My valentine official video

A discussion forum for Paul's videos, short films, movies and DVDs.

Moderator: Mike

Re: My valentine official video

Postby eggman1979 » Sun Apr 15, 2012 11:43 pm

I personally think that even deaf people liked this video. It's just beautiful. A few hours ago it was displayed on the screen at the concert in Montevideo. On one screen you could see Natalie Portman´s version and on the other one Johnny Depp's
We can make it to Mexico City...AGAIN!!!!!
eggman1979
Bronze member
Bronze member

Postby mr h atom » Mon Apr 16, 2012 12:10 am

bullcrap..this emporer (macca) wears the finest duds, indeed !

i think the only 'no clothers' are some of the clearly deaf/dumb/blind 'fans' who wouldn't know/see/hear art if it hit 'em upside their pretty little heads...

lazy dynamite, and the entire RRS medley is da bomb diggity !

the end of 'so glad...' ...fantastic...

the only big news in joefigs dig ? another ever present 'fan' ready to bash paul...go figure...

but, being as he's NEW and all that...we wouldn't want such a 'fan' to actually have to sit through an entire mccartney song, so...

hey, joe, go watch the axl rose video...therz sum thinkin'

there is nothing...and i mean nothing either cringeworthy or schmaltzy about either the video or the album

people whose musical tastes are limited to the length of their last bowel movement* really need to get a clue about the artist they are talking about... :twisted:

(puts away his funny suit with the big red Mc on it)

hey, newbie, welcome to the board !

* hi, mike...don't hit me, brutha..it was the whiskey, really !...or, my dog got rabies and bit the cat... :wink:
lift up your head...and remember what your life is !
mr h atom
Gold member :)

Postby joefig66 » Mon Apr 16, 2012 11:30 am

Well Mr. H Atom, I see you even picked a name for yourself from another song that sucked. Be real. And just because I"m a new person on this site doesn't mean I am new to Paul. 34 years now I've been following and collecting his music. Your argument that a fan has to like every single song is so idiotic. Even Paul hates some of his own tunes. You ever listen to the end of The McCartney Interview? He says so himself. Most of RRS is rubbish. Not only Lazy Dynamite but Powercut as well. Stars need to be wary of "fans" like you who are "yes men" (and I use the term "men" very skeptically) who don't point out the obvious. Thankfully Paul had John to tell him when a song sucked. I like most of Paul's music but I"m not afraid to say when a song is bad. He's great, He's a genius, and He's human. Remember, as he said in the interview before the "song" Shoes, They can't all be good. Have you put on your lipstick yet? I"m sure your ready to give his portrait above your bed a smooch.
joefig66

Postby eggman1979 » Mon Apr 16, 2012 2:37 pm

joefig66 wrote:Well Mr. H Atom, I see you even picked a name for yourself from another song that sucked. Be real. And just because I"m a new person on this site doesn't mean I am new to Paul. 34 years now I've been following and collecting his music. Your argument that a fan has to like every single song is so idiotic. Even Paul hates some of his own tunes. You ever listen to the end of The McCartney Interview? He says so himself. Most of RRS is rubbish. Not only Lazy Dynamite but Powercut as well. Stars need to be wary of "fans" like you who are "yes men" (and I use the term "men" very skeptically) who don't point out the obvious. Thankfully Paul had John to tell him when a song sucked. I like most of Paul's music but I"m not afraid to say when a song is bad. He's great, He's a genius, and He's human. Remember, as he said in the interview before the "song" Shoes, They can't all be good. Have you put on your lipstick yet? I"m sure your ready to give his portrait above your bed a smooch.

Of course not every song from Paul is a masterpiece but certainly there is not even one that sucks and I've heard, well...all of them. About John telling Paul which song sucked and which didn't...is this the same John who recorded Two virgins, Life with the lions and The wedding album? Have you heard them? Maybe us who love the Red rose speedway album and Kisses on the bottom are happy people, not as embittered as some folks over here.
eggman1979
Bronze member
Bronze member

Postby joefig66 » Mon Apr 16, 2012 3:17 pm

No one is bitter Eggman. I'm entitled to my opinion. If you like Red Rose Speedway, good for you. I actually like a lot of the songs on there. I like Get on the Right Thing quite a lot. That should have been a single in the U.S. I like the song My Valentine. Just not the video. I only got on the lad Mr H Atom because he attacked me first. And I'm not defending Johns rubbish either. I don't like Two Virgins, I don't like the production of Rock & Roll Music but that's my opinion. If you don't like it, too bad. But, I'm confident enough in my Beatle / Paul "University Education" that I'm not afraid to say I don't like a song and I can tell you why. Not like some of the arse sniffing Paul droolers who probaby make him sick. The sound you make is MUZAK to my ears
joefig66

