Kisses on the bottom debuts @ no3

Discussions of various topics about Paul not covered in the forums below.

Moderator: Mike

Re: Kisses on the bottom debuts @ no3

Postby efghijiloveyou » Tue Feb 21, 2012 9:45 pm

Chris, I've had the Goose Island summer beer. Good stuff. Mr. H, I agree about today's country music; it's really just pop with a little country window dressing and I dislike the artificial twang so many of them sing with. But I do like me some good, genuine country music from time to time including bluegrass.
efghijiloveyou
Bronze member
Bronze member

Postby chris » Tue Feb 21, 2012 11:15 pm

by the way, efghij...not to go off topic, but i've been thinking about a post you made many moons ago. it (the topic) was when george and john were listed in rolling stone's best guitarists list. you wondered why do all the great guitarists have to be blues and heavy metal? you were/are right. i've been listening to an absolute master who specializes in neither. derek trucks. i beg you to remember that name. in fact, google him. he might be genericcally considered a jam band. but dixieland, jazz, blues, southern rock, middle eastern, soul and even latin rock all make appearances regularly on his albums. in fact...his specialty is the slide guitar. seriously, the guy is a beast. let me know if you ever discover the guy.

when he was 13 years old, he opened for the allman brothers. when he was about 20, he toured with eric clapton during his layla tour, recreating all of duane allman's guitar work.

sorry folks. this is waaaay off topic. and i should know better.

back to your regularly scheduled topic.
I want to tell her that I love her a lot, but I got to get a belly full of wine.
chris
Supporter
Supporter

Postby mr h atom » Wed Feb 22, 2012 1:18 am

second that...but, i've always thought of him as a blues man who dabbles...i saw a clip on youtube of him and warren haynes (govt mule :-D ) jammin' on acoustics... :ymapplause: breathtaking stuff

i believe he and his wife ( the incandescent susan tedesci) now front the tedesci-trucks band, right big c ?
lift up your head...and remember what your life is !
mr h atom
Gold member :)
Gold member :)

Postby Girl4Beats » Wed Feb 22, 2012 5:48 pm

Mr. H,

I am diverse , perverse and other erses too. Erses I am good at, but ALL music . . . well I covered that pretty good here.
Girl4Beats
Bronze member
Bronze member

Previous

Return to MACCA - all discussions