New album Macca in February?

Discussions of various topics about Paul not covered in the forums below.

Moderator: Mike

New album Macca in February?

Postby gallopaolo67 » Tue Nov 29, 2011 6:28 pm

Ciao, according to this Macca's italian blog in February released a new album by Paul. This will be confirmed in an interview with Italian radio which will be broadcast on December 1 (Radio2 Rai 09.00 p.m. LT)of course I will listen and I will inform!...... http://paulmccartney-fanclub.blogspot.c ... -paul.html site of the radio...... http://www.radio2.rai.it/dl/Radio2/Page ... b245d.html
gallopaolo67

Re: New album Macca in February?

Postby mr h atom » Tue Nov 29, 2011 7:18 pm

my guess is that it would be the much talked about oldies/'50's one he's been mentioning lately

..but i am totally open for a great big R&R macca surprise, if he should think it might be appropriate..

after all...it'll be 2012, and , according to the mayans X_X , the world may very well end in december of that year, right ?
Last edited by mr h atom on Tue Nov 29, 2011 7:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
lift up your head...and remember what your life is !
mr h atom
Gold member :)

Postby Girl4Beats » Tue Nov 29, 2011 7:36 pm

Is that the one with the Standards from the 1940's and the songs from the 1950's? The 1950's might be good but I am not too entralled about the 1940's. A bit before my time. I didn't come into rock music until 1963.
Girl4Beats
Bronze member
Bronze member

Postby mhnso » Wed Nov 30, 2011 8:22 am

Yes I suppose it s the stanrads album rumoured to contain the oldies but also some new songs from Macca. One is rumoured to be titled My Valentine - Paul sung it for his new wife at his wedding and according to rupurs My Valentine could be the title of the whole album. There is also according to rupurs but also from people like Elvis Costello a collabration with David Grohl in the making. Let s hope for miracles
mhnso
Silver member
Silver member

Postby Girl4Beats » Wed Nov 30, 2011 12:27 pm

Hmmm. New album should prove to be interesting. New songs from Macca? Standards from the 1940's and rock music from the 1950's? Or standards from the 1950's. There are some out there. I am going to have to give a listen before I diss it. Don't like standards from the 1940's.
Girl4Beats
Bronze member
Bronze member

Postby EddieV » Wed Nov 30, 2011 12:42 pm

Looking forward to this. All music by Paul is exciting
Now junior behave yourself
EddieV
Supporter
Supporter

Postby Girl4Beats » Wed Nov 30, 2011 5:24 pm

EddieV,

All music by Paul but not all written by Paul. Will he sing the song as it was originally sung? Lots of factors come into that. I don't know whether I am looking forward to it or not. I am still a rock and roll animal.
Girl4Beats
Bronze member
Bronze member

Postby monkberry69 » Wed Nov 30, 2011 6:04 pm

It's official. Will be with Diana Krall.
Long awaited album, uh?

Please visit my site

www.mccartney-recordings.com

for a new oustanding book I wrote. PAUL MCCARTNEY RECORDING SESSIONS (1969-2011). 13 years in making, over 300 pages, all songs in chronological recording order, who played what on each song, recording studios information, exclusive interviews with over 30 musicians, sessions men, producers, arrangers. Denny Seiwell, Laurence Juber, Richard Hewson, Richard Niles, Carlos Alomar, Jerry Marotta amongst them.
First version available in next weeks in italian. English version will follow quickly. Book your copy without sending any money now at a special price (28 euro, apart form shipping costs). You'll be pleased.

Luca
www.mccartney-recordings.com
The solo McCartney recording sessions finally in a book!
monkberry69

Postby mr h atom » Wed Nov 30, 2011 6:21 pm

"long awaited album, uh ?"

YES !! gawsh!!! it's been like...more than 5 minutes since he last released a real album !!

and you call yourself a fan !!
lift up your head...and remember what your life is !
mr h atom

Postby chris » Wed Nov 30, 2011 8:27 pm

i am going to get excited about any new paul album. i'd rather it be new music, written by the man, himself. but good music is good music. i loved run devil run...so...lets see what paul can do this time. i'm sure not counting him out.
I want to tell her that I love her a lot, but I got to get a belly full of wine.
chris
Supporter
Supporter

Next

Return to MACCA - all discussions