Next `McCartney Archive` release ?

Discussions of various topics about Paul not covered in the forums below.

Moderator: Mike

Re: Next `McCartney Archive` release ?

Postby efghijiloveyou » Thu Feb 02, 2012 9:30 pm

Laz, I'm wondering if any of Paul's albums since Run Devil Run will get the 'archival' treatment at all. At Best Buy recently I saw Run Devil Run, Chaos, and Driving Rain all sporting the Hear Music label. That is to say, they already have been re-released, with no additional content.

G4B, I can see why you might not want to spend money to get music you already have, but these re-releases have a lot of additional songs. I quite like the extra music on the Band on the Run re-release.
efghijiloveyou
Bronze member
Bronze member

Postby jgkojak » Fri Feb 03, 2012 4:12 pm

What happened to Ram? I thought that was next up... certainly the release that would be the most mind-blowing as a remaster- and w/all sorts of juicy possibilities for bonus tracks.

Also looking forward to London Town and BTTE some day - both of these records seem mixed a little muddy- and I think even a modern remaster would really pull out all sorts of elements that we're missing.
Everyone's talkin' 'bout the President
We all chip in for a bag of cement
jgkojak
Supporter
Supporter

Postby Brainwashed » Mon Feb 06, 2012 7:26 pm

efghijiloveyou wrote:Laz, I'm wondering if any of Paul's albums since Run Devil Run will get the 'archival' treatment at all. At Best Buy recently I saw Run Devil Run, Chaos, and Driving Rain all sporting the Hear Music label. That is to say, they already have been re-released, with no additional content.

G4B, I can see why you might not want to spend money to get music you already have, but these re-releases have a lot of additional songs. I quite like the extra music on the Band on the Run re-release.

I do wish RDR and Chaos included bonus tracks. Because I know Chaos had a bunch on singles as well as the Japanese bonus track that never made it onto the official album here in America, as for Run Devil Run I know there was one song left off the album.

You think he'll finally release here in America Off The Ground: The Complete Works as a 2 CD set? Because I know his website's Jukebox has the Complete Works, so it may be possible.
Last edited by Brainwashed on Mon Feb 06, 2012 7:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Brainwashed
Bronze member
Bronze member

Postby Girl4Beats » Mon Feb 06, 2012 7:32 pm

efghi etc

So you are saying it would behoove me to check out the remasters and see what the deal is, right? I should get the remasters just for the bonus tracks?

You see, I am confused about all the fuss surrounding remasters. I just thought they were a bunch of songs already on other albums that were put out previously but now reading all this, I find that sometimes the sound might be a bit better and the bonus tracks are worth the price? Is that what I am hearing?
Girl4Beats
Bronze member
Bronze member

Postby efghijiloveyou » Mon Feb 06, 2012 8:59 pm

You bet, G. On Band on the Run, there's a bonus cd with 9 more tracks (including Helen Wheels, which is not featured on the album proper). There's also a bonus dvd (at least on the copy i got) with an hour and a half of live performances, videos, promos etc..from the era. On McCartney II, there are 8 bonus tracks. On McCartney, there are 7 bonus tracks. There's quite a bounty of bonus material on these 3 remasters alone and I have a feeling the best is yet to come. Also, there are some really great pictures in the booklets included with these remasters. So all in all, I think it's worth it to buy them again considering the upgrade in sound and all the bonuses.
efghijiloveyou
Bronze member
Bronze member

Postby mr h atom » Tue Feb 07, 2012 1:38 am

hopefully, 'ram' is only delayed a bit because of the hoopla over KOTB...

i'm sure all the remasters, g4, would be worthwhile as long as you do your research before you buy

and save all your pennies...they ain't cheap !

frinstance: if you want the full monty on my beloved 'mccartney II'...it's $50 and up !!!

and all, now and into the future, will vary upon which version you end up deciding to sink your retirement fund... :oops: i mean...extra cash into :wink:

i keep putting them on my christmas list...and all i get is a lump of coal....go figure
lift up your head...and remember what your life is !
mr h atom
Gold member :)

Postby efghijiloveyou » Tue Feb 07, 2012 9:21 pm

I don't know how much local economy plays a part here, Mr. H, but I bought McCartney, McCartney II and Band on the Run all for around $20 apiece (Including Band on the Run which also had a dvd). I have seen versions of these albums, however for more than $100 at Best Buy, but those fancier versions didn't give comparable value in bonuses for me.
efghijiloveyou
Bronze member
Bronze member

Postby mr h atom » Wed Feb 08, 2012 12:26 am

well, for me...i would go for the cheaper versions except the more expensive ones do carry alot of extra stuff, beyond the less expensive version...

in the case of my beloved, the big $$ version would/is the only way to get a legal, certifiable complete version of the original, unedited, 2 lp/disc version that the record label refused to publish; the complete version, in its original form, is not fully available on the lesser versions...

since i already have that 2 lp, unedited version, on vinyl (on club sandwich records, thank you)...i can't see paying the god-like sum to get it...unless, as i've said, i suddenly play and win the lottery...

and so far, i'm fairly happy with my old copy on cd...so....

on these, it is to each his own...but the more expensive versions of each, so far, have had more stuff on them compared to the less expensive ones and one should consider all aspects before leaping
lift up your head...and remember what your life is !
mr h atom

Postby mhnso » Wed Feb 08, 2012 3:13 pm

The most expensive versions of the remasters can be considred not only for the extramaterial but also for the books that are included. I have the deluxeeditions of Mvvartney and Mccartney 2 and the books are a real treat. Ecspecially Mr H beloved one get a real royal treatment with picturs of the actual recedings, stories how they were made etc. That makes these deluxeeditions special. The prices are insane but those deluxeeditions that now flood the market by lot s of artists have people in their middleages with some money as targets. I think I will buy some deluxeeditions in the future but you can t t buy them all. Another thing is that the deluxeeditions are individually numbered and limited so they will have a collectors value. For instance I bought a box with all of Frank Sinatras capitol albums some years ago and payed about 150 dollars. I now see this beaty on sale for the ridicolus sum of 1900 dollars. So there is always a chance of getting some money back But on the other hand I never would sell it.
mhnso
Silver member
Silver member

Postby Brainwashed » Wed Mar 14, 2012 8:54 pm

Brainwashed
Bronze member
Bronze member

PreviousNext

Return to MACCA - all discussions