Macca cancels two shows in Denmark

Discussions of all gigs and tours over the years.

Moderator: Mike

Re: Macca cancels two shows in Denmark

Postby Ramsky » Fri Jun 15, 2012 2:45 am

Wow! People here are really misinterpreting my words. Just to be clear; I NEVER said that Macca himself is unprofessional. What I said was, that in MY opinion it’s pretty arrogant and unprofessionally behaviour to back out of two concerts just weeks before, they are supposed to happen – and that doesn’t seem like our guy, since he normally is VERY professional in his behaviour towards his fans and in his shows in generally.

As much as I do agree that he really needs to consider whether he should keep touring or not, since he clearly is doing some damage to his voice, resting was NOT giving as a reason for postponing the shows in Denmark. Medical reason – such as resting – would have been easier to accept as a reason to postpone, but preparations for a new tour seems like a weird reason to me ... I mean, why couldn’t they do the shows and start preparing for the new tour afterwards..?

Anyway, I really hope that new dates do in fact get announced shortly and will be looking forward to the new show!
Ramsky

Postby EddieV » Fri Jun 15, 2012 10:43 am

2 weeks to the shows and he cancels!!

He would never have cancel playing for the Queen. That priority sucks!
Now junior behave yourself
EddieV
Supporter
Supporter

Postby flextint » Fri Jun 15, 2012 11:04 pm

He was criticized quite a bit for his performance at the queens show.Maybe he should have backed out of that one.
flextint
Supporter
Supporter

Postby mr h atom » Sat Jun 16, 2012 2:42 am

right after anyone accepts that excuse from ramsky...i've got some ocean front land out here in Oz i'll sell them real cheep !

what the heck, ramsky...are you a politician ?!?!?!

get over yer bad self...you did say it...and mincing the words or trying to find some bassackwords excuse shows a lack of integrity

and eddie...love ya man...but it seems to me you might be a little over the top: his 'performance' with the queen might actually mean a bit more to an older , very english gent; i think the guy who wrote 'english tea' and sang it in that manner, might very well go the extra length for his queens jubilee...

it was also one heck of alot shorter than his usual and it was not nearly up to his usual snuff...

and, it's not like he ditched the night before...not like he's even done this sort of thing often: considering the sound of his voice of late, its very possible all the decisions are last minute and, as such, not at all planned on.

as for the reasons/excuses given: who the frick cares...we all know the shape of his voice of late...those of us that have actually paid attention...and it could very well be they don't have a medical answer right now...they just know they need to stop for a bit: quit yer cryin and give the man a break !

you are all, i hope, a better fans than all this mewling and prattling
lift up your head...and remember what your life is !
mr h atom
Gold member :)

Postby EddieV » Sat Jun 16, 2012 3:49 am

mr h atom you are right, but I´m angry!!
EddieV
Supporter
Supporter

Postby blmeanie » Sat Jun 16, 2012 8:05 am

the opening ceremony for the Olympics is July 27th, I bet he wants his best for that and is going to rest until then. Unfortunate for Denmark, I hope he reschedules for them.
blmeanie

Postby mr h atom » Sat Jun 16, 2012 10:31 am

i understand the anger...i fell that way every time i see a 'new' setlist :wink: but no need to get all teenagery, right...think positively !!

hopefully, if this is something to do with the voice...it'll mean a better show when he does get there :ymapplause:

and if he is just reconfiguring...hopefully you guys will be right at the top...

and he better be for getting his sorry whatsitz down under since he skipped them all those years ago...that's just not quite right..in fact, that may border on unprofessional, dontchaknow

he's been over here...how many times since then...world tours only become worlds tours if you actually hit all the big spots...and our friends down under are definately 'world tour' worthy
mr h atom

Postby EddieV » Sat Jun 16, 2012 11:23 am

He will play the shows later and he has apologized!!

I hope there will be major changes in his setlists. Maybe do something the Stones did, with a bridge out in the middle of the arena and play some songs there!
EddieV
Supporter
Supporter

Postby chris » Sat Jun 16, 2012 11:42 am

never said he acted unprofessionally...but his behavior was unprofessional???!!??

thanks for clarifying that...

i get it. you feel slighted...you are disappointed...but he's an artist. if he can't deliver...for whatever reason...he should delay until he can. it does happen. it sucks when it does. but i'd argue it is professional to reschedule if you can't bring it 70% or 50% (or whatever he expects from himself...)

be cool guys. it'll happen
I want to tell her that I love her a lot, but I got to get a belly full of wine.
chris
Supporter
Supporter

Postby mr h atom » Sat Jun 16, 2012 4:44 pm

true, that, big C...especially 'when you're 64'...or...er...older... :oops:

whew ! that was a stretch
mr h atom

PreviousNext

Return to MACCA-Concerts & Tours