My valentine official video

A discussion forum for Paul's videos, short films, movies and DVDs.

Moderator: Mike

Re: My valentine official video

Postby Girl4Beats » Tue Apr 17, 2012 6:28 pm

You got that right but I will still listen to RDR and give a listen to the others I have been neglecting over the years. If the weather is nice in Maryland come Wed, I might sit on the porch and chill after dealing with the stuff I've been dealing with. I need a good break and something to divert my attentions. Macca does it but this time with music.
Girl4Beats
Bronze member
Bronze member

Postby mr h atom » Tue Apr 17, 2012 9:35 pm

g4 "..but this time with music"

:oops:

why do i feel i need a cold drink...or a similar shower...(fans face...walks away...maybe i'm amazed !)
lift up your head...and remember what your life is !
mr h atom
Gold member :)

Postby eggman1979 » Wed Apr 18, 2012 12:04 pm

Now, it turns out Natalie Portman and Johnny Depp used wrong signs on the video:

April 17, 2012 -- The Sun (UK)

Sir Paul McCartney should have used Maccaton

Johnny Depp's sign language gaffe in new video

Sir Paul McCartney should consult Mr Tumble before directing his next video.

Deaf music fans are claiming that Johnny Depp and Natalie Portman are using the wrong signs to illustrate certain words in the promo for My Valentine.

Black Swan star Natalie made the first embarrassing gaffe, signing the word tampon instead of appear. Johnny wasn't far behind. He signed enemy while attempting Valentine.

That would change the tack on a Valentine's card.

Mr Tumble, played by Justin Fletcher on hit CBeebies show Something Special, would have been more than happy to help out the former Beatle.

He uses easily-understood Makaton sign language for kids.

It would have saved the grief Macca's getting from the sign language community. Comments highlighting the errors have been posted alongside the video on YouTube.

The British Deaf Association are still applauding their efforts, though.

A spokesman for them said: "It's great that famous people such as Johnny Depp and Natalie Portman are highlighting the use of sign language. Their use of it is more a poetic expression.

"The sign for tampon does seem to come up from both Johnny and Natalie, which causes some confusion, especially as American and British sign languages are different.

"It would have been nice if genuine deaf people had been used. But it's still great."
We can make it to Mexico City...AGAIN!!!!!
eggman1979
Bronze member
Bronze member

Postby mr h atom » Wed Apr 18, 2012 3:14 pm

my, admittedly brief, understanding of this semi-controversy extends only to what i've read on other sites. there, some people have, minorly, complained about which form of sign language is used, not that they got it entirely wrong. others have argued otherwise..some have said that it is enough that they tried.

so, who knows

from what they all seem to be saying, this is more of the same: but, if there many variations, and not every one agrees on which should be used for big, outfront events like this, how the heck would one ever be able to do all the research to find the one variation that is not gonna cause someone to complain...unless they wait forever until a more true standard can be achieved...

from what little i know about johnny depp, though...i wouldn't be surpised if he didn't know exactly what he was doing...
considering some of have mentioned that the song has a slightly darker tone/feel than many of mccartneys regular ballads...it would fit an interpretaion, from as ol' ben kenobi once said, a certain point of view...
mr h atom

Postby Girl4Beats » Wed Apr 18, 2012 8:05 pm

H,

YOU FUNNY MAN. Well the weather was lousy in Maryland today. Rain and cold. So no sitting outside on the porch listening to MUSIC. But I will eventually get out the ole CD and give RDR a good listening to and see if my opinion of it has changed. Really! My opinions do changed. . . . sometimes.
Girl4Beats
Bronze member
Bronze member

Postby efghijiloveyou » Wed Apr 18, 2012 11:08 pm

What's wrong with Paul on a rainy day, G?
efghijiloveyou
Bronze member
Bronze member

Postby joefig66 » Wed Apr 18, 2012 11:10 pm

Ok, there is a devil in me that's kind of cracking up about the signing errors, especially the words that "popped up". They looked so serious in video as they were signing. That's probably one of the reasons why I didn't find it appealing. I don't know, may some Lennonesque humor made it into my brain when I wasn't looking. Suddenly, I'm not half the man I used to be, that's because I am an amputee.......
joefig66

Postby mr h atom » Wed Apr 18, 2012 11:44 pm

:shock: ..... =))

whole-ee sheepdip !

know what you mean about the serious look, tho...portman looked like a girl who hadn't seen her lover in too long a time...

but, depp...it was like he was trying to stare me down thru the screen...

i don't know a thing about sign language, but, when he 'hearted' that way way..? i thought...'aw, that ain't right'
mr h atom

Postby Girl4Beats » Thu Apr 19, 2012 9:00 pm

efghi,

Can't sit on the porch on a rainy day because I don't like to get wet. But I do like to get wet when showering or when swimming in an appropriate place to swim but not to get wet sitting on a porch.

Since I don't understand sign language and I read someplace that signing is different in the United States than Britain and in Britian from one county to another so if they signed something wrong, I would never know. But they both looked very serious.
Girl4Beats
Bronze member
Bronze member

Previous

Return to MACCA-Videos