MACCA to perform at Grammy's & taping "Kisses" TV special

Discussions of various topics about Paul not covered in the forums below.

Moderator: Mike

MACCA to perform at Grammy's & taping "Kisses" TV special

Postby Mike » Mon Jan 09, 2012 10:23 am

Mike Kovacich
www.macca-central.com . . . . . . . . . . . . www.maccaradio.com
The Paul McCartney FUNSITE . . . . . . . . The Voice of The Beatles
Mike
Gold member :)

Re: MACCA to perform at Grammy's & taping "Kisses" TV specia

Postby mhnso » Mon Jan 09, 2012 1:23 pm

That should be good for spreading the news about this album. Also good to see that the writer enjoyed this album couldn t agree more. This is a great new effort from Paul and his two originals are also songs of a calibre Pauls doesn t put out very often these days. Also interseting to see who played the wonderful jazzviolin on Paper moon. I have difficulties to explain how pleased I am with this album, great songs, outstanding musicianship and some of Pauls best vocalefforts in a very long time. When I think about it he made some of his greatset vocaldeliveries on Run Devi Run and now this, There seems to bee a connection between Paul the vocalist and coveralbums. With that said I think he sings good to great on most albums but on this album and Run Devil Run the vocaldelivery is the mainthing
mhnso
Silver member
Silver member

Postby Harrythebannister » Mon Jan 09, 2012 3:09 pm

I wonder if this live show is the same exclusive download available with the deluxe edition of the album.
Man I could smell your breath a mile away.
Harrythebannister
Supporter
Supporter

Postby mr h atom » Mon Jan 09, 2012 6:39 pm

stevie wonder...? eric clapton..?? diane krall..???
tommy lipuma..??!?!!

POSERS ?!?!?

NAY, SAY I !!

...we all know who the real posers are....

everything i read about this album makes me want to buy it even more !!

mhnso...your continued championing of it...coupled with your assertion that it has the same high level of artistic qualities as RDR...just adds to that feeling

feb. just cannot get here soon enough
lift up your head...and remember what your life is !
mr h atom

Postby chris » Mon Jan 09, 2012 7:27 pm

performing at the grammy's? and his own tv special? do the networks know about this? i mean, they do know paul is turning 70, right...?

could he finally be celebrated as a living national treasure?

for years i thought he didn't get his due in the music industry. i thought he was considered by critics (and maybe even his peers) as being a lightweight songwriter whose best was clearly behind him. i thought others (eric clapton, bonnie raitt, santana) recieved their "lifetime achievement" awards via network airtime and (mostly meaningless) award show appearances. but...maybe...paul is finally getting some recognition for what he's given us.

maybe?
I want to tell her that I love her a lot, but I got to get a belly full of wine.
chris
Supporter
Supporter

Postby mr h atom » Tue Jan 10, 2012 12:58 am

well...he was on the grammys just a few years back...and the super bowl...and the kennedy center honors thing...nad he's appeared on 'snl' quite a few times...and his peers seem to have no problems: stevie wonder on TOW...dave gilmore on RDR...ronny wood at that concert recently...tony bennet calling him in for his album...dave grohl & peter buck (among others of the newer generation) name checking him...'waterfalls' covered by one r&b group awhile back...'yesterday' by another just a few years back...cameron crowe loves him....scissor sisters love him...his dance/trance astuff with youth was, if i recall, a hit with that crowd 'back-in-the-day'...all his albums, for the last several decades have gotten good to great reviews...his tours are more than well reviewed...my beloved (mac2) got very good reviews upon its recent remaster

...and that's living INTERNATIONAL TREASURE to you, bub ! 8-}
mr h atom

Postby mhnso » Tue Jan 10, 2012 2:16 am

Yeah mr h atom I will continue to champion this album because it s a great one. Right now I am listening to Maccas incredible reading of Get yourself another fool complete with amazing guitarlicks from I think another wellknown guy Eric Clapton. Of course I also look forward to a new rockalbum but this beauty is so much better than I expected. Laidback, calm and with a true touch of musical genius. I am sure this one will be a keeper for the ages. Also Maccas two originals are extremely wellcrafted song with melodies I frankly didn t think Macca still had in him. I can understand some people prefer rock n rill and what one likes or not is personal. But dear Laz writing about poseurs is plain ridicilous when it comes to an album like this. Even though I am well aware that that particular aussie boy likes to write in a negative way. Still I enjoy his writing they are funny in a maybe not intentional way
Last edited by mhnso on Tue Jan 10, 2012 5:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
mhnso
Silver member
Silver member

Postby EddieV » Tue Jan 10, 2012 2:31 am

I´m excited as well :-h
Now junior behave yourself
EddieV
Supporter
Supporter

Postby mr h atom » Tue Jan 10, 2012 3:27 pm

there was a moment...in the 'chaos..' tv special, where macca sang a kinda smoky, jazzy, from the heart re-interpretation of 'lady madonna'...

which kinda floored me...

'cause it made me think that all those pastiches...from 'your mother should know' and 'honey pie' to 'you gave me the answer' and 'babys request' were more than a bit of whimsy...that maybe he had a bit of a jazz man hiding insede

upon hearing about this album from way back...i hoped that that would be the spirit with which he might approach the music...the inclusion of diane krall and others began to build a realistic expectation that that was, in fact, what he was going for with this set....

everything mhnso has said builds on that and leads me to believe that he has, indeed, done precisely that...

if 'my valentine' alone is any indication of the way the album, as a whole, has been rendered...i have no doubts that it will be a simply magnificent piece of work

for all those with a mindset so stuck on having a 'rock and roll' album...sorry...there's about 20-30 great R&R albums this guy has done...

as far as i can recall...he hasn't done a jazz-ish album until now...calm down, roll around a little...get over it...

the rock will probably be next, quit yer whining...it's unseemly =;
mr h atom

Return to MACCA - all discussions