Setlsts again

Discussions of various topics about Paul not covered in the forums below.

Moderator: Mike

Re: Setlsts again

Postby mr h atom » Fri Jun 01, 2012 11:20 am

^:)^ ...very nice !

as i finished mine...i realized i only snuck in '70's to early '80's...at best...so, i'm thinking that this fantasy list might just be part of a mega, two night for charity stand...and i'll have to get the second night going soon

your list alone reminds of all the fantastic stuff after TOW

great job, thanks for taking the bait
lift up your head...and remember what your life is !
mr h atom
Gold member :)

Postby blmeanie » Fri Jun 01, 2012 1:11 pm

with some of the playlist suggestions having 99% of the Beatle material taken out and replaced with solo songs, I'd probably pass on those shows. Not trying to ignite a firestorm and I'm struggling for an appropriate analogy to make my point...here goes a weak effort, if I'm making a highlight reel of Michael Jordan's athletic achievements I wouldn't exclude his great work with the Bulls and only include the time he spent playing minor league baseball because I am tired of seeing the same highlights of his Bulls career over and over all these years. Bring on the best of the best, that IMO would have probably 50% Beatle songs. I apologize if somewhere it was asked to create a mostly solo playlist, I didn't see it if it was said.
blmeanie

Postby mr h atom » Fri Jun 01, 2012 10:58 pm

no worries, mate...

i can only speak for myself, and i've mentioned this about a billion times, but i started down this trek a macca fan first, and while i dearly love the beatles, i do not consider macca in his solo years to be second rate to anyone.

in fact, i consider macca: the solo artist to be amongst the finest around.

for me, at least, it'd be more like macca being with the bulls...and then going on the play with great skill and aplomb for the yankees...

all the great artists have their ups and downs or that have produced music or influenced other artists and generation of fans just as much as the beatles ever did...many of us will roll our eyes at each other (through the 'net, of course) when we poke our heads up and speak our thoughts about such...

but, imho, there are great, iconoic bands out there who have put out far more egregious stuff than even the least of maccas solo output, so...why should i diss on, or think lesser of, him just because he was once a beatle...

not happenin', friend

for me, at least, the world did not begin and end with the beatles...it'd be a far less interesting and varied place if i thought it did

some of us pass on the beatle not only because we've heard it ll before, but because we dearly love these songs...by this artist..alot of us have queried about a true solo concert quite often...and we all know it'll never happen...well...probably never happen...

but we could dream a little...hope a little, right ?

besides, if you passed on such tickets...not only would you be less a blmeanie and more a fool on the hill...but it'd leave more tickets for the rest of us and our friends :-D

peace 'n luv
mr h atom

Postby mhnso » Sat Jun 02, 2012 2:53 am

Paul the beatle and Paul the solo/wingsman. A never ending discussion. Personally I love the Beatles but also love a lot of his solo/wingsprojects. Nothing can compare to the Beatles when it comes to cultural importance but that does t make lot s of the songs Pauls has delivered after the Beatles bad songs. In fact I could list at least 50 songs from Pauls solocarer that are just as good or better than some of the Beatles songs. Playing along with the set lists is more of a game don t think Paul ever will play a gig with no Beatlesmaterial unless some promotion for a new album. Ive seen him live I think five times since 1971 and by far the best concert was Wings 1972 -with no Beatles songs unless you count Long Tall Sally. In my humble opinion the best of his myriads of live albums is Wings over America -an album with very few Beatlessongs and at the time one of the most moneymaking tours ever made. Remember Wings were huge in the seventies - one of the top five sellers of the decade. Not exactly what you called minor leaguestuff
mhnso
Silver member
Silver member

Postby blmeanie » Sat Jun 02, 2012 8:17 am

besides, if you passed on such tickets...not only would you be less a blmeanie and more a fool on the hill...but it'd leave more tickets for the rest of us and our friends
I guess I did go over the top to make my point, of course I would still go to the show, and enjoy it. The point is, there are many songs that are pretty good from those Beatle days that I personally would not want him to ignore if I were at a show.

Not exactly what you called minor leaguestuff
I apologized in advance for the bad analogy, it wasn't the minor league that was my point it was the separation of the careers basketball/baseball, poor analogy...
blmeanie

Postby mr h atom » Sat Jun 02, 2012 8:36 am

got that, bl...that's why i switched our mythic player from your bush league to my yankees...i'm subtle like that, no =))

and, for the record. almost to a "T", each of us that have bemoaned the inclusion of beatle songs have regaled upon the very fact that there are many beatle songs the man has never touched live that we would love to see...for my list, i had several more that i then took out in order to sneak in a more prefered macca song, leaving in 'rocky racoon', 'martha my dear', and 'oh darling'.

i, for one, would have no problem seeing beatle songs as long as they are ones not played to death, already
mr h atom

Postby blmeanie » Sat Jun 02, 2012 8:46 am

rocky raccoon has long been a guilty pleasure of mine and I've wondered why he never put it into a show, would be a break for his voice to some degree, use it as a rest, filler
blmeanie

Postby mr h atom » Sat Jun 02, 2012 10:02 pm

and he's ofund a way to do a very good job with 'helter skelter'...'oh darling' would be about the same, maybe even a little bit less of a strain on the cords...
mr h atom

Previous

Return to MACCA - all discussions