Poss. New Single-She's Leaving Home/Let Em In-Live

Discussions of various topics about Paul not covered in the forums below.

Moderator: Mike

Poss. New Single-She's Leaving Home/Let Em In-Live

Postby Steve-o » Sat Oct 12, 2002 12:29 am

This may be nuts, but I have what I think would be a very smart move for Macca. Geoff...are you listening, man? LOL....

Since "She's Leaving Home" is not going to be on the new Live CD, why not release this awesome live version as a single, backed by the new great version of Let Em In? It would give us a chance to have it on disc, and I think it would be hugely popular. It was awe-inspiring live. Just a thought..........I can't get it out of my head-nor do I want to....and I'm afraid that I'll forget in a few weeks...
Steve-o
Supporter
Supporter

Postby Liam OSM » Sat Oct 12, 2002 9:07 am

quote:Originally posted by stevew628
And...it has happened before, kinda. Maybe Im Amazed was released from WOA in 1976 as a live single and did awesome. I realize that it was actually on the Album (Unlike SLH), but I really think this would be so popular, and well appreciated by all. Another Live single, Coming Up, was very popular as well.

I'm on a campaign here....help me out folks!! [:D]

A live version of CU was released as a single?

I know "All My Trials" had the same thing happen in 1990, with TTLF . . .
Liam OSM
Gold member :)

Postby Liam OSM » Sat Oct 12, 2002 9:19 am

Yes, Liam. The single for Coming Up in 1980 was the Glascow performance. The video was from Macca II. The single has the live version as the "A" side.

So that's why it did so well! 'cos the studio version SUCKS!
Liam OSM

Postby Liam OSM » Sat Oct 12, 2002 9:23 am

The live version is also the one that appeared on WINGSPAN.

Which "Wingspan" are we talking about here? It can't be the album . . .
Liam OSM

Postby Liam OSM » Sat Oct 12, 2002 9:27 am

Yes, Liam...the compilation album "wingspan" has the live version on the "hits" disc.

You sure? It sure as hell wasn't over here . . . we got the pathetic studio attempt of the song on our Wingspan! No fair! [:(][:(][:(][:(]
Liam OSM

Postby Liam OSM » Sat Oct 12, 2002 9:34 am

Quite sure..listening to it now.

I am very much peed off at that! It's all studio versions on the UK release. No fair . . . [:(][:0][V][:(!]
Liam OSM

Postby Ram1 » Sat Oct 12, 2002 10:01 am

quote:This may be nuts, but I have what I think would be a very smart move for Macca. Geoff...are you listening, man? LOL....

Since "She's Leaving Home" is not going to be on the new Live CD, why not release this awesome live version as a single, backed by the new great version of Let Em In? It would give us a chance to have it on disc, and I think it would be hugely popular. It was awe-inspiring live. Just a thought..........I can't get it out of my head-not do I want to....and I'm afraid that I'll forget in a few weeks...

That is one AWESOME idea, man!
Ram1

Postby Liam OSM » Sat Oct 12, 2002 10:04 am

quote:Originally posted by Ram1
That is one AWESOME idea, man!

Hey, Rammie! Somehow I hadn't realised until now that this was the first time you've said anything on this subject! Ha!
Liam OSM

Postby Liam OSM » Sat Oct 12, 2002 10:11 am

And, ShirLiam, even with you many posts on this thread, YOU have yet to say anything on the actual subject. Which is SHES LEAVING HOME as a single. Ram1 got right to the topic and gave an opinion. WTG, Ramster....

Well, I'm not the one to ask, really, about singles, because I have only ever bought one single in my entire life.
Liam OSM

Postby Brains » Sat Oct 12, 2002 11:23 am

In Europe, CU's studio version was released and became a hit, in America however the live b-side was played much more and soon became a-side. That's why on the European Wingspan the studio version is included, while the US-Wingspan has the (much better) live version.

I'd love to hear SLH live. Haven't yet, so I can't give an opinion on releasing it as a single. Does anyone know if live recordings of the new leg are circulating on the internet already?
Brains
Bronze member
Bronze member

Next

Return to MACCA - all discussions