Mark Ronson to produce next album

Discussions of various topics about Paul not covered in the forums below.

Moderator: Mike

Re: Mark Ronson to produce next album

Postby Girl4Beats » Wed Jul 25, 2012 7:50 pm

Bravefan,

I am skeptical but I will wait. Frankly, I have no choice BUT to wait. HAHAHA!!
Girl4Beats
Bronze member
Bronze member

Postby EddieV » Thu Jul 26, 2012 2:17 am

I heard in an interview he made with BBC, that he has more than 20 sangs. How does he do it?? Like other people ***censored***??
Now junior behave yourself
EddieV
Supporter
Supporter

Postby mr h atom » Thu Jul 26, 2012 8:54 pm

20 ?!? :shock:

time for the first officially released solo double album !!
lift up your head...and remember what your life is !
mr h atom
Gold member :)

Postby ahawk66 » Fri Jul 27, 2012 1:48 pm

I agree that I'll give him the benefit of the doubt. I understand the trepidation because I'm not looking for One Direction-type pop here, I'm hoping for something more timeless in its approach. That said, he did make Amy Winehouse's album sound modern AND retro. It had a nice sound to it.

So, I guess I'd say I'm not looking at it negatively, I'm just crossing my fingers that it'll be another winner. Regardless, I'll still buy it sight unseen and I'm happy for any new material. I think I've just been more attracted to how some of the older guys have progressed in the last 10 years, Macca included (so far), with Dylan finding his groove again on the last few albums, and the Johnny Cash stuff (I know I keep going back to Rick Rubin; I think that would be an interesting pairing, although I just read that he and Crosby, Stills, & Nash butted heads and didn't finish their work). So, yes, timeless sound is what I hope for over the sound of the minute.
ahawk66

Postby mr h atom » Sat Jul 28, 2012 12:05 pm

yeah..but...macca butted heads, famously, with at least one producer...and turned in one his best efforts ever, right ?

two egos against each other...sparks might fly...but somewhere in the mix there's a chance, if they both believe they can do it. to persevere

C,S,N...? no offense...but you got 3 famously, towering egos, each, as always, out for their own bit of turf...and, then add rubins...all trying to re-ignite something...i don't think i need a candle in the dark to figure out how that went

i do think that, somehow, the idea of this (or...lets face it: almost any) producer is stirring up a bit more controversy than it really ever should: macca will be who macca is...and no 'producer' is gonna ever get him to change that much...

besides..the main point should be...................WE HAVE A NEW ALBUM COMIN' FER SHO !!!!!!!!!
mr h atom

Postby bravefan » Sat Jul 28, 2012 1:20 pm

We can't control who produces and I'm fine with him trying something new. One stays young that way. Let's wait until it comes out to comment on the producing. Right Mr H?
bravefan
Bronze member
Bronze member

Postby mr h atom » Sat Jul 28, 2012 4:38 pm

:-D of corsical, BF :salute
mr h atom

Postby efghijiloveyou » Sat Jul 28, 2012 10:03 pm

My initial hand-wringing is nothing compared to my exitement, of course. Getting a new album by Macca is a real treat and if the truth be known, I don't actually care who produces, cause I have eternal confidence in our kid (despite the questionable Press to Play- now Mr. H, don't get all ruffled...) to continue this amazing late-career roll he's been on. \M/
efghijiloveyou
Bronze member
Bronze member

Postby flextint » Sat Jul 28, 2012 10:58 pm

lets face it whomever produces it is not important.It will be a Paul Mccartney album and we will all either love it or like it on this site.I haven't even got the album and i am already happy with it because its going to be a new Mccartney rock album!! :-D
flextint
Supporter
Supporter

Postby jgkojak » Sun Jul 29, 2012 12:50 am

His only misstep was Press To Play - and really, reading about accounts, Hugh Padgham was really frustrated because he claims Paul came in in the late morning, went upstairs to "have a smoke" and then all he had to talk about was the latest program on the telly. Sounds like Paul was in a bit of a rut -- a place he is certainly NOT right now.
Everyone's talkin' 'bout the President
We all chip in for a bag of cement
jgkojak
Supporter
Supporter

PreviousNext

Return to MACCA - all discussions