Macca @ The Olympics 2012

Discussions of various topics about Paul not covered in the forums below.

Moderator: Mike

Re: Macca @ The Olympics 2012

Postby jgkojak » Sun Jul 29, 2012 5:24 pm

I'm 44 and I've lost a whole octave the last 3 years or so- and I don't smoke/drink/use other substances - not that I had a range like Paul before, but it's pretty disturbing to find there are some things I can't do anymore.
Everyone's talkin' 'bout the President
We all chip in for a bag of cement
jgkojak
Supporter
Supporter

Postby chris » Sun Jul 29, 2012 6:00 pm

jgkojak wrote:I'm 44 and... it's pretty disturbing to find there are some things I can't do anymore.

there are pills for that young man. i remember when i was this... :cheers big... :oops:
I want to tell her that I love her a lot, but I got to get a belly full of wine.
chris
Supporter
Supporter

Postby Girl4Beats » Sun Jul 29, 2012 6:40 pm

Yeah my friend and I were just musing about that. We both don't care for his classicial stuff nor KOTB and we were wondering what if he doesn't do anymore rock albums and all he does is in the vein of KOTB and the classicial stuff?

Now a lot of you out there liked KOTB but I didn't. What if OUR KID doesn't make rock albums anymore. The thought of it. I shudder just to think of it. That is why I am a little crazy when all these people start harping about his voice. I supposed some of you can do better when you are 70 years old. I just don't like it.

People have their opinons but I take great offense at some of the comments.
Girl4Beats
Bronze member
Bronze member

Postby jgkojak » Sun Jul 29, 2012 6:59 pm

First, everything else works find thankyouverymuch.
\:d/

As far as Paul, I have always thought that a Memory Almost Full style rock album - which he is obviously attempting with Ronson, is going to be hard for him to pull off--

I almost think he should do more cabaret/solo guitar/piano with accoustic backing, roll out some new songs and perform new variations on some classic solo stuff. I'd be happy to hear this from him.
Everyone's talkin' 'bout the President
We all chip in for a bag of cement
jgkojak
Supporter
Supporter

Postby lobbybobby » Sun Jul 29, 2012 8:06 pm

Everyone all together take a deep breath. It's gonna be o.k. So Macca is 70. Time ravages everyone. That is why God invented recording. Macca has such a back catalog of music, I can easily live the rest of my days without another. When I want to listen to him live, i breakout WOA. His absolute peak of live performing. I gave KOTB a spin, didn't like it. No big deal, I have dozens of other Macca albums I can't live without.

What I'm trying to say is don't worry about things you can't control, just listen to what you already have and enjoy.
a good friend of mine...follows the stars...
lobbybobby
Supporter
Supporter

Postby mr h atom » Mon Jul 30, 2012 12:36 am

i'm thinking that there is absolutely no reason to believe that he will stop making albums in the vein of all the ones that have come before: for almost all of his career, most of his stuff, whether with the beatles or solo, is not blasting vocals/beltin' out style...most is, and has always been, slightly rockin' m.o.r.-ish...and there is nothing i've seen or heard that makes me think he's done with all that or that he cannot handle that

live concerts might need a bit of a tweaking if this current problem is permanent...but as so many have mentioned, if he would just do a bit less, and do it more intimate, like the 'chaos' special...i'm thinking that we can all enjoy his artistry for some time to come, i bet.

as the big LB just mentioned : there is this thing called a studio...in which he can take his time, have many takes, if need be...and sing whatever he feels like singing...

there is no reason to assume that the only thing he has left in him is classical or jazz...

there is no reason to assume that whatever album he might be currently thinking about/is working on would/might/is the last...

there are a whole heck of alot of artists his age (or near), who are not putting out this much work, if at all...he is one of the few who not only is making new music, but making really good music...what in the world is possessing some to think that this is going to stop ?

because his voice got a little glitchy of late ?? that's it ?! game over...we're screwed ?!?

really ???!!

he's very obviously taking his time with each project for quite some time now...there's been years-long gaps from POP pretty much on...to make sure it is exactly what he wants it to be...

that is the sign of an artist that cares about his integrity and legacy...not necessarily a sign of one who is done for good, ready to throw in the towel

there is way too much gloom 'n doom about what could really be nothing at all

:-?? ... sorry...end rant...
lift up your head...and remember what your life is !
mr h atom
Gold member :)
Gold member :)

Postby blmeanie » Mon Jul 30, 2012 8:00 am

well said
blmeanie

Postby efghijiloveyou » Mon Jul 30, 2012 8:45 pm

I totally agree, Mr. H. As for no longer being able to pull off a Memory Almost Full style album, I couldn't disagree more. Why not? MAF wasn't all that long ago and come on, in a recording studio (as Mr. H said) you can try and try again until you get it right. A live performance is a whole other kind of animal from studio recording; if our kid can't hit a certain note today then there's always tomorrow, you know? Also, let's say the voice does go completely- there's always instrumentals, which Macca's quite good at. :-BD
efghijiloveyou
Bronze member
Bronze member

Postby chris » Mon Jul 30, 2012 9:00 pm

couldn't have said it better, ef...i agree with every word. :salute
I want to tell her that I love her a lot, but I got to get a belly full of wine.
chris
Supporter
Supporter

Postby Girl4Beats » Tue Jul 31, 2012 11:08 am

Mea Culpa. I step aside to the voices of reason. I just get pissed off at people who take something and blow it way out of proportion. The man has been touring off and on for 2 years? He sang at all sorts of awards ceremonies? Give the man a break!! Could any of you out there who say he is through keep up the pace he has? I bet very few. I am 11 years younger than Paul and I can't stay awake past 10 p.m. So from an obsessed Macca Fan, all you nay sayers: BACK OFF!!

My apologies to H, efgh, and others who are the voice of reason.
Girl4Beats
Bronze member
Bronze member

PreviousNext

Return to MACCA - all discussions