The Times article\ interview

This forum is to alert fans when Paul pops up on TV, radio, magazines, newspapers, websites.

Moderator: Mike

The Times article\ interview

Postby jazz » Sat Dec 03, 2011 2:50 pm

Interesting interview in today's issue of the Times Newspaper today

You can access on line but may have to pay

Paul is interviewed by Caitlin Moran. He talks about having his private phone calls hacked and the need for a change in athe law. How he feels banks should repay the public funds that bailed them out. There is a quite intereting section where Paul talks about his soundchecks -which are attended only by competition winners.

He says

" I get to play more obscure stuff, jam a bit.But i try to think about how i'd feel if I'd paid to see me jamming away. I think ,I'd think you miserable sod and wouldn't want to see me again"

Now this struck me as strange maybe Paul is unaware, that whilst there may be occasions where competition winners attend soundchecks, there are many fans who are paying extrodinary prices for tickets that include attending the soundcheck. I believe these "premium" concert packages are sold via this website and certainly by ticket agencies like Ticketmaster. Or maybe he does know and this is his way of making a statement that it should cease.Anyway i am looking forward to seeing Paul in Manchester. I have a regular ticket as I simply could not afford the premium ticket packages. Interested what others think of this?

Jim
jazz

Re: The Times article\ interview

Postby Girl4Beats » Sat Dec 03, 2011 5:48 pm

Jazz,

Back in 1989-90, I heard the sound checks standing outside the gates and I thought they were great. I also attended a filming and we were the crowd. I never made it to film (I guess I was not young enough and not sexy enough for the camera crew) but while standing around the Band jammed and I thought it was FABULOUS! I would love to attend soundcheck at concerts as a regular thing and not have to pay extra.
Girl4Beats
Bronze member
Bronze member

Postby mr h atom » Sat Dec 03, 2011 10:50 pm

he's dead wrong about about what real fans would like to hear...real fans would listen to any solo, wings or beatle songs he chose to play...
lift up your head...and remember what your life is !
mr h atom
Gold member :)
Gold member :)

Postby Girl4Beats » Sun Dec 04, 2011 2:05 pm

Atom,

I agree whole heartedly. But I would add the earlier stuff. Or on second thought, any stuff.
Girl4Beats
Bronze member
Bronze member

Return to MACCA In-The-Media