Postby Awesoman » Mon Apr 16, 2012 3:27 pm

mr h atom wrote:bullcrap..this emporer (macca) wears the finest duds, indeed !

i think the only 'no clothers' are some of the clearly deaf/dumb/blind 'fans' who wouldn't know/see/hear art if it hit 'em upside their pretty little heads...

lazy dynamite, and the entire RRS medley is da bomb diggity !

the end of 'so glad...' ...fantastic...

the only big news in joefigs dig ? another ever present 'fan' ready to bash paul...go figure...

but, being as he's NEW and all that...we wouldn't want such a 'fan' to actually have to sit through an entire mccartney song, so...

hey, joe, go watch the axl rose video...therz sum thinkin'

there is nothing...and i mean nothing either cringeworthy or schmaltzy about either the video or the album

people whose musical tastes are limited to the length of their last bowel movement* really need to get a clue about the artist they are talking about... :twisted:

(puts away his funny suit with the big red Mc on it)

hey, newbie, welcome to the board !

* hi, mike...don't hit me, brutha..it was the whiskey, really !...or, my dog got rabies and bit the cat... :wink:

eggman1979 wrote:Of course not every song from Paul is a masterpiece but certainly there is not even one that sucks and I've heard, well...all of them. About John telling Paul which song sucked and which didn't...is this the same John who recorded Two virgins, Life with the lions and The wedding album? Have you heard them? Maybe us who love the Red rose speedway album and Kisses on the bottom are happy people, not as embittered as some folks over here.

And some folks actually wonder why these message boards don't see a lot of traffic. The village idiots have scared everybody off. A new poster finds his way to this message board and he's immediately attacked simply because he doesn't like McCartney's new album? Are we a bunch of children here?
Awesoman

Postby eggman1979 » Mon Apr 16, 2012 4:08 pm

Well I disagree Awesome man. Everyone is welcome over here and I'm not attacking/insulting anybody. I'm not even ofended. It's just an answer to the comments “I’m sure deaf people really liked it though” and “…is so idiotic” this member wrote. I don’t even know him and have nothing against him.
eggman1979
Bronze member
Bronze member

Postby Girl4Beats » Mon Apr 16, 2012 5:23 pm

Getting a little thick in here, aye? I personally like Lazy Dynamite and I personally don't like KOTB. Yes everyone is entitled to their opinions as I am forever giving mine but maybe some people woke up on the wrong side of the bed? Or the boss yelled at them? Or my fave, I lost/misplaced something and can't for the life of me find it or even where I put it last.

I suggest we all take a deep breath through our noses, count 10 and exhale through our mouths. Don't know if that helps but I gave it a shot.
Girl4Beats
Bronze member
Bronze member

Postby Girl4Beats » Mon Apr 16, 2012 5:34 pm

The video was a nice idea but I can't really say I liked it. And I don't like Johnny Depp. Did I say that? HAHAHA!!
Girl4Beats
Bronze member
Bronze member

Postby mr h atom » Mon Apr 16, 2012 5:51 pm

" your argument...": heck...never said that...anywhere...anytime...

"you ever listen to..." yeah, have it, on vinyl, bought it when it came out...

also remember the countless interviews where he bashed 'ram'; he was wrong then, good thing he's finally seen the light and agrees with me: any longtime readers of all these posts would know i've always maintained that to be his best solo album...

one should also know exactly how one feels before they decide to go overboard: either most of rrs is rubbish, or you like quite a bit of it...couldn't tell amidst you endless rants about me (musta hit home, huh ?) to know which...

of course, you haven't yet posted one glowing or nice missive about macca or any of his music...just a wee bit o' bashing... but, hey...it's only opinion, right: funny how you're allowed yours, but i'm not allowed mine...

you couldn't be bothered to actually prove me wrong and write, lucidly, about how much you like this or that...nope, more bashing

awes...funny, only one...pretty much ex-poster, has ever in any way, manner or form ever said that...hmmm, funny, that

interesting to note that, in your quotes, you seem to indicate that both eggs and i, the only people not bashing mccartney or his music during this spat, are the ones driving out people...and, of course, because we deign not to bash mccartney, we are...oh, what did you say...oh, yeah...'village idiots'

so, in your world...people who bash mccartney are just fine (because you did not include the newbie, right ?)...yet people who take offense to mccartney being bashed are idiots

well...now at least i know where i stand
lift up your head...and remember what your life is !
mr h atom

PreviousNext

Return to MACCA-Videos