Getting around Paul's New Website

Discussions of various topics about Paul not covered in the forums below.

Moderator: Mike

Getting around Paul's New Website

Postby Girl4Beats » Mon Nov 28, 2011 6:25 pm

Hi All,

My first time at this so be patient with me. Anyone a member of Paul McCartney.com? He has a whole new website which confuses the bloody hell out of me. I am NOT/NOT a techie of any kind. I used to be able to go in and find sites where I could get concert pix but I can't find a way anymore. Does anyone know how? Does anyone care? I need concert pix for my Paul scrapbooks that I have been keeping for a few years now.

If you know how, please let me know. There are a few more fans out there I know who are also having a hard time trying to find it. Used to be able to log in, go to Fans, go to Rockshow, find the concert I was looking for, CONFIRMED and click and get all sorts of feedback and places where you could get photos, but I can't find that place anymore.

In the immortal words of The Beatles HELP!
Girl4Beats
Bronze member
Bronze member

Re: Getting around Paul's New Website

Postby chris » Mon Nov 28, 2011 10:44 pm

first, i would like to offer my sincere congratulations for starting your own thread all correct and proper. nicely done.

and second...i don't really have a second point to make. i go to that site every now and then. but this is my home site. so...
I want to tell her that I love her a lot, but I got to get a belly full of wine.
chris
Supporter
Supporter

Postby Girl4Beats » Tue Nov 29, 2011 10:03 am

Chris,

Oh! Thank you very much. I really appreciate that. Second, nothing ventured nothing gained. Hope to hear from others who might be able to help me. In the meantime, I will continue to go to the website and click on everything possible and see if I can find what I am looking for. I hope I don't get totally disillusioned with it.

Just make these things simple for people like me and others who are not big on technology and computers and clouds and other things I know nothing about.

Thanks all for any help.
Girl4Beats
Bronze member
Bronze member

Postby mhnso » Tue Nov 29, 2011 10:58 am

Sometimes it helps to throw the computer out the window. Or hit it with a rythm stick. Otherwise you might write to the managers of that website and ask in a polite way how to navigate on their site
mhnso
Silver member
Silver member

Postby maybebaby » Tue Nov 29, 2011 12:54 pm

They have changed the server for the message board a few weeks ago. The correct link to go to the index page is now:

http://maccaboard.paulmccartney.com/phpBB2/index.php

I'll think you'll find your way from there! :wink:

If you have an active account over there, you should have received a "change your password" e-mail last Friday/Saturday. Follow the instructions and you'll be able to create your account (my page) at the new site. There is a choice between regular fan (free) and Premium/Pioneer access. The message board (users, forums, threads, posts avatars etc) will be integrated into the new website shortly. There will be an exclusive section for Pioneer users (the first 1000 Premium members) :smile:
maybebaby

Postby Girl4Beats » Tue Nov 29, 2011 3:20 pm

maybebaby,

OH thank you so much. I didn't get the e-mail. I guess they didn't get my change of e-mail address. But I am now a member and I guess the forum I am asking about won't be created until later. I thank you so much for your help. Now maybe I can pass that on to my other Paul Pals who are having the same trouble I am.

And to think when I retired I said I would not need a computer. Silly Me!!
Girl4Beats
Bronze member
Bronze member

Postby maybebaby » Tue Nov 29, 2011 4:37 pm

Girl4Beats wrote:maybebaby,

OH thank you so much. I didn't get the e-mail. I guess they didn't get my change of e-mail address. But I am now a member and I guess the forum I am asking about won't be created until later. I thank you so much for your help. Now maybe I can pass that on to my other Paul Pals who are having the same trouble I am.

And to think when I retired I said I would not need a computer. Silly Me!!

Have you checked your spam folder for the e-mail?

There won't be a new forum; the existing one will be transfered to the new site.
maybebaby

Postby Girl4Beats » Tue Nov 29, 2011 7:28 pm

maybebaby,

Had to change my e-mail as I switched providers so maybe it got lost in the confusion. But I will wait to see if all is transferred over to the new site before I start ranting and raving like a lunatic. Fortunately, I found some pix from Bologna on the Internet from some Italian newspaper. Got about 30 in all. The arrival and the concert. So I am still a Happy Camper.

I want to thank all for trying to guide me around his new website and I hope as more things get transferred I will be able to find what I want like before. Why did he change it? I found nothing wrong with it. So it looks more tech but I don't care what it looks like as long as I can get info I want from it.

Such if Life.
Girl4Beats
Bronze member
Bronze member

Postby chris » Tue Nov 29, 2011 10:21 pm

Girl4Beats wrote:before I start ranting and raving like a lunatic.

oh wait...you mean you haven't started?

just joshing. hope you know. it's nice to see you around here. keep posting.

and mhnso's suggestion of whacking your pc with a rythm stick was brilliant. i probably would have gone with that one.
I want to tell her that I love her a lot, but I got to get a belly full of wine.
chris
Supporter
Supporter

Postby mr h atom » Tue Nov 29, 2011 11:18 pm

someone needs to use their rhythm stick on that sexcam post........wait...that doesn't sound right...

(i really gotta stop this !)
lift up your head...and remember what your life is !
mr h atom
Gold member :)
Gold member :)

Next

Return to MACCA - all discussions