Songs that have been too long in the setlist

Discussions of various topics about Paul not covered in the forums below.

Moderator: Mike

Songs that have been too long in the setlist

Postby EddieV » Sun Dec 04, 2011 10:38 am

My vote goes to Dance Tonight, change this please!!

Other Let Me Roll It! Maybe change this with Coming Up
Now junior behave yourself
EddieV
Supporter
Supporter

Re: Songs that have been too long in the setlist

Postby chris » Sun Dec 04, 2011 12:03 pm

funny, let me roll it gets no love from fans here. not only do i think it is a great song...but it plays even better live. and every time i see it live, there is an audible "gasp" when he starts playing it...even from casual fans. i think he should keep playing it as long as he can keep singing it. the guitar work rocks in this song. wix gets to stretch out. it is a great band effort. it's always one of the highlights of the show. and...it is an important part, usually marking the end of the guitar set and the beginning of the acoustic set, or the beginning of the piano set.

www.keepplayingletmerollit.org. and i approve of this message.

i love the way this band plays coming up. i know fans who are sick of this song. but it's been a while since he's done it live. i say bring it back.

got to get you into my life is one i may not have to see live again. or drive my car. but that's about it. and if i got to see him live again...and he played these...i'd be more than fine with it. at his age...i'm going to choose to be happy with whatever he does.
I want to tell her that I love her a lot, but I got to get a belly full of wine.
chris
Supporter
Supporter

Postby Girl4Beats » Sun Dec 04, 2011 1:48 pm

The all time faves. Hey Jude, Live and Let Die, My Love, DAMN! I can't think of the other. These songs may be very good but the man has a whole collection of songs that he has never sung in concert or only a few times at best. London Town, Red Rose Speedway, Ram, Flaming Pie, and Run Devil Run. Then there are the songs from his days with The Beatles.

He has a whole slew of songs he have never sung on concert. Like I said, who is going to tell him this?
Girl4Beats
Bronze member
Bronze member

Postby efghijiloveyou » Sun Dec 04, 2011 5:14 pm

As much as I love his back catalog, I'll admit I'd like to see him live without having to hear Hey Jude, Let it Be, Get Back and a few other of his greatest hits. He's got so many songs that weren't hits but are great nontheless. I'd like to see a show consisting completely of songs he's rarely or never performed live, providing he could still sing them.
efghijiloveyou
Bronze member
Bronze member

Postby Girl4Beats » Sun Dec 04, 2011 8:48 pm

efghi,

That's the bloody song I couldn't remember, Let It Be. Yes I agree. He should do a concert of songs he has NEVER sung in concert before.
Girl4Beats
Bronze member
Bronze member

Postby mr h atom » Sun Dec 04, 2011 11:14 pm

ooo...i have acolytes !!

it's that mind control thing...i swear

rawk on ee-ef & gee-4 !! show those wimps the light of da trooth !!

do i hear an amen, brothers ?!
lift up your head...and remember what your life is !
mr h atom
Gold member :)

Postby efghijiloveyou » Sun Dec 04, 2011 11:24 pm

There are plenty of great songs to please any Macca fan even without performing the most well known ones. In fact, wouldn't most serious Paul fans appreciate it if he dropped some of the more, shall we say, road-weary songs? But then again, we as McCartney fans are very spoiled by the enormous back catalog the man has. Most touring bands would be lucky indeed to have a fraction of the material Paul has to pick from. Oh well, I don't really mind- weare talking about ONE OF THE BEATLES!
efghijiloveyou
Bronze member
Bronze member

Postby chris » Sun Dec 04, 2011 11:34 pm

i think, efghij, that paul doesn't play to his most serious fans. i think he plays for his casual fans...the one's that must see hey jude, let it be and live and let die.

safe to assume most of us would just as happily see stuff from ram, FP or memory (or, insert whatever your favorite rare paul track is)...

could he not know there is a market for all of his unreleased studio stuff, unreleased concerts, or alternate stuff? he's a pretty big deal to a lot of people. and just us, his base fan core...is enough to get one of his new albums up to a chart position in the top 5. we may not be able to sustain it...but we'd get it in the top 5 or 10. if...he cares about something like that.
I want to tell her that I love her a lot, but I got to get a belly full of wine.
chris
Supporter
Supporter

Postby Greg » Mon Dec 05, 2011 12:10 am

Drop These Songs From The List:
Drive My Car
Eleanor Rigby
Let Me Roll It
Here Today
Something
Dance Tonight
Hey Jude
Replace Them With:
What Your Doing
Lovely Rita
On The Way
Listen To What The Man Said
Eat At Home
Young Boy
Martha My Dear
Greg

Postby mr h atom » Mon Dec 05, 2011 12:13 am

bold greg leaps for the 3 pointer and ...makes it ! :cheers
lift up your head...and remember what your life is !
mr h atom

Next

Return to MACCA - all discussions