Paul And Eric Clapton

Discussions of various topics about Paul not covered in the forums below.

Moderator: Mike

Re: Paul And Eric Clapton

Postby efghijiloveyou » Thu Feb 16, 2012 10:26 pm

I think someone's had too much Swedish Fish...
efghijiloveyou
Bronze member
Bronze member

Postby mhnso » Fri Feb 17, 2012 1:27 am

Don t ya think it would be great to hear Yoko sing Valentine in a duet with Paul with Neil Young on electric leadguitar. Why?
mhnso
Silver member
Silver member

Postby bravefan » Fri Feb 17, 2012 8:53 am

I've always wondered why Elton John and Macca never got together for a project of some kind. Is there some history between them?
bravefan
Bronze member
Bronze member

Postby mr h atom » Fri Feb 17, 2012 11:27 pm

i'm still wondering just where the heck is Noice...and how long has macca been it's king ?!??

elton...hmmm...seems i vaguely remember some bit, possibly out of...i think it was 'rolling stone'...back when knebworth was on...that paul was seen at the side of the stage, watching and cheering on various acts...a couple of which i seem to remember being elton and rod stewart...and that, when maccas time on stage came these two had disappeared...

when asked why they said there was a game on tv....

i like elton and rods early work quite a bit...tho neither has, imho, done anything in the last 30 years worth getting excited about...but this always stuck with me...maybe my memory is wrong, who knows
lift up your head...and remember what your life is !
mr h atom
Gold member :)
Gold member :)

Postby Lazarus_2 » Sat Feb 18, 2012 9:23 am

mhnso wrote:I know for sure that Neil Young is a friend of Paul, so is David Gilmour. Clapton -don t really know think they had an argument concerning the tribute to George but they respect each other for sure. There are more for sure. Whenever our dear old Macca passes I am sure there will be a line of musicians who wants to arrange a tribute
Personally I find most of those tribute shows utterly disgusting and couldn t care less. I am sure there will be tributes now for poor Whitney with so called friends crying crocodile tears.

They had tribute for Dylan in somewhere tween 1990-1994.
They need do tribute while dude is still knockin' about.
youtube.com/kinnarchimedes
Lazarus_2
Silver member
Silver member

Postby efghijiloveyou » Sat Feb 18, 2012 3:03 pm

They just did, right before the Grammys.
efghijiloveyou
Bronze member
Bronze member

Postby Girl4Beats » Mon Feb 20, 2012 3:31 pm

When Paul leaves this earthly plane, if no musicians do I am sure his wife, his two daughters and possibly his son will do something. You might even include Dhanni. If Ringo doesn't, I am sure he will contribute.

Paul has lots of friends that make music but he seems to prefer his wife and family to hanging out with BUDS. At least that is the impression I get.
Girl4Beats
Bronze member
Bronze member

Postby efghijiloveyou » Mon Feb 20, 2012 8:26 pm

It's daft to think nobody would come forward and arrange a tribute for Paul- there will be a long line of people wanting to participate.
efghijiloveyou
Bronze member
Bronze member

Postby chris » Mon Feb 20, 2012 11:01 pm

yeah, i'm going to concur with efghij on this. it may or may not be the concert for george, but there are countless younger bands that have been influenced by paul. and there would be no shortage of volunteers to line up and honor the man.
I want to tell her that I love her a lot, but I got to get a belly full of wine.
chris
Supporter
Supporter

Postby mhnso » Tue Feb 21, 2012 5:30 am

Am I the only person here who find it a bit odd discussing who will participate in a tribute to Paul when he passes away. I know that all things must pass but still feel this discussion turned out just a little bit strange.
mhnso
Silver member
Silver member

PreviousNext

Return to MACCA - all discussions