Macca cancels two shows in Denmark

Discussions of all gigs and tours over the years.

Moderator: Mike

Macca cancels two shows in Denmark

Postby EddieV » Thu Jun 14, 2012 12:30 pm

Not good enough Paul :pukel

Apparently he is working on a whole new tour!!

Glad I didn´t buy tickets, but I´m pissed! Only 2 weeks away. Okay if he was sick.

60.000 have bought tickets, What a mess he is in!!!!

What about people coming from a long distance??
Now junior behave yourself
EddieV
Supporter
Supporter

Re: Macca cancels two shows in Denmark

Postby blmeanie » Thu Jun 14, 2012 1:58 pm

as much as has been speculated about his failing voice, perhaps it is to rest his voice
blmeanie

Postby Ramsky » Thu Jun 14, 2012 3:48 pm

Yeah, I'm not buying it either! Apparently he canceled (or postponed, which, to be fair, is what we are told) the shows as he is working on a new world tour and it should make more sense for his staff to re-schedule the shows to be part of that tour. Giving that the only thing that usually changes from tour to tour is the name of the tour and not the concept, the setlist or anything else that doesn’t really makes sense to me. But maybe there is something, we don’t know … I’m pretty curious about what happens next.
Anyway, I am incredibly disappointed that Macca won’t be doing these shows, and it doesn’t look like him to disappoint his fans and to back out only a couple of weeks before the shows were supposed to take place. In my opinion it’s pretty arrogant and unprofessionally behavior, and that is not the kind of behavior that normally characterizes McCartney.
Ramsky

Postby Captainamerica » Thu Jun 14, 2012 5:29 pm

From what I have read so far, no reason was given by his people as to why he is canceling the shows. Maybe he has a good reason, such as a medical problem but does not want to disclose it right now. Seventy years old maybe catching up with him. He seems to bounce around the world a lot. Slowing down a little bit might not be a "bad" thing.
Captainamerica

Postby oobujoobu1971 » Thu Jun 14, 2012 5:33 pm

Without knowing the real reason why these shows have been cancelled then I don't think Paul can be called unprofessional. If the reason is that he genuinely needs to rest his voice (as we know it's not right at the moment), then the unprofessional thing would be to go ahead with the concerts, grab the money and run.
Twitter - Tweets from The Beatles 50 years ago today - https://twitter.com/#!/BeatlesAt50
Last.fm - http://www.last.fm/user/OobuJoobu1971
oobujoobu1971

Postby mr h atom » Thu Jun 14, 2012 5:34 pm

wow !
i guess, you haven't noticed the extreme amount of fan-talk recently, especially around here, about the shape/quality his voice has been in...mayhap you missed all that ?

nothing in the slightest unprofessional about taking a step back when needed...especially if the sadness of such news is immediately followed by the good news that he is just rescheduling...which apparently, it was...

lets' see...40 years of rockin' out for all of us, and for the first time he has to take a moment and it's labeled unprofessional ??

hardly...probably someone got through to him about reality...alls we are saying is give macca a chance !
lift up your head...and remember what your life is !
mr h atom
Gold member :)

Postby chris » Thu Jun 14, 2012 8:25 pm

yeah, i think it sucks that so many have bought tickets to something that has been postponed...but lets not fling labels such as unprofessional unless we know the reasonn really is. this isn't axel rose here. he doesn't have a habit of showing up late or not showing up.

lets hope you guys get to see your show...eventually. but...just a wee bit more importantly...let's hope paul is okay to do more shows (or more recording) at a later date.

big picture, guys
I want to tell her that I love her a lot, but I got to get a belly full of wine.
chris
Supporter
Supporter

Postby flextint » Thu Jun 14, 2012 11:21 pm

I am a little bit worried.Has anyone ever heard of Paul Mccartney cancelling a show?I just hope its not a health issue thats all i will say.
flextint
Supporter
Supporter

Postby Jeremy K2 » Fri Jun 15, 2012 12:34 am

Yes - what about Australia around nine/ten years ago. Reason given the Bali bombings.
2012 and still waiting!!!

Fair enough I can handle concerts being cancelled but gee I hate it when they say it is just to be rescheduled for a later date - and that date never comes. I hate being lied too.

One of my other favourite artists cancelled and claimed would tour the following year - guess what - it never happened.

If Paul does indeed reschdule then fair enough but please don't let your fans think you will later tour if you know you won't.

Denmark fans I hope are treated better than Australian fans were. Sadly Paul's level of fame in Australia has steadily declined over the last decade due to lack of any connection with down under.

Still I'm prepared to forgive if I get one chance to see him perform.
Jeremy K2

Postby mr h atom » Fri Jun 15, 2012 12:53 am

sorry to hear that, k2...i'd agree, he very well does owe you lot down under a visit, preferably a good, several nights worth, too !

i also hope he does not stiff those who've already counted on seeing him, especially those in denmark...

i blindly prefer to think that this is just a reschedule because of health reasons...have no proof, offer none either, but it fits whats seemingly going on, in a way.

i promise you, k2...i will boycott any mccartney concert until he gets his sorry a$$ down there for the appropriately named 'forgive me, i forgot 'cause i'm so old tour' of your region !

i do, however, reserve the right to 100% change my mind if one of the two following things occurs: he takes me up on my all-veggie-all the time challenge, and plays my backyard with a set list i select...or, he completely dumps his entire set list for a new set of songs, none of which he's ever played live before an audience !

but, if he does...i promise to taunt him with alot of 'hey, paul...play down under !' heckles...

as long as he doesn't retort with a sturdy "that's a Men At Work song!", it might just work !
lift up your head...and remember what your life is !
mr h atom

Next

Return to MACCA-Concerts & Tours