stephen king's dark tower...a movie?

Paperback Writer

Moderator: Mike

Re: stephen king's dark tower...a movie?

Postby Girl4Beats » Mon Mar 19, 2012 6:08 pm

Mr. H,

Don't know whether your advanced is in the realm of my advanced age but I sorta punch now and ask questions later. Besides, this person was a total jerk and if it wasn't for the fact that I could talk circles around him, Paul wise, I would not do a thing. Besides, I was at work and already had a reputation for being abrupt and sarcastic to my so-called betters. Let's face it, they didn't like me being up front and telling them they were wrong. No Foreign Service officer likes to be told they are wrong. And by a lowly secretary at that.

I will shut up now.
Girl4Beats
Bronze member
Bronze member

Postby chris » Mon Mar 19, 2012 6:55 pm

don't shut up, G4B.

you're a fiesty one. i lik 'em fiesty. :wink:
I want to tell her that I love her a lot, but I got to get a belly full of wine.
chris
Supporter
Supporter

Postby Girl4Beats » Tue Mar 20, 2012 6:45 pm

Thanks Chris,

I have had supervisors tell me that the Directors are afraid of me. I have had "doesn't suffer fools gladly" in my efficiency reports. I have been told I am brisque (hope that is spelled correctly). Yep. I am all those things and more. Only thing, I don't do well with face-to-face confrontations. But give me a piece of paper and a writing instrument or a computer and I will take you up one wall, across the ceiling and down the other side. I guess that's why I never got very many promotions. HAHAHA!!

What were we talking about? Oh yes. Stephen King. YAY!
Girl4Beats
Bronze member
Bronze member

Postby chris » Tue Mar 20, 2012 7:00 pm

sounds to me like...NO paper for you!!!
I want to tell her that I love her a lot, but I got to get a belly full of wine.
chris
Supporter
Supporter

Postby mr h atom » Tue Mar 20, 2012 10:39 pm

sometimes...i like a good lobster brisque....

and i ditto chris...quit with 'i'm shutting up now' crap....

speaking of sai king...mayhap you should give him a try...considering your reading proclivities: try his newest, and one of his all-time best, imho, '11/22/63'...or, 'the green mile', 'the dead zone', 'delores claiborne', 'the eyes of the dragon' (if mature fairy tale type fables (think along the lines of the great movie 'the princess bride'...without the emphasis on humor)might be in your perspective, too) or 'different seasons' (okay...maybe not the last (4th) story of the collection ...unless you're feeling a wee bit brave...just a wee bit, tho)

all of these are a bit more mainstream, a lot less 'horror'...these are books wherein king visits a sort of thriller/drama he excells at

keep bein' feisty, o' spirited one...i ain'ta scerred, ennywayz: you don't know where i live 8-}
lift up your head...and remember what your life is !
mr h atom
Gold member :)

Postby chris » Wed Mar 21, 2012 9:29 pm

yeah, we're getting off track here...but G4B...watch the shawshank redemption (if you don't get around to reading it, that is). that...is a perfect example of stephen - not only horror - king.
chris
Supporter
Supporter

Postby mr h atom » Wed Mar 21, 2012 9:35 pm

shawshank-smawshank... 'stand by me' ...THAT'S the perfect non-scary steve flick...i'm jus' sayin', brutha !

:? okay...baseball analogy 101: double header...it ain't just a scary monsta
mr h atom

Postby mr h atom » Wed Aug 22, 2012 1:48 am

so...then..at the beginning of summer (or somewhere within) bardem is out and russell crowe might've/was in...

but, just as quickly, the multi-level project is turned down for funding again...with shady, inside sources claiming it was akiva 's script wot done 'er in !

no word on if it was the expense of such..or the fact (as i believe is more likely) that he cain't write!

i'm a firm believer that this thing can easily be done on the cheap...kings massive narrative does not demand state of the art anything to be told well and good...

ron howard and akiva goldsmith are the wrong ones to pilot this dark tale

either way...right now, this road to the tower lies dormant, dark and cold...
mr h atom

Previous

Return to Books, magazines, etc.