Will you download the new album?

Discussions of various topics about Paul not covered in the forums below.

Moderator: Mike

Will you download the new album?

Postby EddieV » Wed Dec 28, 2011 3:16 pm

I mean before.(illegal) its official release??

Well I wont as a rule not download new albums, I can wait. But I will be buying it on the releasedate.
Now junior behave yourself
EddieV
Supporter
Supporter

Re: Will you download the new album?

Postby Harrythebannister » Wed Dec 28, 2011 6:47 pm

I have the mp3 but this won't stop me buying the official release when it comes out. I have to have a physical copy to keep my collection up to date and the low bitrate mp3 I have, will only serve as a pre-release taster for the final release.
Man I could smell your breath a mile away.
Harrythebannister
Supporter
Supporter

Postby efghijiloveyou » Wed Dec 28, 2011 8:47 pm

I can wait for the physical copy. I don't download illegally, unless it's something that's officially unavailable.
efghijiloveyou
Bronze member
Bronze member

Postby mr h atom » Wed Dec 28, 2011 9:38 pm

no...i will buy a physical copy, date & date, if i can help it...

nor will i buy off amazon, no matter what the price difference...unless i cannot find one around here...or the package offers alot of extra stuff

i cannot even seeing myself downloading a boot that is not or probably has no chance of being released. : there's enough stuff out there, right now, one could easily put together quite a selection of stuff not available...but i just can't quite cross that ethical line...guess i'm a little too old fashioned to, basically, rip any artist off like that

now...just listening/streaming...like i already do off youtube and other places ??

probably.

maybe...but my psyche will not, at this time, tolerate me not buying the physical form...heck...i won't even buy a kindle, and i read alot !

i need a book/magazine/newspaper, not a gizmo
lift up your head...and remember what your life is !
mr h atom
Gold member :)
Gold member :)

Postby mhnso » Thu Dec 29, 2011 3:23 am

Already have a poordownload of the album on my computer - wanted to hear it. Stil I will buy a physical copy probably the deluxeedition. Generally I don t download or stream much music since I own so many records. In this case I wanted to hear the sound of the album(great if you ask me) since it already was out.
The record -the way I grew up with is dead. My two sons - in their twenties would hardly dream of buing a record and the same goes for most people . All the deluxeeditions of old albums target buyers like me - middleaged with some money.
Anyway - music will always be there and I for one is happy to have lived through the golden age of LP:s and even cd:s.
Funny titled almum Maccas new one don t you think - still it s a great vocalalbum .
mhnso
Silver member
Silver member

Postby Girl4Beats » Thu Dec 29, 2011 3:47 pm

I echo Mr. H's sentiments exactly. I personally LOVE the "old" LP's and such. I am a big fan of the vinyl medium. Not to say I don't have 8-tracks, casssettes, VHS, DVD's but I am a fan of the vinyl. I will buy this album even if I only listen to it once just to have it in the COLLECTION.

And I am unanimous in that.
Girl4Beats
Bronze member
Bronze member

Postby edrebber » Sun Jan 01, 2012 3:14 pm

The artist can't possibly be ripped off by downloads of material they haven't released. When the artist gets around to releasing the material, just buy it at that point.
edrebber

Postby mhnso » Mon Jan 02, 2012 1:47 pm

Of course the artist get ripped of if people dowwnload before an album release. I ll buy it anyway
mhnso
Silver member
Silver member

Postby james1985 » Mon Jan 02, 2012 4:45 pm

I might listen to the odd thing, but I'll probably just wait
May sweet memories of friends from the past
Always comes to you, when you look for them
james1985
Supporter
Supporter

Return to MACCA - all discussions