For us who love Back seat of my car....

Discussions of all gigs and tours over the years.

Moderator: Mike

For us who love Back seat of my car....

Postby eggman1979 » Wed May 09, 2012 2:52 pm

Hello everybody over here, I was at Paul's concert last night at the Aztec Stadium in Mexico City. I'll upload my pics and videos later but right now, the news are these: Last night's show started half an hour late cause Paul was being interviewed by mexican media and they say Paul declared that HE'S GONNA SING BACK SEAT OF MY CAR TOMORROW ON THE FREE SHOW AT THE ZOCALO SQUARE IN MEXICO CITY!!! This show will be bROadcasted live on internet only for Mexico but If you guys love this song the way I do, I recommend you to look the video of it on youtube since next Friday.

This is a video of mine, it's the beginning of the show: Magical mistery tour/Junior's farm and at the end he says "Hola México!!!" Hope you like it, sorry for the screams though, I was too excited.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JLqq67u2 ... e=youtu.be
Last edited by eggman1979 on Thu May 10, 2012 8:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
We can make it to Mexico City...AGAIN!!!!!
eggman1979
Bronze member
Bronze member

Re: For us who love Back seat of my car....

Postby mr h atom » Wed May 09, 2012 8:35 pm

you go ahead and scream, mi amigo... that macca dude tends to bring that out in even the most reserved ones :wink:

hope you enjoyed the show as much as it sounded like you did

i don't remember, are you gonna be able to make the free show ?

either way...thanks for the info, though...we'll all be on the lookout for that one, i'm sure
lift up your head...and remember what your life is !
mr h atom
Gold member :)

Postby eggman1979 » Fri May 11, 2012 1:08 am

I was watching the internet transmision of the show at the Zócalo, just finished a few minutes ago and....nothing, no Back seat of my car. I'm so disappointed. I saw the comment on Twitter that Paul himself declared that he was going to sing it. I think I owe everyone an apology. Anyway...the show was spectacular, wonderful, they say there were 400 000 people. Paul struggled through some songs at the beginning but the rest was great, as usual. He opened with Hello goodbye and Junior's farm, he wore a red jacket. He performed the same set list that he always does. He sang Birthday, I've just seen a face, Hope of deliverance, Helter skelter....Ahh but I'm sad, I was hoping to hear Back seat of my car and now I'm sure he will never sing it.
eggman1979
Bronze member
Bronze member

Postby EddieV » Fri May 11, 2012 3:37 am

What a big concert. What a shame he didn´t play Back Seat Of My Car, maybe here in Denmark
Now junior behave yourself
EddieV
Supporter
Supporter

Postby eggman1979 » Fri May 11, 2012 9:11 am

This is a bit of what happened last night:

This is the beginning:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0vwLD0PCKg4

This is I've just seen a face:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gqMsY_ZORbY

This is Ob la di, ob la da with a mariachi group, like in Guadalajara:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=84juVyN8y9M
eggman1979
Bronze member
Bronze member

Postby Girl4Beats » Fri May 11, 2012 6:43 pm

He wore a red jacket with a pink shirt and black braces. Saw an amazing video on YouTube of 4 songs by iloveB4death or something like that. It was I've Just Seen a Face, Hope of Deliverance, And I Love Her and Blackbird. Most of the other videos, I saw, I didn't think were very good. None have been this leg of the tour. No pix posted anywhere either. Gee! Fans. Share.
Girl4Beats
Bronze member
Bronze member

Postby mr h atom » Fri May 11, 2012 10:32 pm

no apologies needed, eggs...we all know PAUL LIED to trick all you great fans into showing up for the free concert... :wink:

just as we all know the only way he can possibly make it up to us is to do a free concert in May, to coincide with the release of the 'ram' remaster, where he and the band do the entire 'ram' album...and 20 other songs they've never, ever performed live before !!

:-D
mr h atom

Postby eggman1979 » Sat May 12, 2012 12:12 am

Thanks H! You're so kind and funny ah ah.

I wanna upload my personal review of the shows in Mexico but, again, I don't know how to get pictures and videos to appear in here as you guys do. I try to copy/paste my pics but it doesn't work and for the videos I just can post the link of it. Can anyone tell me how to do it?
eggman1979
Bronze member
Bronze member

Postby EddieV » Sat May 12, 2012 5:20 am

The whole concert

His voice isn´t good. He needs to rest before coming to Denmark.
Now junior behave yourself
EddieV
Supporter
Supporter

Postby mr h atom » Sat May 12, 2012 3:19 pm

y'know...the voice was not in the best shape, but, for the most part, it seemed a fine performance by all...almost like they knew they had to put a little extra oomph behind it all to overcome the raggedness, all while not overshadowing...bringing attention to it.

and there were plenty of moments were the voice did just fine..small moments, to be sure, but there nonetheless...

you gotta think they probably realized, at that last moment, that it might not have been the best conditions under which to go on with the show...but that they did so...they soldiered on, and gave a great performance, despite the voice, so as not to disappoint the fans...

and that crowd was far more into this than most crowds i've seen in a long time !

what a great crowd atmosphere it seemed to be...they loved every moment of it..sang along with all the songs, even the lesser known ones people like to complain about being in the set list...cool stuff...real music fans...

and there were wickedly cool moments that show these guys are really getting comfortable together

as an aside (and, maybe, completely in satirical jest...i'm not sure yet...) he did the song for nancy 'my valentine'...and the crowd loved it...he did the song for linda 'maybe i'm amazed'... :-D

wouldn't it have been hilarious (NOT that he'd ever do it... :wink: ) if he said '...and...this is for.. :-?? you know who..."

...and broke out into 'you never give me your money' for about a line or two...and then stopped it with a 'oh, no...didn't mean that...heh-heh-heh, wrong song ! "

for a free show ? i would've been pretty darn happy...

true, i hope he gets the voice the rest it needs...let's hope that this is not some harbinger of doom...maybe just a case of either one show too many, or he gave a little too much the time before

either way, we'll all know soon, right ?

thanks for the posting, eddie
mr h atom

Next

Return to MACCA-Concerts & Tours