Songs he should have worked harder on

Discussions of various topics about Paul not covered in the forums below.

Moderator: Mike

Re: Songs he should have worked harder on

Postby mr h atom » Mon Jun 04, 2012 12:14 am

i personally and deeply believe...

and have for some time now...

that the only songs he has yet to work hard enough on are............................................................

Wait for it...........

wait for it.....

THE NEW ONES ON THE NEW ALBUM...DUH !!
Last edited by mr h atom on Fri Jun 08, 2012 1:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
lift up your head...and remember what your life is !
mr h atom
Gold member :)

Postby gjh » Mon Jun 04, 2012 10:11 am

little lamb dragonfly
the melodies in this song are fantastic and captivating
its the lyrics that make me cringe...to couple this song with better words..maybe a message of i don't know...anything?!!..would have made it more appealing i think
there are some others out there as well of his with the same issue...but hey what do i know (:
gjh

Postby mr h atom » Mon Jun 04, 2012 11:18 am

quite alot, actually :-D

...but...maybe not so much about this song...since it's just a kinda dreamy, simple, alliterative love song

for me, almost this entire album is just happy, zippy variations of expressions of love...it could easily qualify as his nicest album...endlessly upbeat...a sublime bouquet of the art of pop rock

but, that's just my humble opinion...

persoanlly..i think you missd the boat...it's the lyrics on 'loup' that need work.... :wink:
mr h atom

Postby ahawk66 » Mon Jun 04, 2012 2:30 pm

I always thought "Getting Closer" had an unbelievably strong opening and feel to it musically, but lyrically, ouch! "cattle beware of snipers" or whatever that is makes me cringe.

Also, rhyming "did/dustbin lid" on "The Other Me" ruined a decent song for me. Now that I'm humming along, the song "Press" had a cool vibe to it, but the lyrics, again, failed him.

I agree with whoever mentioned "Summer's Day Song". It has potential on a lot of levels for me, but it's pretty much just a demo on the album.

I could probably nit-pick more, but I don't want to seem like I'm slamming him - I love most all of his stuff!
ahawk66

Postby vintage61lefty » Mon Jun 04, 2012 3:15 pm

there could have been better rumors.. ~X(
vintage61lefty

Postby Deebhoy » Mon Jun 04, 2012 8:51 pm

Without doubt Warm and Beautful - should have been a classic but poor production and arrangement makes it a song few have heard of.
Deebhoy

Postby mr h atom » Tue Jun 05, 2012 12:10 am

agreed, deeb...there is definately something about it that needs some tweaking, especially the middle bit

ahawk: 'gc' is sorta weak but mighty fun; i always thought it was 'gotta beware of snipers"..which, considering the song, makes a bit more sense...anybody ?

alot of people have a problem with the whole dustbin lid, even trot out the yoko diss about moon-june-spoon, whatever...but i've now met two (only two, though) brits who actually use the saying, and in the same context, so...

press, my least fav off that album, always struck me as being kinda slight, with the nebulous ' oklahoma was never like this' always making me go "what the ph...?

i've always assumed (and you know how bad that can be) that he often makes songs with little or no lyrical content on purpose because they are meant to be more of a instrumental with at best, limited vocal interruption...as opposed to the idea that he's just gotten lazy and will put on anything to fill out an album: summers day song strikes me as the exact same sort of thing as broomstick, atlantic ocean, quite a few of the bits off EA and a large assortment of others

but, what am i saying...no matter how you look at it, he had a hefty hand in writing/making 'dance the do'
mr h atom

Postby bravefan » Wed Jun 06, 2012 10:51 am

MrH, have you purchased Ram? Or have you been unlucky with the lottery? I still have't gotten a copy yet but was wondering what you thought of it.
bravefan
Bronze member
Bronze member

Postby mr h atom » Wed Jun 06, 2012 12:09 pm

haven't yet...but i may keel over and get the cheep version, just to ponder its eventual grandness'.. :X ..

if, of course i can find it nearby...seein' as it is my all-time fav 'n all

no luck w/the lottery...tho, truth be told, haven't played lately...it is up to $175,000,000...worth a buck, maybe
mr h atom

Postby efghijiloveyou » Wed Jun 06, 2012 11:55 pm

I can't be bothered unless it's at least half a billion. :lol:
efghijiloveyou
Bronze member
Bronze member

PreviousNext

Return to MACCA - all discussions