New music please!!

Discussions of various topics about Paul not covered in the forums below.

Moderator: Mike

Re: New music please!!

Postby mhnso » Mon May 21, 2012 12:35 am

Only the last year Paul has released a ballet score and KONB. Between MAF and KONB he released Electric argument.And the reissues series So I guess he s holding up a good schedule now reaching 70 years old. Paul is an old man now but probably is the kind of person that never will retire.
O f course I would be happy with new music from Paul but for me quality is more important. My Valentine on KONB is a GREAT McCartney song and I prefer one great over ten not so great songs.
Many of my favorite artists are either dead or getting old. Could that tell anything about me?
mhnso
Silver member
Silver member

Postby jgkojak » Mon May 21, 2012 12:53 am

A few thoughts:

1) Memory Almost Full was more than we could have ever hoped for - new music, AND an album to rank in his Top 5 (arguably) with some real return-to-form songs.

2) Paul Simon and Bob Dylan are also on a similar release schedule- once every 6-8 years is about all we can hope for - and I'm guessing this is darn near his last pop-rock album.

3) I'm guessing its the vocals he's not going to be happy with - I'm sure there are things he wished he could do but can't anymore. I'm happy just to have Paul.
Everyone's talkin' 'bout the President
We all chip in for a bag of cement
jgkojak
Supporter
Supporter

Postby Girl4Beats » Tue May 22, 2012 5:30 pm

jkojak,

I agreee.
Girl4Beats
Bronze member
Bronze member

Postby Awesoman » Fri May 25, 2012 1:24 am

Harrythebannister wrote:His new album was due for release later this year but has been put on hold until 2013. Apparently he wasn't happy with some of the recordings. :sad:

Where did you hear that?
Awesoman

Previous

Return to MACCA - all discussions