Back In Ussr Outtakes

This is where you can post multi-media links for Paul McCartney, John Lennon, Ringo Starr, The Beatles and Beatles-related.

Moderator: Mike

Back In Ussr Outtakes

Postby EddieV » Mon Nov 07, 2011 10:54 am

Now junior behave yourself
EddieV
Supporter
Supporter

Re: Back In Ussr Outtakes

Postby efghijiloveyou » Mon Nov 07, 2011 7:44 pm

This is a nice surprise! Lend Me Your Comb stands out to me - Top notch, in fact. Interesting take on No Other Baby too (but I'll still take the RDR version).
efghijiloveyou
Bronze member
Bronze member

Postby chris » Mon Nov 07, 2011 10:20 pm

thanks eddie. that paul does like him some rock and roll doth he?

spirited vocals on the third verse of take this hammer. (G4B would approve, no doubt)

and...i think no other baby is so good, i can't imagine paul singing a version of that i don't like. but you're right, efghij, the RDR version cannot, will not be topped

except for maybe the live at the cavern club version with the same band

i'm still waiting for him to release that yodelling album i've been reading about for so long.

yo-de-lay-he-hooo.
I want to tell her that I love her a lot, but I got to get a belly full of wine.
chris
Supporter
Supporter

Postby mr h atom » Mon Nov 07, 2011 11:48 pm

i truly love this Non Makkapthn guy ( i take it he's bulgarian or something...such odd spelling )

...The Beatles shoulda hired him instead of that billy...er bobby whatisname (campbell ?) when paul died, all those years ago !

...but seriously, folks...paulie needs to release this...what the f-f-fridgerator !!

these are some cold cuts, indeed !!

thanks ed...you're my hero again
lift up your head...and remember what your life is !
mr h atom
Gold member :)

Postby jgkojak » Tue Nov 08, 2011 3:06 am

Wow - just WOW I have not heard ANY OF THESE though I had read about some of the other songs rehearsed -

These would have all fit nicely on the CD - though kinda glad he saved No Other Baby for the superior take they did for RDR.
Everyone's talkin' 'bout the President
We all chip in for a bag of cement
jgkojak
Supporter
Supporter

Postby Girl4Beats » Tue Nov 08, 2011 3:40 pm

Guys,

HOT DAMN! I would buy this album in a heart beat. Chris, you bet your sweet bippy I like Take this Hammer. But then, I enjoyed ALL the songs I heard from this outtake album. I got the Russian Album free for being a member of Wings Fun Club back in the day instead of a newsletter or Club Sandwich, as it was called. I don't down load. Does anyone know where I can buy this? To tell the truth, I like this a whole lot better than Chaos any day. Just my humble opinion.
Girl4Beats
Bronze member
Bronze member

Postby mr h atom » Thu Nov 10, 2011 12:01 am

i understand totally, g4...
there are many a day that i, too, would rather listen to macca rockin' out on CCCP, RDR...or if i had the chance, this second set from the CCCP sessions over the quite impressive, but rather tame Chaos...

i, too, have yet to bootleg online...but the lack of the 'real stuff' for such a long time does tempt one, doesn't it ?

good thing these are only (drool-drool...pant-pant) snippets...or that tempting might over take my RnR soul !

too bad good ol' Club Sandwich isn't around to fill in all these gaps for us impatient, but loving, fans, eh ?
mr h atom

Postby Girl4Beats » Thu Nov 10, 2011 6:14 pm

Mr. H. Atom,

Frankly I would rather rock out to Flaming Pie than RDR but that is just me. I loved the Russian Album but I think I already said that. Do you know if this will become a bona fide album and not just something on the internet to download? I don't download as I've said and I want to buy the album to have in my collection.

Does anyone know if this will be available in the stores for the very few of us who don't download.
Girl4Beats
Bronze member
Bronze member

Postby chris » Fri Nov 11, 2011 7:57 pm

you know, G4B...i like your contributions to this site. you are insightful. and you are clearly passionate about paul and his music. so, i will try overlook the fact that you think flaming pie rocks more than RDR :wink: i am a big fan of FP. it probably started his recent resurgence. but for some reason...RDR just connects with me. big time. and the fact that it gets little love from many of his fans here on this very site makes me defend it even more. so...there. i said it.

regarding the outtakes, i don't think these snippets are to be released at all. although, admittedly i am not someone in the know. i think there are gobs of unreleased paul goodies on youtube...and these no doubt are gathered from that. i can look for a paul song on youtube, fully intending to be over and done in minutes. and 45 minutes later i'm still watching cool paul stuff.

and we do NOT get enough rare laugh-in references around here. nicely done.
I want to tell her that I love her a lot, but I got to get a belly full of wine.
chris
Supporter
Supporter

Postby mr h atom » Fri Nov 11, 2011 9:00 pm

laugh-in..???
...and here i was left trying to figure out how she knew your bibby was sweet ! :oops:

totally agree about the addictive youtube, big c...

i'm not from the 'land of know' on this one, g4...in this case, and as is so often the usual, i have only wishful thinking going for me

i, too, have nothing but respect for FP...or, for that matter, DR...which also gets a lotta flack...
but then again, i've often been accused of being nothing more than a mccartney apologist by some in the past...a badge i wear quite proudly: he is one of the few artists of which i have virtually everything commercially available...and a few items that are not
mr h atom

Next

Return to McCartney - Beatles Mult-Media