His last big song

Discussions of various topics about Paul not covered in the forums below.

Moderator: Mike

Re: His last big song

Postby 2 of 3 » Thu Mar 31, 2011 4:33 pm

I don´t agree what about Band On The Run, Jet

Oh yeah, I agree...great songs...Paul's had many of them and is still putting them out. It's all subjective of course, but when I hear Maybe I'm Amazed....too me it just on another level. There are great songs, and there are..holy crap! songs. :ymapplause:

I mean, even if you Hate Paul McCartney you think Maybe I'm Amazed is a great tune.
The World is a tangled up necklace of Pearls
2 of 3
Supporter
Supporter

Postby Touchline » Fri Apr 01, 2011 9:49 am

Interesting :-D subject! He has written a lot of classic songs over the past 10-15 years. This Never Happened Before and Jenny Wren from Chaos are songs that could have been on every Beatles LP - really classic, extremely good. I think that Sing The Changes and Freedom song that works out very well live. I love "Someday" from Flaming Pie (could have been on Beatles White Album). But there are more songs, but these are the songs that first comes up in my mind.
Touchline

Postby ahawk66 » Fri Apr 01, 2011 12:03 pm

forgot about "Sing the Changes" as well. Great tune! I thought it was sweeping and powerful and would've been a hit if he'd released it when he was younger. I also agree with what people are saying about "Maybe I'm Amazed". A friend of mine always gives me a hard time about liking Macca so much, but he downloaded the live version of "MIA" and called it one of the best vocal performances he's ever heard. ...and yes, I think much of what he's been putting out the last 15 or so years is really good stuff, and, again, he'd have had a lot of hits with it if it was 1968 or 1976. It's all rap, new country, or boy/girl pop on the singles charts these days.
ahawk66

Postby Beatleken » Mon Apr 11, 2011 4:36 pm

House of Wax and Only Mama Knows are pretty awesome.

And Electric Arguments has a stackfull of stuff that ticks a lot of boxes, n'est-ce pas?
Beatleken

Postby efghijiloveyou » Tue Jul 24, 2012 8:21 pm

Now we can add My Valentine to the list.
efghijiloveyou
Bronze member
Bronze member

Postby Girl4Beats » Wed Jul 25, 2012 7:41 pm

You know, I can't pick his LAST BIG song because the radio really doesn't play his music anymore. The classic radio stations do but the so-called Top 40 stations (if they still exist) don't. The younger generation considers him a "dinosaur" and not capable of making music anymore. Although that has been proven wrong, there is still that number of younger listeners who consider him "passe". That is too bad really. McCartney has put out a whole slew of good songs even if I don't like a bunch of them.

So his last big song, damned if I know.
Girl4Beats
Bronze member
Bronze member

Postby edrebber » Fri Jul 27, 2012 11:00 pm

Mull Of Kintyre was a big world wide hit.

Oh Woman Oh Why should have been a big hit in my opinion. The song stands up to anything AC/DC has done and should get played on classic rock radio stations more often.
edrebber

Postby Girl4Beats » Sat Jul 28, 2012 10:18 am

edreb,

Mull of Kintyre. I LOVE that song and so did my dad (but for the bagpipes only). Still . . . it was not played on the radio too much either. At least not the radio stations I was listening to at the time.

As I said, I can't really pick his LAST big song. Who knows what his next album will be. His LAST big song might be from there.
Girl4Beats
Bronze member
Bronze member

Postby mr h atom » Sat Jul 28, 2012 11:46 am

AGREED !! ya gotta guess that at least one of the ideas that the macman has floating around that ever-present musical brain of his is one that has any new producer, at the very least, bringing some up-to-date, verifiable street cred along with some sincere, individualistic, artistic talent...
lift up your head...and remember what your life is !
mr h atom
Gold member :)
Gold member :)

Postby edrebber » Sat Jul 28, 2012 9:18 pm

I think as far as radio play goes, Wonderful Christmas Time, might be his biggest hit. I think I read somewhere he makes around $700,000 a year on royalties from that song. I enjoy listening to it during the holiday season.
edrebber

PreviousNext

Return to MACCA - all discussions