Best Band On Earth

This blog is an open discussion of The Beatles

Moderator: Mike

Re: Best Band On Earth

Postby Girl4Beats » Fri Dec 02, 2011 10:08 pm

Well let's be fair here, guys. Mr. H Atom DOES have a right to his opinion, no matter how wrong it is. But since this IS a Macca Blog here, it would stand to reason that the Beatles ARE the best band in the world, contrary to popular belief. And if anyone disagrees with me, I will meet them out back and we can settle this Woman to whoever. She Who Must Be Obeyed has spoken! Well if that's okay with everyone else.
Girl4Beats
Bronze member
Bronze member

Postby mr h atom » Sat Dec 03, 2011 11:07 pm

...and i might remind everyone...she knows ancient torture techniques...

BEATLES RULE ! BEATLES RULE !! BEATLES RULE !!

....but...

i would have all of you wishing me...such good and happy thoughts...to please go and re-read my missive...

i think you might've missed the point wherein i was basically agreeing that the fabs are the best...

but that others, cogent of mind, might not...

and that we, who believe that all you need is love, should practise it a little better...

and, of course...i then, for my own heart, pointed there are days when i might...mayhap even would, put up a spirited fight for our poor dear macca...as being the best ('cause, lets' face it: for the true macca fan, that's the way it should be, no ?)...

'cause even old guys stuck in the middle of kansas can tilt at the windmills sometimes, too....
lift up your head...and remember what your life is !
mr h atom
Gold member :)

Postby Girl4Beats » Sun Dec 04, 2011 8:57 pm

Atom,

All is forgiven. I will say maybe I didn't quite understand but when it comes to The Beatles and Macca, I tend to develop "tunnel vision" very badly.
Girl4Beats
Bronze member
Bronze member

Postby mr h atom » Sun Dec 04, 2011 11:41 pm

i live for tunnel vision, g :-D

look, i believe, in my sane moments, that the beatles are, probably, the best ever...and, at this rate, probably don't have very many serious competitors...

but i also believe that there are alot of really great bands/artists..ones that come so very close that i can understand why, philosophically, one who loves that artist would feel that way...i even respect that: this is not a game, these are peoples passion and art is individual

i feel no need to 'correct' them, for all i know, to paraphrase billy joel, they may be right: i will smile, pat them on the back, even nod my head in true sympathy..

i will even engage in spirited debate about it..and i will allow them thier due: i am not here to dissuade, i am here to offer support and enlightenment.

r. smith once sang that it's a big, bright beautiful world out there...and i think that's true

w. zevon extolled us to 'enjoy every sandwich'...and i plan on it

the world would actually be pretty boring without all these great artists, and their fans...where our paths meet..i wish us all only brotherhood and friendship

so all is good, my friend..all is good
lift up your head...and remember what your life is !
mr h atom

Postby Girl4Beats » Tue Dec 06, 2011 6:41 pm

Atom,

'Nuff said. I understand fully now that you 'splained it to me.
Girl4Beats
Bronze member
Bronze member

Previous

Return to The Beatles: General Discussions