Tour Memories

Discussions of all gigs and tours over the years.

Moderator: Mike

Tour Memories

Postby airdog » Sun May 19, 2002 11:53 pm

Edited by - airdog on 06/02/2002 14:33:05
airdog

Postby Ram1 » Mon May 20, 2002 12:00 am

Good question, A-dog. Wow..so many memories..that's a tough one. I definitely have to agree that the Hey Jude "singalong" is at least in the top-3 highlights. That was amazing. I wish they would have turned the houselights up in DC as well, for the full effect, but oh well. It felt so amazing singing the "nah nah nah nah" along with thousands of other people. You felt like you were a part of something bigger than just a "rock concert." I felt a connection with every other soul there. It might sound corny to some, but it's true. It was one of the most amazing moments I've ever felt at any concert. I was so dissapointed when Paul finally ended it. I wish he had let it go on for another, as you said, 45 minutes.
Ram1

Postby Ram1 » Mon May 20, 2002 12:10 am

Yeah, man. I don't care what ANYBODY says, during a moment like that, it's definitely something "beyond" or "higher" than a "rock concert."

Hmm..let's see...Well, of course another one would be when Paul first took the stage. Man what a rush that was!! After the pre-show built it up for so long, to finally hear that huge guitar chord, then see the screen go white, with the huge picture of the Hofner, then see Paul's sillouette appear, and he's behind there lifting his arms and waving, trying to get the crowd all riled up, and then the screen finally lifts, and then he appears....oh man, that was just simply amazing. I felt like a teenage girl in 1965 at Shea. I just wanted to rush the stage and give the man a hug.
Ram1

Postby Ram1 » Mon May 20, 2002 12:42 am

Ha ha. Great story though, buddy. You could write a book about all your memories. But hey, everything happens (or doesn't happen), for a reason. Maybe if you went, you would have gotten run over on the way there by a young Shirley, trying to escape your dad after pulling off her first bank robbery.
Ram1

Postby Ram1 » Mon May 20, 2002 12:50 am

One more memory from the recent DR tour, then I gotta hit the rack. Another great memory for me was when Paul let out this absolutely massive, primal scream in the middle of 'I Saw Her Standing There.' It really shocked me. This scream that Paul let out filled the entire arena, and I was like , YEAH!! F*****G A!! (Well, not exactly, but that's what I was feeling.) There was one other time when Paul let out one of these screams, but I can't remember during which song.
Ram1

Postby Ram1 » Mon May 20, 2002 12:56 am

quote:No doubt!Ever see the movie "Frequency" with Dennis Quaid? Maybe if I'd gone, in some small way history would've been altered, and Chris Speers might still be alive today!

I don't know, Chris Speers was flirting with danger. It was by his own doing. But I have to give it to him, he had no idea what he was getting into.
Ram1

Postby Ram1 » Mon May 20, 2002 1:00 am

Yeah, man. I can't wait for that cd/dvd/video whatever thingamajig to come out. And for the ABC Special this fall! A splendid time has defnitely been had by all. This is R1 signing off. Over and in.
Ram1

Postby JettRyder » Mon May 20, 2002 2:12 pm

i always find the opening scenes to be the most exciting. so mine is the silhouette of the hoffner bass with Paul then appearing with bass in hand raised in the air. and then people going absolutely nuts when he launches into hello goodbye.
JettRyder

Postby Ram1 » Mon May 20, 2002 2:38 pm

I like the part when Ron started the intro to 'Sympathy for the Devil', and then Keith got all mad and said, 'Hey, you bloody wanker, I'm suppose to start it off!', and then....

This IS the Ron Wood site right?
Ram1

Postby Ram1 » Mon May 20, 2002 2:47 pm

I gots ze email, and I replied comrade.
Ram1

Next

Return to MACCA-Concerts & Tours