Hey Jude at The Olympics

Discussions of various topics about Paul not covered in the forums below.

Moderator: Mike

Re: Hey Jude at The Olympics

Postby efghijiloveyou » Sat Jul 07, 2012 7:47 pm

Does Yoda count? Can he still have Yoda?
efghijiloveyou
Bronze member
Bronze member

Postby flextint » Sun Jul 08, 2012 11:52 pm

Sorry..no yoda!He is not a muppet !He is a jedi master.Its a different union.
flextint
Supporter
Supporter

Postby mr h atom » Mon Jul 09, 2012 11:39 am

hey...hey..hey, flexie...yoda was a muppet before he was a cgi-ite !

now...if they got yoda vers. 1...and they put a great big string on him...and throughout the songs, they yanked that string, making him fly (uncontrollably) through the air --- mocking his newfound cgi-ness...

well, we've got a whole new era of muppet comedy right there as the little green guy goes flying about !!

take that, george lucas: we'll show ya how muppets can fly !!!
lift up your head...and remember what your life is !
mr h atom
Gold member :)

Postby tristanjblythe » Mon Jul 09, 2012 3:07 pm

Hmm, I still don't the great Yoda as a Muppet. HE was a puppet voiced by Frank Oz, but is that enough to qualify? Sorry, without Jim Henson it has to be a no from me.

Anyway, plenty of Beatle-related Muppetry available. Sadly none of them appeared on the show (although I'm sure they all would have fitted in as great guest stars). He's my personal favourite (geniunely the best cover of this classic track in my opinion): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nr7v5lLQhHQ

Of course, his full name is Floyd Pepper (can see the jacket and more details here: http://muppet.wikia.com/wiki/Floyd_Pepper)

:cheers
tristanjblythe

Postby mr h atom » Mon Jul 09, 2012 4:50 pm

i get what you're saying, tris...however...the last muppet movie, made (obviously) w/o jim, was very much a real muppet experience

with jim long gone, either someone needs to try and take up the sword and carry the banner of muppetdom...or it dies a lonely death: imho, the last film was a great addition and a wonderful step forward.

yoda was played by frank oz..as close, especially at that time, to having muppetgod-like powers as one can get w/o being jim: can't remember my TESB lore, but i'm sure the henson honor was well at work with those artists at a time when the muppets ruled the world...

so while yoda may not be a true muppet...he will always be a brother-in-fluffiness

floyd is great...he should lead the band always, with animal on the toms...nothing less would suffice: would love to see the muppet band deign to allow paul have a try-out...only to tell him he's not good enough !
mr h atom

Postby flextint » Mon Jul 09, 2012 11:08 pm

I heard ANIMAL was influenced by RINGO when he was younger.So ya see there is always a beatles link somewhere. :-D
flextint
Supporter
Supporter

Postby mr h atom » Tue Jul 10, 2012 12:30 am

funny....i always figured Animal to be a long lost clone of keith moon and john bonham :wink:
mr h atom

Postby tristanjblythe » Wed Jul 11, 2012 3:23 am

Mr H: I agree with you. The new Muppets film was fantastic and made us all remember how wonderful Kermit and Co are. What I meant about Yoda was he wasn't created by Henson and/or Oz, just voiced by Oz so for me that's not a Muppet (nor is he furry enough!). However, I agree he is a brother in many ways.

It is a shame Frank Oz wasn't involved with the new film, but it was still a work of brilliance for which we should all be grateful. A Muppet Christmas Carol (also post-Henson) is equally superb and showed their was life in them still, but the new movie was a breath of fresh air to bring them back after a (far too long) absence.

Cannot wait for the already commissioned sequel. Perhaps (in a vain attempt to get back on topic!) Paul and/or Ringo can make a cameo.
tristanjblythe

Previous

Return to MACCA - all discussions