You're the ultimate talk show host, can ask Macca anything

Discussions of various topics about Paul not covered in the forums below.

Moderator: Mike

Postby Berkeleyan » Fri Jun 24, 2005 6:24 am

Cologne girl wrote:

Back to topic, I think two questions I might like to ask him are:

When will we have this "hardcore fans only, Beatles nostalgics keep out" concert at a small and cosy venue?

Were you and John really planning to do some work together before he got assassinated?

Hi Cologne Girl ! Regarding your 2nd question, I'd like to mention that May Pang (you know, she's w/ John during his "lost weekend" or something) wrote that John wanted to send Paul a postcard hinting at a future collaboration when Paul was in Nashville (early '75). He wrote it but never sent it (she did not tell the reason why). Anyway, after John's passing May said she gave it to Paul, who proudly showed it to a lot of people, beaming w/ joy.
The Love You Take is Equal to the Love You Make
Berkeleyan
Gold member :)

Re: You're the ultimate talk show host, can ask Macca anythi

Postby lobbybobby » Sun Aug 05, 2012 7:01 pm

When is the new album coming out?
a good friend of mine...follows the stars...
lobbybobby
Supporter
Supporter

Postby efghijiloveyou » Sun Aug 05, 2012 11:13 pm

Have you ever been on MACCA-Central? :-h
efghijiloveyou
Bronze member
Bronze member

Postby mr h atom » Mon Aug 06, 2012 12:19 am

well old chap, it's been a long time since anyone asked this, so...

how are you feeling these days ?
...and what's the status on the 'voice' ? some fans seem to be a bit worried this year.

you seem to have gone in an interesting direction with picking m. ronson for helping out with the new album...who or what led you to that/him and what do you hope he'll bring out of you as an artist ? do you envision he'll help guide you to musical areas that you haven't visited as much lately ? (i.e.: a more pop/rock sound)

in the past, during some interviews, you've been a bit unkind to some/much of your own solo work...ram comes to mind, as there is that famous story you like to tell about meeting a fan on the ski slopes...and, of course, recently it got a wonderful remaster, to glowing reviews for the music and it's creativity.
for that matter, each of the remasters have shown your work to be viewed in quite a different light than originally thought.
and of course, throughout the mccartney fandom..and there is such a thing, btw...there is a great deal of discussion on the merits of all the solo work/albums...with much of it your catalogue being considerd, by fans, to be very good...if not, in some cases, great.
with that in mind, do you still feel that some of your work is inferior ? i, for one, am an ardent fan of mccartney 2 and press to play...both albums that have been maligned, by the music press, the fans...even you.
do you...considering it, too, was very well recieved when remastered...feel that it is an inferior work of art ?

this question comes from my heart as a huge fan of the solo artist who is paul mccartney, it is about your legacy as a touring artist and applies to your standing as a gifted songwriter as well: your concerts have been a mix of hits from all the phases of your career with a heavy nod to the 'classics' and the songs of the beatles, some mccartney fans feel this has given short shrift to a great many songs that have never been played live.
has it ever occured to you to say to the band "we're getting near the end: let's mix it up quite a bit more !"
we know you've switched in a song here and there...but is there a chance that, given the passing of the years (we are, none of us, getting any younger, right ?) that, maybe, a feeling that 'the end of the end' may be a bit closer than it was back in '79 or '89...and as a nod to all the loyal mccartney fans, who love all your records and songs and as a nod to your own legacy...have you had any thoughts like 'sod it ! lets' play just what we want"?

have you ever sat back and thought: look at all the songs i've written...if i simply refused to take into consideration what any fan might expect...what would be the perfect setlist that would, creatively speaking,.say "this is me" ?

thanks for your time, ram on !
lift up your head...and remember what your life is !
mr h atom

Postby bravefan » Mon Aug 06, 2012 8:11 am

One thing I've always wanted to know...when you and Elton John were both in your prime, why did you never record together?
bravefan
Bronze member
Bronze member

Postby Girl4Beats » Mon Aug 06, 2012 3:19 pm

I would like to ask:

Why did you feel you needed to include Yoko when The Beatles catalog was up for sale?
Why have you never written an autobiography? Younger artists than you have.
Why does your daughter Heather never attend these functions I see your other children attend?
If you could go back and do it over again, would you change anything you did or said? Would you do it all over again?
What do you do with all the jackets you wear in concert? Do you keep them, donate them, or what?

There are probably a ga-zillion more questions I would like to ask but I will keep it at these.
Girl4Beats
Bronze member
Bronze member

Postby efghijiloveyou » Sat Aug 11, 2012 10:33 pm

What's on your ipod right now?
Do you ever listen to John's music for pleasure? George's? Ringo's?
Why not do some live shows with an orchestra and horn section?
Have you ever considered writing and/or recording with Julian Lennon? Sean?
Julian has publicly claimed that he never gets invited to any Beatles functions? Are you aware of this and if so why doesn't he?
Were the Beatles planning to diminish Brian Epstein's role in Beatles management in the months leading up to his death?
Many believe that you drifted into a malais in the years after John's murder...did you assume eventually that at least the two of you would work together again? Was that directionless period a direct result of John's death? Do you buy the premise that much of the eighties was a bit directionless and uninspired for you?
What's your favorite free time activity?
efghijiloveyou
Bronze member
Bronze member

Postby Girl4Beats » Sun Aug 12, 2012 11:02 am

H and efghi,

Good questions. Wish I had thought of them.
Girl4Beats
Bronze member
Bronze member

Postby chris » Sun Aug 12, 2012 4:18 pm

boxers or briefs? pesonally, i find briefs a bit...binding

your belly button...is it an inny or an outy?

do you...yeah, i suppose you would, wouldn't you?...do you whistle while you work?

do you still love the ganja?

when will...or will you ever...release all the unreleased music you have accumulated thru the years?
I want to tell her that I love her a lot, but I got to get a belly full of wine.
chris
Supporter
Supporter

PreviousNext

Return to MACCA - all discussions