Paul And Eric Clapton

Discussions of various topics about Paul not covered in the forums below.

Moderator: Mike

Re: Paul And Eric Clapton

Postby Girl4Beats » Tue Feb 21, 2012 7:40 am

mhnso,

But aren't lots of discussions on this forum strange?
Girl4Beats
Bronze member
Bronze member

Postby mhnso » Tue Feb 21, 2012 9:39 am

For sure there are lot s of strange things goin om here. But this discussion about who might turn up at Pauls memorial after his death I find strange strange if not downright weird. Personally I find most tributes to dead artists or dead people overall disgusting. Try and give tribute to people when they are alive instead
mhnso
Silver member
Silver member

Postby mr h atom » Tue Feb 21, 2012 8:04 pm

calm down, m...i get your point, i think everyone else does, too

and, you're right, there is a certain perversity about it...nonetheless...

all of us know for a fact that our dear paulie is not getting anywhere closer to younger (though...his hair, seemingly, is !)...

AND...and we also know that there has always seemed to be a certain, shall we say, disrespect for 'Paul the artist' from his peers....

it's a little like........having that absolutely favorite aunt or uncle...who lives too, too far away...

and every day you wonder if someones looking out for them...checking up on them...that's all

we all just need the ...security blanket of knowledge that everythings fine, everythings good
lift up your head...and remember what your life is !
mr h atom
Gold member :)

Postby chris » Tue Feb 21, 2012 8:41 pm

yeah, i get what you are saying, magnus. i don't think anyone intends to be morbid. but those memeorial concerts are usually held after someone passes. every memorial i've ever been to have been after. however, i assure you, i am in no hurry to organize this event.

i should ask...do you really think they are awful? i've seen a bunch of them (and most seem to feature eric clapton with ray cooper) and none have been less than fantastic. you have seen the concert for george, right? i mean lets face it...a memorial concert depends heavily on two factors. it can only be as good as the songs being played...and those musicians that are playing them.

and if you do it right, like eric did during the concert for george, it isn't morbid at all. it'd be a celebration. a wonderful, sad, joyous, musical celebration.
I want to tell her that I love her a lot, but I got to get a belly full of wine.
chris
Supporter
Supporter

Postby efghijiloveyou » Tue Feb 21, 2012 9:28 pm

I think I've only ever seen The Concert For George as far as memorial gigs go, but I thought that one was very well done.
efghijiloveyou
Bronze member
Bronze member

Postby mr h atom » Tue Feb 21, 2012 10:48 pm

the esteemed chi-town brutha extolled brilliantly once again...that last line...sheer, utter brilliance !

there's that word again
lift up your head...and remember what your life is !
mr h atom

Postby mhnso » Wed Feb 22, 2012 1:43 am

Well I actully think memorial/tributethings for the most part are awful. I don t mean the music of cource - concert for George featured some great music. I don t doubt the sincerity of some for many others it s a way of having the spotlight. I think Ive read somewhere there was a little argument between oöd Slowhand and Macca about who was in charge of the tribute to George concert. Hmmmm
And look at all the people paying tribute for poor Whitney where were they all the years she needed them
Personally I think it s much better to give people respect when they are alive and kicking

I don t oppose you -friends here-discussing the possible participants of a tribute for Macca I just say it s a slightly bizarre discussion and I don t think you have to worry there will be a line of people wanting to take part of that certain thing - And I think the concert some weeks ago with Neil Young, Coldplay, Foo Fighterrs among others shows that there is a tremendous respect for our hero. Plus he himself attended and could enjoy this thing
mhnso
Silver member
Silver member

Postby Girl4Beats » Wed Feb 22, 2012 5:39 pm

HERE, HERE. Or THERE, THERE. Just trying to be amusing and not doing a very good job of it.

Okay. We have all agreed that Paul is still here, alive and kicking, and any talk of a tribute is not a good idea at this point in time and we all agree that everyone and their brother would love to do a tribute? Okay. I'm done. I will shut up now.
Girl4Beats
Bronze member
Bronze member

Postby bravefan » Wed Feb 22, 2012 10:05 pm

This post started out talking about Macca and Clapton and ends up talking about a memorial concert for Paul? The man is alive and kicking and personally I prefer it that way. Long live Macca!!
bravefan
Bronze member
Bronze member

Previous

Return to MACCA - all discussions