Paul to play Chichen Itzá, México

Discussions of all gigs and tours over the years.

Moderator: Mike

Paul to play Chichen Itzá, México

Postby eggman1979 » Fri Jan 20, 2012 12:36 pm

Today I woke up with this news. All mexican media is talking about a CONFIRMED concert of Paul McCartney in Chichen Itzá, Yucatán, Mexico in late March or early April 2012. I just found these news in spanish and german, couldn't find them in english.

This is in spanish. Basically, it says the government of the mexican state of Yucatán has almost finished the negotiations for the concert, the only thing missing is the exact date:

http://www.eluniversal.com.mx/espectaculos/110754.html

This is in german:

http://www.morgenpost.de/newsticker/dpa ... -Itza.html
We can make it to Mexico City...AGAIN!!!!!
eggman1979
Bronze member
Bronze member

Re: Paul to play Chichen Itzá, México

Postby Girl4Beats » Sun Jan 22, 2012 12:03 pm

What? The Aztecs, or is it the Mayans, will be shaking their groove thing in March. That man sure does get around. He is over hyper? ADHD? Is that right?
Girl4Beats
Bronze member
Bronze member

Postby eggman1979 » Sun Jan 22, 2012 3:51 pm

Girl4Beats wrote:What? The Aztecs, or is it the Mayans, will be shaking their groove thing in March. That man sure does get around. He is over hyper? ADHD? Is that right?

Chichen Itzá it's a city built by the Maya civilization located in the southern state of Yucatán. Its best known structure is the Kukulcán temple called El castillo (The castle). It's a World Heritage Site by the UNESCO and also was named one of the New seven wonders of the world in July 2007. Since then, local government has tried to promote this site by offering shows of well-known music stars. Some musician who has performed in Chichen Itzá are Lucciano Pavarotti, Sarah Brightman and Sir Elton John. Here's a video from Elton John's concert in 2010:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cAcz_JTqSRc

I found this link in english about the concert. It's from a local newspaper's site, though it metions a "goodbye tour". I don't give it much credit. Though, here's the link:

http://www.theyucatantimes.com/2012/01/ ... chen-itza/
eggman1979
Bronze member
Bronze member

Postby Girl4Beats » Sun Jan 22, 2012 5:57 pm

Thanks eggman,

I knew it was either one but my brain is fuzzy and I can't remember whether Aztecs or Mayans settled that area.
Girl4Beats
Bronze member
Bronze member

Postby chris » Mon Jan 23, 2012 11:03 pm

hey eggman, i hope you get a chance to see him. have you seen him before?
I want to tell her that I love her a lot, but I got to get a belly full of wine.
chris
Supporter
Supporter

Postby Mike » Tue Jan 24, 2012 12:06 am

Now wouldn't it be like Paul to book Dec. 21st 2012, this is the date some people claim the Mayan say the world will end. Their calendar ends, so some people jump to all these apocalypse conclusions. Maybe they just ran out of paper, or in their case stone to make the next calendar.

After all they say all the planets are suppose to line up, and you know Venus & Mars are alright.
Mike Kovacich
www.macca-central.com . . . . . . . . . . . . www.maccaradio.com
The Paul McCartney FUNSITE . . . . . . . . The Voice of The Beatles
Mike
Gold member :)
Gold member :)

Postby eggman1979 » Tue Jan 24, 2012 12:31 pm

chris wrote:hey eggman, i hope you get a chance to see him. have you seen him before?

Thanks Chris. The answer is yes, I've seen him twice. Saturday November 2nd 2002 and Thursday May 27th 2010. And I also saw Ringo Starr last November 1st 2011 so now I can say I saw half of The Beatles :lol:

Thanks again for your whishes. Honestly, If this thing comes true and Paul performs in Chichen Itzá I'm afraid I won't be able to go there cause the distance is considerably huge, at least for me. As an example, it's like If I was living in Los Angeles or San Diego and the concert was in Houston, or maybe New Orleans. But that's the least of the problems, the main one would be the ticket's price. The place's capacity is limited, some people say there will be only 5000 fans and only some wealthy people will be there. I mean, when Elton John performed there tickets were over a thousand dollars each. Yes, maybe I have that money but I rather preffer use it for more important things. The thing is, local government makes this to bring in tourism and they promote the event internationally so people around the world interested in visiting this site can find another reason to go there. It's like Paul's concert at the Rome Colloseum in 2003, If you know what I mean.

Yes, I'd love to see Paul again but I'm not sad at all. I'm going to see Elton John next March 3 (and I just noticed he's coming with Ray Cooper!) and Roger Water's The wall next April 29th. But yes, I'd change those 2 concerts just to be able to see Paul just one more time.
eggman1979
Bronze member
Bronze member

Postby Girl4Beats » Tue Jan 24, 2012 4:02 pm

If the world ends Dec 21, 2012 and Paul is playing a concert, let's hope it's a world wide viewing concert then everyone can go to their respective makers a happy camper. But I have my doubts. Remember 2000 when all electronics were supposed to screw up and no one would be able to use a cell or something other electronic device? The banks would have to go back to doing work by hand rather than computer?

I just don't see it happening. Some religious leader a few years ago said the world was going to end and it didn't and then he had to come back and say he made an error in calculation. I will believe it when I see it.

But I would LOVE to see Paul in concert one more time but ticket prices are way out of my league now. Last concert was 2002 in DC.
Girl4Beats
Bronze member
Bronze member

Postby Tiger » Wed Jan 25, 2012 9:06 pm

Well THAT figures! I'll be in the Yucatan Penninsula next month!

by the way, if any of you get a chance to visit Isla Mujeres. DO IT!!! It's a great little island just off the coast from Cancun in the Mexican Carribean. This will be my second trip there. Can't wait to go! We went to Chichen Itza when we were there last and I can tell you. . . that place is MAGICAL! Well worth getting up early and spending the whole day driving through the jungle! :-BD
Tiger

Postby Girl4Beats » Sat Jan 28, 2012 4:17 pm

Well Tiger,

I met Paul at the State Department in 2001 and got his autograph so my next thing will be to go to England. I have been planning to go to England since 1964 and through the years one thing or another has halted it. A move. A job. A house. Redecorating a house. But this time I am going for sure. My nephew and I will be going May 2013, if all goes well, and I will Finally get to tell everyone I FINALLY made it to England. We are going for one week. I hope I can see The Beatles London and The Beatles Liverpool and still see the other sights in one week. I guess I will be non-stop moving once I get there.

I would love to go to Cancun but England is my main priority before I leave this earthly plane.
Girl4Beats
Bronze member
Bronze member

Next

Return to MACCA-Concerts & Tours