Excellent interviews with the Denny's - Laine & Seiwell

Discussions of various topics about Paul not covered in the forums below.

Moderator: Mike

Excellent interviews with the Denny's - Laine & Seiwell

Postby savillerowdie » Sat Jun 16, 2012 7:48 pm

Found these on WogBlog! Let's Talk About Wings! Lengthy interviews about Wings with Denny Laine & Denny Seiwell.

http://wogew.blogspot.com/2012/06/lets-talk-about-wings.html

I'd love to see a similar interview with Henry.
savillerowdie
Bronze member
Bronze member

Re: Excellent interviews with the Denny's - Laine & Seiwell

Postby gjh » Sat Jun 16, 2012 10:18 pm

hey much appreciated!...thank you (:
gjh

Postby chris » Sun Jun 17, 2012 11:48 am

okay...first...very nice interviews. always interesting to get a first hand perspective.

second... a veerry strong argument can be made for not dying your hair as you get older. age gracefully. you aren't fooling anyone.

and third...that made me feel a little nostalgic...i'd love to see some sort of wings reunion all of a sudden. denny (laine) was important enough for paul to keep him is use for about a decade. he must have brought something to the table.

and drummer denny...i saw him at a local beatlefest years back. very nice, genuine guy. and very humble. he didn't think paul should have been playing with the likes of him. he thought paul's band should have included eric clapton and phil collins instead. this day and age it is rare to hear such humility from...anyone.
I want to tell her that I love her a lot, but I got to get a belly full of wine.
chris
Supporter
Supporter

Postby mr h atom » Sun Jun 17, 2012 10:02 pm

haven't got to the denny s. yet...but the laine one was fantastic !

you're right, chris: both about the hair and yearning for seeing paul and denny together...laine seemed awfully deferential about just about everything...seemed to blow off all the ideas or scorn that paul was too demading or overly egotistical

absolutely loved everything he had to say about Wild Life : take a hike, haters...that album is a gem !

he loves to name drop, too

can't wait to find the time to watch the other...thanks, oh rowdie one, for bringing us this fascinating find
lift up your head...and remember what your life is !
mr h atom
Gold member :)

Postby gjh » Sun Jun 17, 2012 10:18 pm

chris wrote:okay...first...very nice interviews. always interesting to get a first hand perspective.

second... a veerry strong argument can be made for not dying your hair as you get older. age gracefully. you aren't fooling anyone.

and third...that made me feel a little nostalgic...i'd love to see some sort of wings reunion all of a sudden. denny (laine) was important enough for paul to keep him is use for about a decade. he must have brought something to the table.

and drummer denny...i saw him at a local beatlefest years back. very nice, genuine guy. and very humble. he didn't think paul should have been playing with the likes of him. he thought paul's band should have included eric clapton and phil collins instead. this day and age it is rare to hear such humility from...anyone.

i haven't been able to watch either yet
currently working remote and internet is sssslllloooowww ):
but yeah the hair bit :lol: why can't these guys (and gals)age gracefully like you said and just be themselves
its really our society i would think..quite superficial and putting pressure on these artists
personally i could care less what they look like..its all about there art and what there producing that matters!!
gjh

Postby efghijiloveyou » Mon Jun 18, 2012 11:39 pm

I'm certain our kid colors his hair, judging by his bro Mike.
efghijiloveyou
Bronze member
Bronze member

Postby james1985 » Tue Jun 19, 2012 6:03 pm

This is brilliant, thanks.

Shook both their hands at the Fest in 2010! Told Denny S I loved Wild Life :-D
May sweet memories of friends from the past
Always comes to you, when you look for them
james1985
Supporter
Supporter

Postby klausab » Wed Jul 18, 2012 4:32 am

efghijiloveyou wrote:I'm certain our kid colors his hair, judging by his bro Mike.

But sure he does and admittatly so. On "The McCartney Years" you can see him singing "Press" in the London tube, with greying hair. And he is commenting on this fact, when you turn on the commentary on your DVD playern.
klausab

Postby Girl4Beats » Thu Jul 19, 2012 7:38 pm

Being female and Paul being my fave since 1964 when I was 11 years old, I personally LOVED his salt and pepper hair and I can't stand him coloring it now. I think it looks terrible! I know a few other females who agree with me. It all started, I believe, with She Who Must Not Be Named, the "B"!

Yes grow old gracefully. I don't know how graceful I am but I am letting my hair go white. It is not gray, it is white.

Paul - Stop Coloring Your Hair!! Let it get a little longer like you had in 1989 and let the color go natural.
Girl4Beats
Bronze member
Bronze member

Postby mr h atom » Thu Jul 19, 2012 9:50 pm

:? hmmm-mmm-mmm...lessee... :-?? ..11 years old in...hmmm...1964...!?!?!!!!

GOOD GOLLY !!

^:)^ i'm gonna be nicer to you, g4, 'cause momma allus tole me to be 'spectful ta ma elders :wink:
lift up your head...and remember what your life is !
mr h atom

Return to MACCA - all discussions