Tour rumours...Latin America

Discussions of all gigs and tours over the years.

Moderator: Mike

Tour rumours...Latin America

Postby eggman1979 » Sun Mar 11, 2012 11:22 am

Hey Mike, do you know anything about this? A couple of weeks ago this rummour appeared on other site (maccareport.com) about the On the run tour visiting Latin America. I'm just gonna copy/paste the info:

March 10, 2012 -- Macca Report News EXCLUSIVE!!
from Miguel Carrera & Ricardo Chilabert, Macca Reporters

Macca's Latin American Tour

Unconfirmed reports are circulating that Paul will play Colombia on May 5th and Guadalajara on May 7. (first posted on The Macca Report)

Other places that are being considered for the South American tour are, Paraguay and Costa Rica and Argentina.

More dates planned for Mexico... two shows for Mexico City!

I didn't want to post anything about it since a few weeks ago I posted local information about a possible concert in Chichen Itza and still nothing has been announced though local government said it was for sure. But this is more likely, who knows? I'm excited bout I'm not gonna believe it until I see it officially announced.
Last edited by eggman1979 on Sun Mar 11, 2012 2:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
We can make it to Mexico City...AGAIN!!!!!
eggman1979
Bronze member
Bronze member

Re: Tour rumours...Latin America

Postby chris » Sun Mar 11, 2012 1:03 pm

i've been wishing for you, eggy. in fact, i thought it's already happened...if not, i hope it does.

if it does...i want you to know we expect a report. and i'm sure you'd give a good one.

good luck, sir
I want to tell her that I love her a lot, but I got to get a belly full of wine.
chris
Supporter
Supporter

Postby Girl4Beats » Sun Mar 11, 2012 1:41 pm

eggman,

I heard that rumor also. He has not played those places so it could happen. With Macca one never knows.
Girl4Beats
Bronze member
Bronze member

Postby EddieV » Sun Mar 11, 2012 1:52 pm

I heard rumours about more European dates
Now junior behave yourself
EddieV
Supporter
Supporter

Postby eggman1979 » Sun Mar 11, 2012 3:50 pm

EddieV wrote:I heard rumours about more European dates

That's right Eddie. This site also says: More concert dates for Europe in April are expected to be announced soon. Who knows? Maybe Denmark is included. Good luck!
eggman1979
Bronze member
Bronze member

Postby eggman1979 » Sun Mar 11, 2012 3:56 pm

Thanks Chris and Girl4beats. If this happens I'm even gonna buy tickets for both dates in Mexico City, Guadalajara ir far away from the city where I live. It's gonna be my 3rd and 4th time, you know, to be at a Macca's concert. Thanks agian for your wishes!
eggman1979
Bronze member
Bronze member

Postby blmeanie » Mon Mar 12, 2012 8:13 am

time for North America again I'd say. Spoiled, yeah. Need my fix.
blmeanie

Postby eggman1979 » Mon Mar 12, 2012 11:44 am

blmeanie wrote:time for North America again I'd say. Spoiled, yeah. Need my fix.

Well...I don't know why many people in other countries (specially Europe) think Mexico is parth of South America when, actually, is part of North America. I remember a video of Ringo talking about his recent Latin American tour leg saying something like "...I enjoyed our visit to South America...Chile...Argentina...Mexico...!". Well, on the other hand, I must say people in the US are very lucky cause Paul plays the US more than in other country in the world. Even more than in the UK. Actually, Paul plays in the US practically every year: tours, benefit shows, special internet transmitions, award ceremonies, TV shows, interviews...etc etc

I'm not against that. I understand it, US is the biggest market in the world. I'm just saying that I can't imagine what it feels like to have Paul (and, let's say it, every huge music star in the world) playing in your country almost every year. That's why every time he comes to a place like my country is a huge thing.
eggman1979
Bronze member
Bronze member

Postby blmeanie » Tue Mar 13, 2012 8:10 am

sorry, I stand corrected. Totally ignorant statement.

time for America again! Yeah, I/we do take a lot for granted. I think he recognizes it and is why he has spent more energy lately going around the world and hitting places not on the normal path. I had the privilege a few years ago to take my now 13 year old to see him. If he comes through the states again I'd like to take a few of my other kids as well to give them the experience before...oh never mind.
blmeanie

Postby Girl4Beats » Tue Mar 13, 2012 7:02 pm

Back in my school days Mexico was considered Central America. Now it's, according to the State Department, part of Western Hemispheric Affairs. This includes Canada, the U.S. Central and South America and the Caribbean. A short history lesson for those who care. For those who don't, you got it anyway.

I guess most groups like to come to the U.S. because of the big record buying public and because as I heard or read somewhere, if you can conquer the U.S. music market, you got it made. Maybe that is why he continually tours here and so do lots of other groups. Just my humble opinion, again.
Girl4Beats
Bronze member
Bronze member

Next

Return to MACCA-Concerts & Tours