Ram Box In MAy

Discussions of various topics about Paul not covered in the forums below.

Moderator: Mike

Re: Ram Box In MAy

Postby mhnso » Sun Mar 25, 2012 4:08 am

4 cd i dvd,,thrillington.monoversion,outtakes unreleased songs, book and all kind of different artifacts seems to make the deluxe version of RAM something of a dream release - at least for me who holds RAM as one of my all-time favorite popalbums. Seems even more pricey than previous deluxe edition but that won t stop me this time
Can t wait for this one -as mr h atom puts it - my beloved one
mhnso
Silver member
Silver member

Postby mhnso » Sun Mar 25, 2012 5:14 am

mhnso
Silver member
Silver member

Postby mr h atom » Sun Mar 25, 2012 11:54 pm

whew !! impressive...most impressive

i'm already saving my pennies, but, at this rate (i've got 2000 of them (pennies, that is), it'll be awhile, i think...

unless i slip and spend 100-200 pennies :-BD (my limit for really lost causes) on the $365,000,000 lottery and win...in which case :ymparty:

i, too, count this as my #1 macca album (tho...sometimes, just sometimes... @-) .. heh-heh-heh ) and the deluxe edtion sounds grand, indeed

either way, if i don't rush out and get it....it, like my beloved, will be the only things on any wish list until they are mine !!!
lift up your head...and remember what your life is !
mr h atom
Gold member :)

Postby mhnso » Mon Mar 26, 2012 3:20 am

I am not rich but have enough to buy any deluxeedition I want. Problem is if I think it s worth the ridiculous money för records I most of the time bought many times before. The answer is ,generally a big NO. But with Ram and some other Paul reissues the answer is YES.
Generally I think the market for all these luxurious reissues be it Pink Floyd, Stones or whatever is people like me - middle-aged men with more money to spend than the youngsters who download their music anyway.
Ram is a great album and I really look forward to be ripped of just to lay my hand on the deluxe edition
mhnso
Silver member
Silver member

Postby bravefan » Mon Mar 26, 2012 7:53 am

If a certain somebody on here hits that lottery, I hope he sees it in his heart (of the country) to buy me a copy of the deluxe Ram set. I'll do the same and I couldn't tell you the last time I played the lottery. Good luck. Oh, and Opening Day, yes it should be a national holiday, is right around the corner. Good times ahead for sure. By the way my friend, I've been so stuck on Red Rose Speedway lately. Can't seem to play anything else. I believe it is sooo underrated.
bravefan
Bronze member
Bronze member

Postby mr h atom » Tue Mar 27, 2012 11:49 pm

i go thru phases like that with many of the albums...RRS is, indeed, quite a gem (so is WL...thanks again, james !)

i've mentioned this before...the cure did a set of concerts wherein they played all three of their first three albums in song by song order...with b-sides that were related to that time...

if paul did that..??? a concert that was nothing but the first 3 wings* albums...first, ram(* yeah, well...it might as well be a wings album !), then wild life, then red rose speedway...?!?!!

bring in denny & the others like r. smith brought in lawrence tolhurst..?!?!!

whew...!!

screw all those jerks who don't get it...i'd so be there
mr h atom

Postby mhnso » Wed Mar 28, 2012 2:28 am

If Macca decided to play a gig showcasing just one album I would say RRS AND WL are very unlikely choices. Ram could be but I d rather think he d play BONTR. Also read an intewiew where he said he d never reform Wings without Linda. Of course it would have been a great thing but t leads we d got the lovely albums and soon a 15 cd anthology covering live and obscure outtakes.
Ram is-in my opinion one s of the the best pop albums ever made - it was rejected by he critics at the time but a huge seller and have since then been evived by the critics and hailed as the first indiealbum. The critics from back in the days were expecting grand statements from the exbeatles like all things must pass not, Eat at home,or Smile away. Ram is a very eccentric album but has so much great things goin on musically. I can t wait to lay my hands on the deluxe edition.
mhnso
Silver member
Silver member

Postby mr h atom » Wed Mar 28, 2012 5:06 pm

i'm not sure i meant that he should reform wings...i certainly would not like to see him ditch his current group...

but, for one set of concerts, giving the nod to denny as a major part of that scene would be, imho, a very good move: it would give mccartneys stamp of approval to what they did together back then...

it would also be a way of publically saying : the critics were wrong about ram...and they're wrong about these others, too..
mr h atom

Postby Girl4Beats » Wed Mar 28, 2012 7:41 pm

mhnso,

I LOVE SMILE AWAY. A concert with all three first albums played song by song? NIFTY!! I would love to hear that!! I like RRS better than RAM though.
Girl4Beats
Bronze member
Bronze member

Postby chris » Wed Mar 28, 2012 9:29 pm

must be dyslexic...i swear...everytime i see this thread my mind registers...ram in my box :shock: ...before my better sensibilties tell me that just could not be.
I want to tell her that I love her a lot, but I got to get a belly full of wine.
chris
Supporter
Supporter

PreviousNext

Return to MACCA - all discussions