Paul's future as a live performer

Discussions of various topics about Paul not covered in the forums below.

Moderator: Mike

Re: Paul's future as a live performer

Postby mhnso » Thu Jun 07, 2012 8:35 am

He can start a career as a ballet dancer. That would spare his golden throat
mhnso
Silver member
Silver member

Postby mhnso » Thu Jun 07, 2012 8:37 am

He could start a career as a ballet dancer- that would spare his golden throat
mhnso
Silver member
Silver member

Postby mr h atom » Thu Jun 07, 2012 11:33 am

well, Oob, watch the 'unplugged' video...

when you play the 'smaller' venue, you will most likely completely change the way you do everything, the way you sing,the songs you sing...it's alot more intimate, alot less over-the-top straining...alot less yelling/singing...

at least, i believe that is thinking on that one
lift up your head...and remember what your life is !
mr h atom
Gold member :)

Postby mhnso » Thu Jun 07, 2012 2:45 pm

Is my livingroom small enough for a voicesaving gig?
mhnso
Silver member
Silver member

Postby efghijiloveyou » Fri Jun 08, 2012 12:15 am

That depends, Mhnso. You don't live in the Globe arena, do you? :smile:
efghijiloveyou
Bronze member
Bronze member

Postby mr h atom » Fri Jun 08, 2012 2:04 am

wait a minute M...he has to pay my backyard before he can play your living room...don't go gettin' all insulting like :wink:

besides, i have a gravel drive way...so his somewhat gravelly voice will fit right in :-D

my offer still stands...i'll go veggie for a year if he'll play my backyard...

and, no, i don't mean that song off the new guitar album with dave grohl 'my backyard'...

i MEAN he must play a concert within the boundaries of my backyard environs.

to which you are all invited if he actually does it: anyone from out of town...i got a large garage, we can bunk ya there if you don't mind stray cats...and, no...again, i don't mean the rock group
mr h atom

Postby mhnso » Fri Jun 08, 2012 4:44 am

Now I feel really insulted mr H. My living room is the perfect spot for an intimate Macca gig. The air is perfect for his current vocal conditions
Playing in your backyard means an outdoor concert something that might create permanent damage to his masters voice
I will go veggie for the rest of my life to make this concert come through.
mhnso
Silver member
Silver member

Postby mr h atom » Fri Jun 08, 2012 5:20 pm

oh, don't embarrass us with your exultations of insultednes, M...we all know that there are minute dust particles all over your living room that would cause even greater damage to the vocal perambulations of sir paul !

besides...i'll go veggie on onto the afterlife, if need be (i'd have to pick the song list for that one, though... :wink: ) ...and you just can't top that :-D
mr h atom

Postby chris » Fri Jun 08, 2012 9:17 pm

i think there are a lot of great comments here.

here's what i think...as james before me said...he's an old man. he's bound to sound like one every now and then. but he still has his moments. and i am okay with him sounding like a 70 year old man. i'd suggest he sounds great for one.

the days of him singing as he did on WOA are long and gone. anyone here really expect him to...?

i think paul is a musician. and he loves to sing. it's what he does. it's in his bones. it's probably what he'll be doing as long as he's around. he could pick songs that reach a lower vocal register...but then some would complain that he sang that old song when he should have sung this song. some will complain he sang the right song but sang it poorly.

a few tours ago, i thought his voice was shot. he sang maybe i'm amazed. and he couldn't reach some notes he reached just a few years before...so...his band became more animated...more involved. and know what? it turned out okay. a great band can make up for an off vocal performance (or maybe even tour).

someone said take more time off between shows. seems like a good idea. someone also said get a vocal coach. that too, seems like a good idea. i think he had one for BITUS and he sounded great because of it.

i would see him in a yard. i would see him with a card. i would see him in a (living) room, i would see him play a broom...okay sorry guys...somehow dr suess took control of my sausage fingers and started typing...
I want to tell her that I love her a lot, but I got to get a belly full of wine.
chris
Supporter
Supporter

Postby Jeff in Ohio » Sat Jun 09, 2012 9:51 pm

I think he should take a good 2 years off from live performances, and try to let his voice heal if possible. I don't think he'll ever be able to sound like he did when he recorded the "screamers" like Helter Skelter, I'm Down, Monkberry Moon Delight. It's no wonder his voice is worn out. He cannot hit the highs anymore, and even his speaking voice has an old-man scratchy quiver to it, unfortunately. Not meant to sound critical, just honest. I think it's time to go into the studio, think back on his life and write some quiet emotional songs like he did on Chaos and Memory Almost Full. That way he can record multiple takes and use the take with the best vocal results. I think he can produce a great studio album. But no more touring.
I'm painting a room in a colorful way, and when my mind is wandering, there I will go.
Jeff in Ohio

PreviousNext

Return to MACCA - all discussions