook of the earlier years...

all of which are brought to magnificent life on these 3 albums, all of which are clear labors of love by a master at the top of his craft

we can only hope he brings that much to the table on each and every album he makes going forward...including the one he'll soon make with ronson
lift up your head...and remember what your life is !
mr h atom
Gold member :)

Postby bravefan » Fri Aug 24, 2012 8:35 am

I really like KOTB. MrH nailed it. I don't need a rocking album to be pleased. Just Macca being Macca and delivering the kind of talent that only he possesess. RDR hit that genre of song so well. It fit. I'm just looking forward to whatever he delivers.
bravefan
Bronze member
Bronze member

Postby Awesoman » Sat Aug 25, 2012 12:11 am

mr h atom wrote:if i'm not mistaken...and i'm fairly certain i'm not...kisses on the bottom got pretty much great to rave reviews from all over the music spectrum...

and while i understand the type/style of music might not be everyones cup o' tea...that does not make it an album worthy of derision

if we, as macca fans, can't understand that this sort of music, just like the songs on 'choba' and 'rdr', is as much a foundation of his writing and performing style as anything else, then we really don't really know mccartney...

any true mccartney fans can see the roots of many of his great classics, both as a beatle, and as a solo artist, in the songbook of the earlier years...

Ah yes, the tired old "If you don't like everything he does, you're not a fan of McCartney" routine. You really should find some new schtick, Atom. :wink:

But in any case, more power to those who like this album. Don't let my differing opinions threaten your enjoyment of it. I simply found it to be a bit to schmaltzy and dull for my tastes (and yes, then there is the dreadful album title - http://www.sodahead.com/entertainment/p ... n-2388091/). But please at least attempt to understand that one does not have to fully embrace everything McCartney puts out to understand and appreciate him. We are all intelligent enough to acknowledge McCartney's songwriting roots and influences. Yet that doesn't mean we can't still be objective.
Awesoman

Postby mr h atom » Sat Aug 25, 2012 3:05 am

:roll:

roll around a little, awes...it'll be alright
mr h atom

Postby mhnso » Tue Aug 28, 2012 11:42 am

Personally I think everything Macca ever has put his hands on is great. For instance Give my regards to Broad street is perhaps the best movie ever ,Mary had a little lamb might be the best pop single and Ebony and Ivory the best duet record ever made. And don t forget the wonderful Cook of the house or the even better "frog song" Just a few examples of the pure genius that enlightens everything Macca. Besides the already mentioned masterpieces his more average output still is pretty good now Im talking about stuff like Ram, Abbey road or Band on the run
mhnso
Silver member
Silver member

Postby mr h atom » Wed Aug 29, 2012 6:36 pm

:-D ...AND PEOPLE SAY I'M A McCARTNEY APOLOGIST ! :wink:

no doubt about it, MH : i, too, am kinda partial to his abracadabra !!

while there are many albums/songs that might not be the absolute cream of the crop...there are none that i dislike so that i would, say, throw it out a window, burn it or never play again...

even the weak albums have some really great songs...even the weak songs have a certain something about them...

i cannot think of a time when the prospect of new paul mccartney music wouldn't make me happy as can be

can't understand these nattering nabobs of negativism that do...must be a rough life always looking on the dark side of life
mr h atom

Postby Girl4Beats » Thu Aug 30, 2012 6:38 pm

H,

Not dark just a little gray around the edges. I never said I didn't look forward to his music. I also have bought everything. Well except the classical stuff. But I am all for him and his music. To repeat myself, I am a product of the 1960s and I LIKES ME SOME ROCK AND ROLL. That is not too much to ask, is it?

I am sure whatever comes out, I will buy. Not saying I will like it but I will buy it. Okay nuff said.
Girl4Beats
Bronze member
Bronze member

Postby jmonti476 » Sun Sep 02, 2012 11:15 pm

It would be Great if he put out a doulbe cd/album concept ( side 2 of abby road, MAF)
jmonti476

Postby mr h atom » Mon Sep 03, 2012 9:29 pm

that would suit me just fine...i love the more experimental, risk taking paulie mac

and for all we know, ronson might be ripe for a leap forward in maturity...could be a match made in musical heaven

at least...that is what i'm hoping for
mr h atom

Postby mhnso » Thu Sep 06, 2012 8:32 am

Just listened to Dylans new album Tempest - a true masterpiece that I hope will challenge Macca to make one himself. One of the highlights on Tempest is Roll on John Dylans tribute and elegy over his dead buddy John Lennon. Read the lyrics below and judge for yourself
. ROLL ON, JOHN

Doctor, doctor tell me the time of day
Another bottle's empty, another penny spent
He turned around and he slowly walked away
They shot him in the back and down he went

Shine your light
Movin' on
You burned so bright
Roll on, John

From the Liverpool docks to the red-light Hamburg streets
Down in the quarry with the quarrymen
Playing to the big crowds, playing to the cheap seats