Baby´s Request

Discussions of various topics about Paul not covered in the forums below.

Moderator: Mike

Re: Baby´s Request

Postby chris » Fri Feb 10, 2012 7:57 pm

i'm going to be honest, i've never spent that much time hating on any other team. i spend too much quality time hating on (or being disappointed in) my own. i think to actively hate another team is a learned experience. my kids have forever known i watch (and bleed) the cubs. but they've asked me, can i like the white sox too? of course you can. you can like any team you want to. and so they did. until my youngest was unfortunate enough to wear a cubs hat to school one day. on the bus were a couple of sox fans who ridiculed him for his hat. by the time he got off the bus...he hated the white sox and their fans for what happened. and that still lasts til this day.

listen bravefan, i can extend an olive branch. maybe mr h is right. i didn't have any derogatory word to say about your team. and god knows i am used to people ripping the cubs. hell, i don't think anyone rips them as often (or as badly) as i do. they are as dysfunctional as can be. but they are my dysfunctional team. so...lets be bigger people.

shake a hand? put it there? we can work it out, right? let's get on the right thing...because it's all about...letting go :oops:
I want to tell her that I love her a lot, but I got to get a belly full of wine.
chris
Supporter
Supporter

Postby mr h atom » Fri Feb 10, 2012 9:53 pm

c'mon kiddies...kiss and make up...la-la-la-lola and all that =))

...oh, yeah, i kill myself !!!

no...i don't need any help, thank you !
lift up your head...and remember what your life is !
mr h atom
Gold member :)

Postby 2 of 3 » Sat Feb 11, 2012 3:26 pm

Yeah, stop talking about Baseball...it's HOCKEY season! :YMHUG:
The World is a tangled up necklace of Pearls
2 of 3
Supporter
Supporter

Postby mr h atom » Sun Feb 12, 2012 12:09 am

hockey..?? do they still play that ?!?

just kidding, of course...
mr h atom

Postby bravefan » Mon Feb 13, 2012 8:47 am

I played off a comment made by MrH and I get attacked for it. I also get attacked for a comment that wasn't creative enough for you? And then I was called a child? I was having a little fun. I've actually lived through more bad Braves' years than good ones. The personal attacks I can do without. If i have offended, please forgive me. I'll tread lightly around you for now on. As for you MrH. beware...lol.
bravefan
Bronze member
Bronze member

Postby mr h atom » Mon Feb 13, 2012 7:44 pm

well....someone is not having a good valentines day season !!

me, i think the horns on this song, and on the album, really bring about a certain ambiance that, well...brings to mind wings: the early years...

so, lets hope their ebulant use will trigger a line-up addition for the next tour !
mr h atom

Postby ogoble » Fri Feb 17, 2012 5:48 pm

chris wrote:
mhnso wrote:. Glad Paul made a new version it s about time for the old man to discover his old work himself.

i agree wholeheartedly. i wouldn't mind him re-doing a lot of his back catalog.

I would love to see him re-do some of his (& his with John) oldies into a new cd. For example:
On the Wings of a Nightingale
And I Love Her
World Without Love
etc.
ogoble

Postby jgkojak » Sun Feb 19, 2012 3:52 am

This Baby's Request is indeed equal to the original - I say equal because you can't replace Linda's contribution. But this new one is fantastic- and shows Baby's to be a much higher quality song than he was given credit for at the time (I believe the very negative Rolling Stone review said "Baby's Request sounds so much like someone else's song it probably is" or something like that.
Everyone's talkin' 'bout the President
We all chip in for a bag of cement
jgkojak
Supporter
Supporter

Postby mr h atom » Mon Feb 20, 2012 1:49 am

y'know...i've never, ever let any 'reviewer' get in the way of making up my own mind...

i read reviews sometimes...dismiss them more often than not...

and tend, if i can help it, to only read any after i've viewed, read or listened to whatever the item may be...

i've loved BR since i 1st heard it, way back in the day...and love the new version, on it's own merits, as a new take on a classic gem...

people who worry about what a reviewer has to say...good or bad...is someone who can't make up their own mind to begin with

now...laughing at the stupidity of 'reviewers'...heck...real macca fans have been doing that for over 40 years, right ?
mr h atom

Previous

Return to MACCA - all discussions