Favourite TV shows

What new & old movies do you like? Room for TV talk as well.

Moderator: Mike

Re: Favourite TV shows

Postby chris » Fri Sep 09, 2011 8:34 pm

crazy coincidence. i swear to god, i am watching ghost adventures right now. new episodes are back on sept 23.
I want to tell her that I love her a lot, but I got to get a belly full of wine.
chris
Supporter
Supporter

Postby efghijiloveyou » Sat Sep 10, 2011 4:54 pm

Never seen Ghost Adventures, but I like Paranormal State, also Fringe.
efghijiloveyou
Bronze member
Bronze member

Postby mr h atom » Tue Oct 11, 2011 11:29 pm

the walking dead return this sunday....

can this still be one of the best shows any where on TV, now that the powers that be have booted its co-creator, frank darabont, over budget issues ?
lift up your head...and remember what your life is !
mr h atom
Gold member :)

Postby chris » Sat Nov 26, 2011 10:16 pm

showtime's shameless season #2 is back in january. it features an i-can't-belive-that-guy-did-that-to-his-own-family that is just as funny as it is shocking.

i don't expect season 2 to be nearly as good as the first. but if it is...i will be ready to say it could be my all time favorite.
I want to tell her that I love her a lot, but I got to get a belly full of wine.
chris
Supporter
Supporter

Postby Girl4Beats » Mon Nov 28, 2011 6:16 pm

Just finished watching Paranormal State and it was very good. Most Haunted was exceptional but then I read on the Internet that it was all faked. None of it was true. Too bad. I saw Fringe once. I used to watch on Chiller a program called Freaky Links but I don't get Chiller anymore.

There is even a haunting of sorts on the Animal Channel about ghosts spooking animals, no pun intended. Psyche Kids it good too.
Girl4Beats
Bronze member
Bronze member

Postby Girl4Beats » Tue Nov 29, 2011 10:18 am

I also like the British Sitcoms. Chef!, Waiting for God, Are You Being Served?, As Time Goes By, and my fave Last of the Summer Wine. I also like the Miss Marple and Hercule Piorot mysteries. I like the Inspector Lewis and Inspector Lindley mysteries too. I like Foyle's War and I think the name is called New Tricks. I even started watching Misomer Mysteries which I found to be rather good. Doc Martin I don't care for because the man has no personality and if that is the premise of the program, then you can keep it!!
Girl4Beats
Bronze member
Bronze member

Postby Girl4Beats » Tue Nov 29, 2011 3:26 pm

I forgot Destination Truth. Good program.
Girl4Beats
Bronze member
Bronze member

Postby maccastheman » Mon Dec 05, 2011 7:05 pm

Arrested Development - One of my favorite comedy shows ever. I love Ron Howard's narration And it's coming back on Netflix! Can't wait for it!
Flight of the Conchords - Another excellent TV series that sadly only lasted for 2 seasons. Combines 2 of my favorite things - music and comedy.
Dexter - John Lithgow was brilliant the season he guest starred. Dexter's inner dialogue keeps me laughing non-stop, too.
Mystery Science Theater 3000 - these guys really crack me up. I have no idea where they find some of these movies to lampoon.
And in the end...
maccastheman
Supporter
Supporter

Postby chris » Mon Dec 05, 2011 10:37 pm

arrested development was...and is still great (even in it's rerun form). if you haven't already, try nbc's community. nots of in-jokes...very AD.

and i swear, i was sure i was the only one alive who watched flight of the conchords. brett and jemaine? that bowie eopisode and the lord of the rings episode are worth the price of admission alone.

dexter has been great from episode one. still offers one of the best opening sequences ever. i have spoke much of that show on this very thread.

hbo's boardwalk empire keeps getting better and better.

and fx's american horror story is great...i think...maybe. not really sure what is going on...but i'm pretty sure i like it.
chris
Supporter
Supporter

Postby mr h atom » Thu Jan 26, 2012 1:14 am

got one of all-time favorites for christmas: the complete 'rumpole of the bailey' ...enjoying every moment
lift up your head...and remember what your life is !
mr h atom

PreviousNext

Return to Movies & TV