Ram Box In MAy

Discussions of various topics about Paul not covered in the forums below.

Moderator: Mike

Re: Ram Box In MAy

Postby mr h atom » Thu Mar 29, 2012 12:10 am

chris...you're so ba-aa-a-aa-ad !

sorry, didn't mean to get yer goat...er...ram on, party dudes !
lift up your head...and remember what your life is !
mr h atom
Gold member :)

Postby bravefan » Thu Mar 29, 2012 8:02 am

I don't think there's much doubt these days that the critics were wrong wbout Ram. One of his best projects ever.
bravefan
Bronze member
Bronze member

Postby mr h atom » Fri Mar 30, 2012 11:11 pm

and so were many, many of the 'fans'...

this was, as i've mentioned in the past, the album that sold me on mccartney as a solo artist...it'll always be A-#1 in my book
mr h atom

Postby bravefan » Tue Apr 03, 2012 11:11 pm

I have to admit...the MCartney album was good but the Ram was great. Sold me too. Great minds think...maybe.
bravefan
Bronze member
Bronze member

Postby mr h atom » Wed Apr 04, 2012 1:08 am

well, we are all maca* fans, aren't we... :wink:

i gotta say...mostly 'cause i haven't mentioned it in ages, but i do love that first album, immensely...it's a bright, small gem of a work that distinctly said "here i am...i am not a beatle...i am paul' quite eloquently, too

imho, not a bad track on the album at all

*intentionally spelled incorrectly so BF doesn't feel so all alone :-D
mr h atom

Postby joefig66 » Wed Apr 18, 2012 1:28 am

I like Ram. The more I've listened to it, I've grown to like it even more. Love the silly vocals on Monkberrymoon Delight. It was even better once I learned the lyrics. "Ketchup!!! Soup and Puree!!! You can't beat the zaniness.
It's amazing how many of those songs were written in the Beatles Days. I will be buying it as soon as it comes out. Look forward to the videos
I listened to a radio show recently with Brian Wilson as a guest and they played him Dear Boy (for some reason, his first time hearing it) and he was amazed. Love the vocals.
joefig66

Postby mr h atom » Wed Apr 18, 2012 2:19 pm

i'm a firm believer that is precisely those vocals that explains my deep admiration for this artist, in all his moods & forms...and that laid the foundation for my deep love for 'mccartney II', seeing as it is the only album wherein he deeply indulges that sort of off the wall craziness on nearly every track: no surprise, then, that i place, personally, 'ram' at #1 and 'mca2' at #2...and am a big fan of 'PTP'

y'know...interestingly, it was my admiration of 'uncle albert/adm.halsey' on the radio that had my brother turn me onto 'ram'...and my extreme love of 'monkberry' in particular that made him think i might like the 'white' album...which was when my meager, youthful mind found out that paul was a beatle before he was...well, paul...so he floated me that...

to this day, my personal absolute favorite, without stopping and thinking about it favorite beatle track is probably 'you know my name...': the very though of it bring a big smile and a eternally happy heart

still, i had 3 mccartney albums (mca1, ram, v&m) before i ever got a beatle album of my own, and two more macca 's (botr & woa) before i got my next beatles...to this day, i'm nearly complete on 'official' mccartney...'the family way' being the only semi-official thing i've never owned, and the ballet score being the other lost work still...and i've got a few mccartney bootlegs, most notably, the complete mac2 and cold cuts...

in the world of maybe coincidences...my first full-on, had to be there to buy it on release day mccartney album was 'back to the egg'....hmmmm

yet i still do not have every beatles album..i lack the the first two or three, my collection starts at 'hard days night' and 'beatles for sale...and i've never bought any of the beatle bootlegs...only listened to friends copies...hmmm

shoot...i'm rambling...g4 must be rubbing off on me o'er the distance...think i'm gonna go read some mis marple... :wink:
Last edited by mr h atom on Wed Apr 18, 2012 2:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
mr h atom

Postby mr h atom » Wed Apr 18, 2012 2:20 pm

:? ..or...iz that miz...
mr h atom

Postby efghijiloveyou » Wed Apr 18, 2012 11:19 pm

"You Know My Name.." cracks me up everytime I hear it too, Mr. H. It's never not funny to me. That's John and Paul at their gooniest.
efghijiloveyou
Bronze member
Bronze member

Postby edrebber » Thu Apr 19, 2012 10:04 pm

You Know My Name works well as the greeting for your voice mail.
edrebber

PreviousNext

Return to MACCA - all discussions