Paul and Ronnie Wood London O2 5th of Dec 2011

This is where you can post multi-media links for Paul McCartney, John Lennon, Ringo Starr, The Beatles and Beatles-related.

Moderator: Mike

Re: Paul and Ronnie Wood London O2 5th of Dec 2011

Postby mr h atom » Wed Dec 07, 2011 9:16 pm

no offense...but that (calling themselves beatles-the next gen) could very, very easily be the worst possible scenario if they want a future in the business...

i'm afraid IF they called themselves that...and it was not a 110% smash of extrordinary artistic achievement...?

the world would drive them quickly and entirely to an early professional grave...

now, if they did something together, were completely silent about who they were and quietly released it...only to unmask if the music world reacts with near unanimous critical aclaim...then do the reveal...that might be something

then they'd earn it rightly, without people prejudging...without prejudice either way
lift up your head...and remember what your life is !
mr h atom
Gold member :)

Postby Girl4Beats » Wed Dec 07, 2011 9:21 pm

Atom,

You're right. I didn't think the scenario through to the end. Still . . . . not announcing who they are, like Klatu, and then find out who they really are AFTER the music was well received might be a good thing.
Girl4Beats
Bronze member
Bronze member

Postby chris » Wed Dec 07, 2011 9:27 pm

i think it would be a bad idea on several levels.

as an artist...don't you want to be known, to be celebrated for your own achievements?

it would be a cheap marketing ploy. nothing more. and i'm glad the young-un's have avoided doing anything like that.

i'd see a beatles sound alike band if they were playing nearby. but i wouldn't buy their record. even if it consisted of children of beatles. that'd just be a novelty act. and probably one that would wear thin quickly. i'd hope they have more pride than that.
I want to tell her that I love her a lot, but I got to get a belly full of wine.
chris
Supporter
Supporter

Postby Girl4Beats » Thu Dec 08, 2011 12:41 pm

Okay. Bad Idea?
Girl4Beats
Bronze member
Bronze member

Postby mr h atom » Thu Dec 08, 2011 6:19 pm

no worries, g...your heart was in the right place...
mr h atom

Postby Girl4Beats » Thu Dec 08, 2011 6:51 pm

This has nothing to do with Ron Wood and Paul McCartney.

I started a thread once but forgot how. Will someone please instruct me in the fine art of starting a thread again. Why the hell do they call it a "thread"?

Thanks All.
Girl4Beats
Bronze member
Bronze member

Postby Girl4Beats » Thu Dec 08, 2011 9:32 pm

Mike,

So I won't post one. I need to ask a question. Yesterday, Dec 7, when I logged in and saw Bob's report and photos I was thrilled but today those photos are gone. The report is still there but the 5 or so slide shows and the 3 photos are gone. At least I can't find them. And a friend of mine who logged in says she got into his report and all she got was one long thin narrative down the middle of the page.

Are you having problems? If not you, I certainly am and so is my friend. Any ideas?
Girl4Beats
Bronze member
Bronze member

Postby mr h atom » Fri Dec 09, 2011 1:21 am

the posting thing is simple...right now, if you are reading this, you are in the thread about the ron wood/paul jam...to add a new post, just navigate to this areas (or any areas) main page, here/now that would be 'beatles multimedia' and it should be in the upper left hand corner of each main page

as to the rest...i firmly believe it has as much to do with how much mind altering substances one has imbibed (or is having some sort of hippies flashback over) recently as anything else...my suggestion...lay off the pringles, especially those supreme pizza flavored ones..you never know what kind of mushrooms they might use just to save a penny 8)
mr h atom

Postby blmeanie » Fri Dec 09, 2011 8:54 am

chris wrote:paul simon was already slated to be that weeks musical guest. so they performed together. great piece of live music...and live tv.

So that be the source of a version of Here Comes the Sun I have of Paul Simon and George? It sounds like a small audience so that fits with SNL.
blmeanie

Previous

Return to McCartney - Beatles Mult-Media