Opening Act for Paul?

Discussions of various topics about Paul not covered in the forums below.

Moderator: Mike

Re: Opening Act for Paul?

Postby edrebber » Sat Dec 03, 2011 5:01 am

McCartney should do another album with Mike McGear. I always wished that McGear would have joined Wings.
edrebber

Postby Girl4Beats » Sat Dec 03, 2011 5:41 pm

That would be Paul McCartney and Mike McGear? Or Paul and Mike McCartney? Or Mike McGear featuring Paul McCartney? But yes I think Mike should have joined Wings but who would be boss man? Silly me! Paul of course.
Girl4Beats
Bronze member
Bronze member

Postby chris » Sat Dec 03, 2011 6:38 pm

Girl4Beats wrote:Hi All,

If Paul was to have an opening act, which he would not, except for 1993? Who or what would you choose?

My choice right now would be Jeff Dunham.

just curious. i saw paul at county stadium in milwaukee, wi in 93. he didn't have an opening act. who opened up for him in 93 when you saw him? and where was the concert?
I want to tell her that I love her a lot, but I got to get a belly full of wine.
chris
Supporter
Supporter

Postby Girl4Beats » Sat Dec 03, 2011 8:50 pm

Okay. My memory is very fuzzy at times and I think it was Giant Stadium and it was a Cirque de-Soleli type of thing. Was that 1993 or earlier? Or was it in a covered stadium? Okay. I know it happened but now I can't remember when.
Girl4Beats
Bronze member
Bronze member

Postby chris » Sat Dec 03, 2011 9:04 pm

anywhere from 2000 to 2002, he did the back in the us tour. there was this cirque-esque...walking creepily thru the arena before the show...thingie. okay, gotcha
I want to tell her that I love her a lot, but I got to get a belly full of wine.
chris
Supporter
Supporter

Postby maccastheman » Sat Dec 03, 2011 9:36 pm

blmeanie wrote:A couple years ago, in Atlanta, he had an opening act play before him, The Script (Irish band).

http://www.concertshots.com/paulmccartneythescriptatlanta081509.htm

I was at that show. I thought they did a fine job opening for Paul. I did like the bizarre opening montage on the 2002 tour. Especially the "Son of Man" guy walking around. It just happens to be one of my favorite paintings. It's just hard for Paul to have an opening act because A - he's Paul McCartney and B - he plays so long. I'm kind of torn on opening acts. I've seen a few that really impressed me, and I've seen a lot where I wish I could get that 30 or 45 minutes back of my life. It might be a good thread to start (or start again) on the general music forum.
And in the end...
maccastheman
Supporter
Supporter

Postby mr h atom » Sat Dec 03, 2011 10:23 pm

Eee-eff: only if chris & i get to do it as a duo....it'd be like martin & lewis, only ...'macc-ier'....

take my monkberry...please !
lift up your head...and remember what your life is !
mr h atom
Gold member :)
Gold member :)

Postby mhnso » Sun Dec 04, 2011 6:27 am

U2 or Rolling Stones would be fine opening acts Have someone mentioned this to Bono or Jagger
mhnso
Silver member
Silver member

Postby Girl4Beats » Sun Dec 04, 2011 1:59 pm

Yeah my sister said it was the 2002 concert but I swore I saw it with friends in the 1990's and not my sister. Must be the anti inflammatories killing the little gray cells.
Girl4Beats
Bronze member
Bronze member

Postby efghijiloveyou » Sun Dec 04, 2011 11:41 pm

I saw him in '89 and again in '90 and both times he showed some sort of short film before the show. On the Back in the Us dvd I think it shows the cirque performers doing their thing. I wouldn't mind seeing James McCartney open for Paul and I get the feeling James wouldn't mind either- he seems to be a sort of daddy's boy, in a good way.
efghijiloveyou
Bronze member
Bronze member

PreviousNext

Return to MACCA - all discussions