Kisses on the bottom debuts @ no3

Discussions of various topics about Paul not covered in the forums below.

Moderator: Mike

Re: Kisses on the bottom debuts @ no3

Postby 2 of 3 » Wed Feb 15, 2012 8:27 pm

Probably 5 million people illegally downloaded it...so...it's a hit! :ymparty:
The World is a tangled up necklace of Pearls
2 of 3
Supporter
Supporter

Postby gfgb123 » Wed Feb 15, 2012 9:32 pm

It is number 5 on BIllboard, it's official.
gfgb123

Postby maccafan » Thu Feb 16, 2012 7:15 pm

Kisses On The Bottom is a very big #1 baby!!

McCartney's 'Kisses on the Bottom' leaps to top of Billboard jazz chart

Steve Marinucci
Beatles Examiner

Paul McCartney's "Kisses on the Bottom" album is showing signs of being more than just a footnote on his long career, despite its whimsical title.

In its second week on the Billboard Jazz Album chart, the album jumped 17 places to the top spot on that chart. It was also labeled "Greatest Gainer." The album sat at #17 in its first week on the chart.

The album's single, "My Valentine," is sitting at #20, up from #23 last week, in its third week on the Adult Contemporary chart.

One of the two original McCartney tracks on the album is also charting in Japan, Billboard reports. "Only Our Hearts," which features Stevie Wonder on harmonica, debuted at #84 on the Japan Hot 100.

The album also debuted on the U.S. Billboard 200 today at #5, #3 on the Official UK Album Chart and #4 in Canada. It's also made showings in Germany at #9 plus in Australia, Belgium, Holland, Hungary, Norway and Sweden.

Additionally, it debuted at #5 on Billboard's Digital Album Chart. It's at #12 on iTunes today, though it was #10 there on Wednesday. It's also #2 on the Billboard Tastemaker Albums Chart, just behind Van Halen's "A Different Kind of Truth" and ahead of Adele's "21."

How this mans post Beatles career doesn't get the real true credit it deserves is just insane!!
maccafan
Bronze member
Bronze member

Postby EddieV » Fri Feb 17, 2012 9:58 am

Well here in my country he is number 3!! If I remember correctly MAF debuted as number 2
Now junior behave yourself
EddieV
Supporter
Supporter

Postby Girl4Beats » Mon Feb 20, 2012 3:34 pm

Someone told me it was No. 1 on Billboard's Jazz Charts.

The album is great. Not my type of music. I would prefer ROCK and ROLL to Jazz. Hey! I am a Chile of the 1960's and that is where my tastes lie. I can listen to Almost all kinds of music but not for long. I guess I am a Snob.
Girl4Beats
Bronze member
Bronze member

Postby mr h atom » Mon Feb 20, 2012 5:58 pm

yes, dear friend, you are a musical snob... :wink: but that's o.k., everybody has their moments

btw, which generation do you think i'm from...???

m-m-my generation ?!

heck, yeah !!

but i still gleefully wallow in a musical palate that is wide and deep...where would our good ol' R&R be w/o the blues...without jazz...would we ever have had the uniqueness of queen or ELO w/o classical music....eagles or creedence w/o a bit of country...

i simply can't imagine a life w/o a great variety of music...the only tv shows i watch regularly, not willing to buy cable, are the music shows on pbs...ACL alone brings in all sorts of artist from all over the spectrum...this week on 'artists den' i got to see robert plant and the band of musical brothers which wrought the fantastic album 'band of joy': great album, great concert

but, don't worry, you've still got time to catch up... :ymparty:
lift up your head...and remember what your life is !
mr h atom
Gold member :)

Postby rosieposie » Mon Feb 20, 2012 6:31 pm

yeah, how fabulous to see Macca back in the UK charts again!
rosieposie

Postby chris » Tue Feb 21, 2012 12:21 am

once again, honorable brother h, very nicely put. although i might add that the major influence on jeff lynne's ELO (more even, than classical) would be the beatles and george martin.

but i get your pint. and i agree, as usual.

EDIT: sure i could change it, but what fun would that be? point, i meant. not pint. maybe...all i need is a pint a day...if i ever get out if here.

and goose island or sam adams is fine, if you're buying.
I want to tell her that I love her a lot, but I got to get a belly full of wine.
chris
Supporter
Supporter

Postby Girl4Beats » Tue Feb 21, 2012 7:49 am

Mr. H, didn't you say you had grown kids? I would think you are of my generation. Coming of age in the 1960's. Don't get me wrong. I DO like other kinds of music but I perfer ROCK over all others. I like a little country. I like a little jazz. I even like a little bubble gum (minus Britney Spears). I like bluegrass as long as no one sings. I love guitar of any type of music. I like steel guitars. I like bagpipes. I love me some Temptations. But I prefer ROCK.

I grew up listening to Sarah Vaughn, Harry Belafonte, the Big Band music, Grand Canyon Suite, Victory at Sea, Josh White, Frank Sinatra. But my parents listened to that. My sister listened to Elvis, Bobby Rydell, Gene Pitney, Rick Nelson. I liked Fabian myself. I came of age in music with The Beatles.

Yes I am a Musical Snob and I make no apologies about it either.
Girl4Beats
Bronze member
Bronze member

Postby mr h atom » Tue Feb 21, 2012 7:51 pm

absolutely no worries g4...thus the winky smiley

glad to know you're diverse...or perverse... :oops: ...erm...one of those erses

completely get that about the singing on most (though not all) bluegrass: if they can sing it w/emotion (rather than twang), i'm all for it...but that twang grates on me something fierce sometimes...

same for country, often : though most country these days is barely concealed pop-rock, methinks...and that is not nescessarily always such a good thing

and chris...i knew someone got my pint...now i know...now i know
lift up your head...and remember what your life is !
mr h atom

PreviousNext

Return to MACCA - all discussions