it's the end of the world as i know it

Discussion for other music & artists

Moderator: Mike

Re: it's the end of the world as i know it

Postby mr h atom » Tue Dec 06, 2011 11:40 pm

ewww...since my kids all grew up, the only digging in the dirt i know is a great track from peter gabriel !

naw...i just try to shop local, and that goes for watching tv or listening to radio...off the air and pay the old fashioned way.

i still rent dvds (or, more often, bluray) and see most of the cable shows that way...only went to blockbuster once: spend all my $$ at more locally owned places...though, these days, even they're fewer and farther...

did redbox once, but prefer 'family video'

as someone recently said (and it might've been you, ee)...i'm a tactile shopper, i prefer to walk into an establishment, browse, touch, think, ponder...pounce
i, personally, have yet to download a single thing...dread the day not because i'm a noob about it...but because it just doesn't seem...right

right now, i'm content with hitting some site, say youtube, and just listening...usually while playing solitaire

that is, of course, other than talking over/hashing out over the finer points of whateverdom with you fine folks... :salute

right now...i'm listening to some sitar music off youtube while writing this... 8)
lift up your head...and remember what your life is !
mr h atom
Gold member :)

Postby Girl4Beats » Wed Dec 07, 2011 9:18 pm

I got cable when I retired. Those converter boxes are a bunch of crap and I enjoy watching TV. I don't have all the stuff. I have some movie channels that came with the package and I have HD on the TV in the front room ONLY. I like HD TV. Pretty nifty to me. I have a digital camera and still am learning to use it and I have it for 3 years now.

I have all Paul's DVD's. I have some PBS mysteries too. Do I have Help! and all those? No. I have them on VHS though. I will be getting all the Beatles movies on DVD as soon as I have some mad money to spend. I just had to change health insurances and get supplemental dental and vision and that is going to take $25-$30 out of my retirement pay and I have not seen a cost of living increase since I retired in Dec 2008. Unless, of course, taxes ate it up.

So I am still trying to enter the world of technology and not doing a very good job of it.

Where was I? I was going to comment on this and my train of thought has derailed.
Girl4Beats
Bronze member
Bronze member

Postby chris » Tue Feb 07, 2012 8:19 pm

never have listened to all that much 80's music. spent too much time getting to know the music from the previous decade(s). however, since the news of this breakup (brought to us with the usual enthusiasm of brother h) i decided to look into a few of their albums. i was always aware of r.e.m., of course...i just never bothered to take much notice. i was just a wee bit surprised how much of their stuff i not only knew, but liked. maybe even a lot.

thank you. it's never too late to be introduced to a chunk of music you can tap a foot to, or shake a booty to (and yes, when the lights are low and the fam is fast asleep, i am quite the booty shaker, myself).
I want to tell her that I love her a lot, but I got to get a belly full of wine.
chris
Supporter
Supporter

Postby mr h atom » Wed Feb 08, 2012 9:34 pm

there are/were some really good concerts of them, thru the years, on both hulu and youtube...probably won't see 'em live for some time/ever...so track 'em down: they put on fantastic shows

imho, you simply can't go to far wrong with any album straight on up to 'new adventures in hifi': everything, including the wane bros. stuff, up to that point is either very good or great

glad you're enjoying, brutha c
lift up your head...and remember what your life is !
mr h atom

Previous

Return to Music - Other Artists