Track list for new album

Discussions of various topics about Paul not covered in the forums below.

Moderator: Mike

Track list for new album

Postby jgkojak » Thu Dec 22, 2011 3:12 am

http://www.examiner.com/beatles-in-nati ... ming-album

Here's the leaked (and unofficial) tracklist. :

1. "I'm Gonna Sit Right Down and Write Myself a Letter" (Fred E. Ahlert/Joe Young) 2:36 (recorded by many including Dean Martin (second version from TV show), Frank Sinatra, Billy Williams, Fats Waller, Bing Crosby, Nat King Cole, Bill Haley and the Comets.)
2. "Home (When Shadows Fall)" 4:04 (recorded by Sam Cooke)
3. "It's Only a Paper Moon" (Harold Arlen/E. Y. Harburg/Billy Rose) 2:35 (recorded by Nat King Cole, Bobby Darin and Ella Fitzgerald)
4. "More I Cannot Wish You" (Loesser) 3:03 (from "Guys & Dolls," recorded by Ed Ames, written by Frank Loesser. Paul McCartney sang at a Loesser tribute.)
5. "The Glory of Love" (Hill) 3:45 (Dean Martin, Jimmy Durante)
6. "We Three (My Echo, My Shadow and Me)" (Dorsey/Robertson/Mysels) 3:22 (Frank Sinatra, Bill Kenny, Brenda Lee)
7. "Ac-Cent-Tchu-Ate the Positive" (Harold Arlen/Johnny Mercer) 2:31 (Sam Cooke, Louis Armstrong, Peggy Lee)
8. "My Valentine" (Paul McCartney) 3:14
9. "Always" (Irving Berlin) 3:49 (Frank Sinatra, Patsy Cline)
10. "My Very Good Friend the Milkman" (Burke/Spina) 3:04 (Fats Waller)
11. "Bye Bye Blackbird" (Ray Henderson/Mort Dixon) 4:26 (Ringo Starr, Julie London, Liza Minnelli, Peggy Lee, Joe Cocker, Josephine Baker)
12. "Get Yourself Another Fool" (Forrest/Heywood) 4:42 (there is one song recorded Sam Cooke, Arthur Conley and Patty Griffin and a different one - a doo wop song - recorded by the Tempo Tones, but it's more likely it's the Sam Cooke song.)
13. "The Inch Worm" (Loesser) 3:42 (Danny Kaye, Mary Hopkin written by Frank Loesser)
14. "Only Our Hearts" (Paul McCartney) 4:21
Everyone's talkin' 'bout the President
We all chip in for a bag of cement
jgkojak
Supporter
Supporter

Re: Track list for new album

Postby mhnso » Thu Dec 22, 2011 1:13 pm

This is a fine track list if there ever was one.I have most of these songs in different versions mainly from Frank Sinatra since I am the happy owner of the boxed complete Capitol albums, some I have with Sam Cooke and some with other singers. Most of the songs are very fine and I think they suits Maccas voice. Paper moon is a very nice song that also was the leadsong from a seventies movie with the same name. Im gonna sit right down and write myself a letter is an uptempo song that actually Ronine Lane made a very nice version of. Guess these are the music Paul heard his father play in the days before rockn roll so it s not that far stretch for him I look very much forward to this album I love the musical style of the great american songbook and I love Macca and I also vey much admire Diana Krall so this will be great
mhnso
Silver member
Silver member

Re: Track list for new album

Postby Girl4Beats » Thu Dec 22, 2011 7:34 pm

I don't have any of these songs in my collection but I have heard every one of them at one time or another and I agree with mhnso that Paul's voice is finely suited to these songs.
Girl4Beats
Bronze member
Bronze member

Return to MACCA - all discussions