what songs are better live than in the studio?

Discussions of all gigs and tours over the years.

Moderator: Mike

Re: what songs are better live than in the studio?

Postby Girl4Beats » Sun Jan 22, 2012 11:57 am

wingflying,

I have got to agree with all but I like Figure of Eight as live rather than studio.
Girl4Beats
Bronze member
Bronze member

Postby wingflying » Mon Jan 23, 2012 7:12 pm

wingflying wrote:Things we said today and Got to get you into my life (Tripping the live fantastic versions) are probably the only songs, that I enjoy more with the live version of Paul than with the studio version of the Beatles, but i do enjoy a lot the beatles versions.

Waaaah!! How can you better "Got To Get You Into My Life" from Revolver...absolutely nothing from that album could ever be bettered either live or as re-recordings....It was a sublime moment in time!! The Beatles at their peak......and Penny Lane?? These recordings are the Holy Grail, you just can't touch them!! ^:)^

I just like them more!!! there´s not any rule, It's not a crime, I hear the music just for fun you know... I don't even care what makes a song better, i'm not a musician or a profesional music critic, I just know that when I heard them, they make me feel very good, It makes me want to be in the concert!!!, that's all.

I love the Beatles versions (obviosly) and I think it is imposible to replay them exactly as they sound in the record or improve them (and in fact, I don't see the point of trying) but the thing is that if it makes me feel better when I heard them, then to me are better versions.

If Paul would think that these song are untouchables, he would never played them live, and thank God he re-play many Beatles songs for all the fans to enjoy as much as we want :)
wingflying

Postby chris » Mon Jan 23, 2012 8:03 pm

actually, wingy, you make a decent point. when paul plays live (and i'm talking specifically about this band) it is as if he occasionally gives them permission to ad lib (a bit) or...allows them to help make the ( solo, drum fill, whatever) theirs. like in back in the ussr and paperback writer. and on some songs...he wants it note for note just like the studio version (all my loving comes to mind)

it is that (slight) variable that makes his concerts exciting. seeing all my loving in 2002 (?) note for note like the original (while the jumbotron showed images of the early beatles running around) was very smart...evoking the excitment of beatlemania. but seeing his tight band sit back and jam for a while...hey brother, thats what live music is all about.
I want to tell her that I love her a lot, but I got to get a belly full of wine.
chris
Supporter
Supporter

Postby Girl4Beats » Tue Jan 24, 2012 3:55 pm

Perxactly,

I know what I like and if I like what I hear and it makes me feel good then that's all that matters.
Girl4Beats
Bronze member
Bronze member

Postby efghijiloveyou » Wed Jan 25, 2012 9:36 pm

And I yam what I yam and that's all what I yam.
efghijiloveyou
Bronze member
Bronze member

Postby Girl4Beats » Sat Jan 28, 2012 4:03 pm

efghi etc.

Correct you are!
Girl4Beats
Bronze member
Bronze member

Previous

Return to MACCA-Concerts & Tours