Paul has his clique of musician friends he hangs out with-
George's were pretty much the Wilburys and Eric Clapton.
John's was Harry Nillson and to some extent Elton John and David Bowie.
Ringo is friends w/everyone.
Paul's musician friends:
1. Neil Young - appearantly, Neil and his long-time wife were BFFs with Paul and Linda, all 4 of whom appreciated a good smoke of the doobie. That is why Neil inducted Paul to the R&RHOF- I guess they have a pretty close friendship.
2. David Gilmore -- has been turning up on Paul projects since GMRTBS-- Gilmore credits Paul with helping him reform Pink Floyd after Waters left.
3. Chrissie Hynde was close to Linda and hence Paul.
4. Elvis Costello has continually showed up at Paul events, despite being weary of him at first.
5. Pete Townsend -- has turned up on multiple Paul projects.
6. Phil Collins
7. Brian Wilson has cited Paul as being good to him over the years.
Now THAT would be quite a band...
Phil Collins on drums
Brian Wilson on keyboards
Pete Townsend and David Gilmour on guitar
Neil Young and Elvis Costello on rhythm guitar
Chrissie Hynde vocals/backing vocals
and of course Paul on bass
Everyone's talkin' 'bout the President
We all chip in for a bag of cement